Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 280 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Revenge negging. 

NV bump the thread. 

Slack as fuck round here lately. 

Remember the halcyon days of VBulletin, when somebody would revenge neg then the top repped posters could turn just about anybody from green to red. That stopped revenge negging pretty fucking quickly. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

N   U   M   E   R   O

That's fine. As long as it isn't after a full stop, then it's fine. Even Microsoft Word now marks double-spaces as an error. First thing Microsoft have done right in a while. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Remember the halcyon days of VBulletin, when somebody would revenge neg then the top repped posters could turn just about anybody from green to red. That stopped revenge negging pretty fucking quickly. 

Tags and leaving a snidey neg comment are the things this forum misses the most. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

Has Joe been on to the bizzies?

He cant find his mobile. Something about a pizza box. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Van den Berg might be going out on loan. One unnamed Premier league club and a few championship clubs interested.

Makes sense.  Bringing Fabinho on at that scoreline last week instead of him was weird.  Possibly didn't want to cup tie him. 

23 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Van den Berg might be going out on loan. One unnamed Premier league club and a few championship clubs interested.

Double-spaced surname wanker...

On 29/09/2020 at 16:08, No2 said:

He looks happy as ever in training and matches. Could be as simple as he wants to try something else next season. He's earned the right if that's his wish.

Could be.. but his team were pushing only a few weeks back he wanted to sign a long term deal. It feels to me everyone is open to him staying, he wants more than we're prepared to give and it would seem purely age isn't an issue as they gave that long deal to thiago. I think it has to be either they think he's about to drop off a cliff or he's asking for terms that the club don't want to entertain.  

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Could be.. but his team were pushing only a few weeks back he wanted to sign a long term deal. It feels to me everyone is open to him staying, he wants more than we're prepared to give and it would seem purely age isn't an issue as they gave that long deal to thiago. I think it has to be either they think he's about to drop off a cliff or he's asking for terms that the club don't want to entertain.  

I don't think the club are arsed, whatever happens. Either he accepts the terms they set financially and years wise, or we let a 30 year old go and we can start getting a bit younger.

On 29/09/2020 at 16:08, No2 said:

He looks happy as ever in training and matches. Could be as simple as he wants to try something else next season. He's earned the right if that's his wish.

I personally think that's about the gist of it... unless the club want to offer something extra-ordinary to make him change his mind. Which is unlikely. I suspect he's walking on a free, but everyone is reasonably relaxed about it. 

• Upvote 1

It's nuts though. He's a fucking ball rentention machine and showing no signs of slowing down. 

How can we hand Milner an extension on his massive wages at his age but not Gini who is on a pittance? 

Hes like our Scottie Pippen that FSG have got a hard on to fuck over. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's nuts though. He's a fucking ball rentention machine and showing no signs of slowing down. 

How can we hand Milner an extension on his massive wages at his age but not Gini who is on a pittance? 

Hes like our Scottie Pippen that FSG have got a hard on to fuck over. 

That's just your take on it.  There could be any one of a number of things going on in the background that both parties are happy with, but in the lack of that knowledge you default to "FSG fucking someone over".

Gini doesn't give the impression he's got an axe to grind either.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think the club are arsed, whatever happens. Either he accepts the terms they set financially and years wise, or we let a 30 year old go and we can start getting a bit younger.

I don't think it would be right to say the club aren't arsed. If they weren't arsed they wouldn't put any deal in front of him. Just like everything we do, we have a spreadsheet with a number, regardless of if that's buying a player, selling one or giving him a new contract, we have a number and tend to stick to it. I'm not saying there isn't some negotiation, but we probably start under that number, it's just we won't cross it. 

FSG will think why pay him a higher wage, big signing on fee and weigh his agent in too when we can milk him on a lower wage till the end of the season 

12 hours ago, Daisy said:

How much have we offered Gini?