You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Jota is going to be able to slot in anywhere in the front three and could probably do a job in the midfield - good engine, great feet.

I might have a little more time for Origi but out on the left he is abysmal and Klopp must have decided that he can't play the role in the middle of the three for us so he is not really that useful.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not sure it will be quite like that. They're all surplus to requirements and if bids come in for all of them, they'll go. 

I don't think we're choosing to hold on to him, just nobody will pay for him yet. He clearly won't get playing time in the CL and PL, but we have to appear we're happy to use him or it devalues him. We're about to head into panic season in the last few days of the window and Wilson scores a few, so someone will stump up I think. Perhaps Burnley are waiting for tarkowski to go before they can afford wilson?

Yeah, I know what you mean, they're not going to come out and say we have no use for him. That is the truth though and I'm sure other clubs are able to work that out themselves. If he stays, I'd say he'll be lucky to even make the bench five times all season in either the PL or CL. 

• Upvote 1

Diallo, from gorgeous Brest, heading to the Saints. Best player from the big town in Finistère ( beautiful area, you should all visit).

15M€, a bargain nowadays for a young player and a bright prospect, une pépite as we say down here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Diallo, from gorgeous Brest, heading to the Saints. Best player from the big town in Finistère ( beautiful area, you should all visit).

15M€, a bargain nowadays for a young player and a bright prospect, une pépite as we say down here.

The midfielder? When I saw that I thought it was the striker at Metz.

20 minutes ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

If Burnley offered us a bag of balloons for Harry Wilson I'd take it. 

Hearing the club are asking for more detail on this potential offer, such as the range of colours and whether some long, sausage type balloons that can be twisted into animal shapes are included. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, aws said:

Grujic won't have done his chances of a good move any harm at all last night. Thought he looked composed and effective. If we weren't fully stocked with holding midfielders I don't think he'd be going anywhere. 

I actually think we should keep him. Thought he did well last night and with his extra height it would be useful.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I actually think we should keep him. Thought he did well last night and with his extra height it would be useful.

A shame to let him go really but he is directly competing with Fab and Thiago for one spot which Hendo, Milner and Gini could cover for if necessary. 

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm surprised Dyche wants Wilson, he doesn't seem to fit the Burnley ticket. 

Maybe all the Burnley grocks and Dyche just want to watch him shower.

He can take a free kick and Burnley don't have much of that. He's probably half a dozen goals a season for them from free kicks they wouldn't otherwise get. 

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Hearing the club are asking for more detail on this potential offer, such as the range of colours and whether some long, sausage type balloons that can be twisted into animal shapes are included. 

They can fuck right off with sausage shaped balloons the cheeky twats

In

Jota - £45m

Thiago - £25m

Tsimikas - £12m

Out

Brewster - £23.5m

Lovren - £11m

Hoever - £10m

Out - £72m

In - £54m

Not sure if those figures are 100% accurate but they’ll be close enough.

It seems we’re expecting no more incomings while Shaq or Wilson and Grujic are expected to leave before the window ends, so we’re likely to turn at least break even. 

So we’ve taken a squad 97 point European Cup winning squad and a 99 point Premiership winning team, signed 3 new players, sold 3-5 fringe players, will at least break even and, on paper, we’ve significantly improved our squad. 

No doubt I’ll be accused of being on FSG’s payroll or whatever by some miserable bellends, but you can’t argue with facts - the club is in a great place.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

In

Jota - £45m

Thiago - £25m

Tsimikas - £12m

Out

Brewster - £23.5m

Lovren - £11m

Hoever - £10m

Out - £72m

In - £54m

Not sure if those figures are 100% accurate but they’ll be close enough.

It seems we’re expecting no more incomings while Shaq or Wilson and Grujic are expected to leave before the window ends, so we’re likely to turn at least break even. 

So we’ve taken a squad 97 point European Cup winning squad and a 99 point Premiership winning team, signed 3 new players, sold 3-5 fringe players, will at least break even and, on paper, we’ve significantly improved our squad. 

No doubt I’ll be accused of being on FSG’s payroll or whatever by some miserable bellends, but you can’t argue with facts - the club is in a great place.

One thing thats slightly overlooked though, once we sell these other fringe players we are getting down to the bare bones of players that will be surplus. Barring Origi, I can't think of any other players we could sell to fund other transfers without letting a big hitter go. Which means next summer we say goodbye to some core players if we want to invest.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

One thing thats slightly overlooked though, once we sell these other fringe players we are getting down to the bare bones of players that will be surplus. Barring Origi, I can't think of any other players we could sell to fund other transfers without letting a big hitter go. Which means next summer we say goodbye to some core players if we want to invest.

00C9D287-F817-49A3-A937-4B856ADCD647.gif