You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

On 25/09/2020 at 17:59, Istvan Kuntstain said:

To be fair isnt Suarez their 3rd highest ever goal scorer? They way they have just fucked him off shows them as classless, im no Messi fan though.

Suarez might want to remember how he handled his departures from previous clubs. Karma is a bitch Luis.

https://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/index.php?/forums/topic/100541-definitely-true-things-youve-heard-about-footballers/&page=32&tab=comments#comment-5156183

On 04/08/2018 at 23:16, Trumo said:

Burnley manager Sean Dyche got his gravelly voice after belting out Minnie Riperton's 'Loving You' on a club night out. He hit each and every one of the high notes.

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it was reported last week he turned down the contract, but it's nothing official - although I don't suppose it never is. I was watching how delighted he looked last night and it's pretty hard to consider he wants out. 

Cheers was ok with him not so much so after last night

It's doing my head in now, what's going on? 

I can't imagine him being a dick and asking for something completely unreasonable, he's happy to be here, he's one of our most important players, played 2,948 minutes out of 3,400 last season. Barely ever injured, a club captain and we're risking losing him on a free for what? 

What else is there that the club wants? Just slap the money and the contract on the table. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

My bet is he wants a four year contract, we've offered three and don't want to go further. 

Surely the value of him as an asset is higher than the cost of that extra years wages. 

Plus he's been on the lower end of the scale during his time here anyway, seems like everyone else has been given a pay rise except for him. 

36 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Surely the value of him as an asset is higher than the cost of that extra years wages. 

Plus he's been on the lower end of the scale during his time here anyway, seems like everyone else has been given a pay rise except for him. 

I agree and if length of contract is the issue then we've weakened our position by giving Thiago four years. No idea how long are the contracts we last gave to Milner and Hendo but if we only gave then three years we may be in a bit of a fix. 

39 minutes ago, Aventus said:

36 minutes ago, aws said:

I agree and if length of contract is the issue then we've weakened our position by giving Thiago four years. No idea how long are the contracts we last gave to Milner and Hendo but if we only gave then three years we may be in a bit of a fix. 

Haven't we just given a 4 year contract to thiago who's the same age and has a history of some injuries? If it's purely on length of contract, it seems pretty harsh and seems inconceivable there's not more to it than that, unless they've seen something in the data that they know he's about to drop off a cliff. I wonder if he's asking for cheap release points through that contract. We have history of not wanting release clauses as we saw with Can.