You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

I know the Mancs would never sell him to us, but Romero makes complete sense. Very good number 2 goalkeeper who would have walked into a lot of good teams if he didn't waste his time trying to take De Gea's place.

Kellerher is meant to be good with his feet and a good shot stopper. I've seen him a few times and he has good attributes but he needs to bulk up big time. He doesn't give me much confidence in terms of commanding an area which is a huge problem with Adrian. Ideally, he would be toughened up with a loan to the lower leagues or Scotland. Instead, he could get a baptism against the Ev in a crucial game. It's just a clusterfuck. 

Joel needs to come back and Joe can take a few weeks off. Virgil also needs to take a look at himself as does Trent. Not all of this shite is on Adrian.

33 minutes ago, an tha said:

Their wage bill could exceed turnover this year if they don't lower it.

Was already 160m out of 188m and that was before lashed out on all their Galacticos recently.

and you also have to consider they've lost a load of gate money. well theoretically at least. I realise they've banked ST cash right now, but on the books that will show as a debt i guess.  

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Harry Wilson has been at the club for 5 years? If I had to guess he has played less than an hour.

Any cash in hand for him is not piss poor - right now we have to pay him.

Shaqiri is an ageing journeyman - again, a hat stand contributes more. On 80k a week, to hold hats.

Grujic?? Srsly? - In a league game people will be running by him in both directions. If he had any value, the team he just left where he was the MOTM a handful of times would pony up.

Add in Origi and my guess is that is the better part of 125k a week in salary and 45 mil in "piss poor" low fees.

In other words, one useful player.

True, and another season with them bumming around doing nothing whilst their contract grinds down. We will only end up getting about £7m for Wilson.

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

So why the fuck was he pulled from the Arsenal game?

i was wondering 1 of 2 things. the 1st is shaq asked klopp not to play him if the club wanted to sell to make sure he didn't pick up another knock (or perhaps even the club didn't want klopp to play him for the same reason). The 2nd maybe he has covid but doesn't want to make it public. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

No point letting players go out on loan unless you're developing them and plan to bring them back, cunts should either pay up or we'll hang onto them for our run at the treble.

I just genuinely dont understand why clubs do it unless the players are young and dont have an immediate chance of getting in the first team.

Cunts like Victor Moses on their seventh loan in seven seasons. You can't really be that arsed either if you know you are only going for a year and the club have no intention to buy you at the end of it.

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

i was wondering 1 of 2 things. the 1st is shaq asked klopp not to play him if the club wanted to sell to make sure he didn't pick up another knock (or perhaps even the club didn't want klopp to play him for the same reason). The 2nd maybe he has covid but doesn't want to make it public. 

I thought the 1st - he had done similar with Lallana

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

No point letting players go out on loan unless you're developing them and plan to bring them back, cunts should either pay up or we'll hang onto them for our run at the treble.

Too right. Any loan deals can fuck off.

Issue I have is he was pulled from the game of a competition that I wanted us to win for nothing, where we got knocked out.

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

He's just always injured though. Him and Matip just cant be relied on to stay fit.

Thing is though mate, before he was injured long term he still couldn't get a look in. Dunno what happened there.

You see the likes of Origi getting opportunities before him. I mean would you rather have original on the wing or Shaqiri?

3 minutes ago, lebron said:

One of Shaq and Grujic will not be registered in the PL squad, as they are probably no 17 and 18 on our non-homegrown list (17 being the magic number).

Edit; Origi and Adrian could be candidates for the chop as well...

I was just about to say Adrian! Does grujic not.count as homegrown, did we not sign him young enough?

19 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thing is though mate, before he was injured long term he still couldn't get a look in. Dunno what happened there.

You see the likes of Origi getting opportunities before him. I mean would you rather have original on the wing or Shaqiri?

Origi is a waste of time now. Should have left as soon as last season was over if he was bothered about developing himself. He's not even on a very high wage here either, he just genuinely isn't bothered.