You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

11 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I think they are bluffing with Dembele. Trying to force Dortmunds hand with Sancho. I still expect them to get Sancho signed for around the £100 million mark. 

You can always get it wrong because no one ever has any real info except right before deals are done (except for @El Rojo) but from the stuff coming out, it seems Dortmund are really annoyed with United and will refuse to do a deal this window.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Rhian Brewster was absent entirely against Arsenal, the striker edging closer to a move to Sheffield United. Liverpool feel £20m is a good price for a player who is yet to play a Premier League game. Brewster’s talent is clear, but his pathway at Anfield is not. [@neiljonesgoal] https://t.co/TfMuav1RPr

We demand close to 25 M for Brewster and close to 20M for Harry Wilson, refusing to even listen to any other valuation.

At the same time we’re outraged when Bayern Munich wants 25M for Thiago, refusing t pay that kind of money. Also, it looks like our stubbornness is rewarded.

They’re good at it aren’t they? Our business people. Almost shamefully good.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, aws said:

Grujic won't have done his chances of a good move any harm at all last night. Thought he looked composed and effective. If we weren't fully stocked with holding midfielders I don't think he'd be going anywhere. 

I agree. I like him. Thought he was our best player last night.

As Carra said during commentary, it’s probably the hardest point in history to break into our side. In years go by, Jones & Grujic (maybe more) would have been semi regular starters for us. 

The price of being so fucking good I suppose.

I’d rather have this issue rather our best players angling for moves every summer. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Sky saying £23m fee and that we have a three year buyback clause for Brewster, and a 15% sell on clause. Sounds like good business.

Could be very good business for Sheff United as well if he keeps them up.

With Shaq possibly going as well, does seem to suggest that we're putting a kitty together to bring in one more.  

I'm not sure we need another central defender, I thought Williams looked really good last night, good enough to be a 4th choice or 5th choice.  Was odd not to see Fabinho play last night though, which suggests he's not part of the established group of CBs, he is literally a break-glass option. 

But you never know, I think Burnley are still listening to offers for Tarkowski who Klopp seemed to fancy.  I think we might pay a big fee for a player but not necessarily a big name.