You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Herbie Kane off to Barnsley on a permanent deal - £1.25m including add-ons, plus a 15% sell on clause.

Barnsley getting a good young central midfielder. I can quite easily see him moving on, and up, in a couple of seasons.

I liked watching Herbie for the 18s/23s, and on occasion when he was out on loan at Doncaster and then Hull. A good all round midfielder who needs to be playing first team football at this stage of his career.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

Herbie Kane off to Barnsley on a permanent deal - £1.25m including add-ons, plus a 15% sell on clause.

Barnsley getting a good young central midfielder. I can quite easily see him moving on, and up, in a couple of seasons.

I liked watching Herbie for the 18s/23s, and on occasion when he was out on loan at Doncaster and then Hull. A good all round midfielder who needs to be playing first team football at this stage of his career.

Doesn't Billy Beane hold a stake in Barnsley? 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm surprised at this. Has klopp integrated anyone after they've gone on loan or is it pretty much the end for them when he sanctions a loan?

Elliott is what, 17 or 18? Hardly the same situation as loaning out a player nearing their mid-20s, where it's more about putting a player in the shop window.

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He only turned 17 in April and this will do him no harm in my eyes. Already out of the League Cup so unlikely to play unless we had a dead rubber in Europe or in the FA Cup.

Yeah I reckon this too. He's at an age where he needs competitive games to take the next step in his development. I can see him ripping it up there and coming back ready for the bench consistently next season here. 

Just worried he will end up in with that Bradley Dack who is a fucking bellend. Well I assume he is a bellend anyway because he goes out with this cunt from Love Island

love-island-s-olivia-attwood-announces-e

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Brewster was only 19 when he went on loan. We've loaned loads of teenagers, I can't recall klopp ever taking 1 back 

Depends on him really. If he develops into a real threat at Championship level then I think he'll come back although he might have to have another loan first because he needs to be looking like an Owen to break into our team as a teenager. If he doesn't we'll sell him for £20m or so.  

11 minutes ago, aws said:

Depends on him really. If he develops into a real threat at Championship level then I think he'll come back although he might have to have another loan first because he needs to be looking like an Owen to break into our team as a teenager. If he doesn't we'll sell him for £20m or so.  

Yeah, I guess. I'm just shocked we're letting him go. I've just always felt klopp likes to keep the young players he rates close to him and the squad. Hopefully he'll smash the championship to bits.