Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 269 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Him and Diego Costa in the same side haha fuck being a centre-half in La Liga 

Was my first thought too. Will be hilarious.

I’ve always had a fondness for Costa, despite him playing for Chelsea. He’s great entertainment. 

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Palace looked quick and decisive going forward at United, might be a decent place for Rhian, but not sure he will be an immediate starter with Zaha, Ayew, Bentley,  Wickham, Batshuayi , Sorloth and Townsend all there.

Sørloth is not really a Palace player anymore, his move to RBLeipzig got stopped today, he will end up at the mancs or Spurs instead.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Him and Diego Costa in the same side haha fuck being a centre-half in La Liga 

I think we were rumoured to be aggressively monitoring Costa while we still had Suarez, and I was both relieved and disappointed when it didn't happen. 

Really hope we get to see it, especially with another shithouse as manager. 

4 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Bit odd for a chairman to feel the need to publicly tear down a sky sports headline about transfers. 95% of transfer stuff is complete fabrication.

Have a feeling the interest (and bid) is real but was asked to keep under wraps to avoid any kind of bidding war. There's probably an inquest right now to figure out who leaked it.

Nah I'd say it was the Benteke transfer rage bubbling up inside. He's screaming at the TV WE ARE NEVER BUYING A STRIKER from them cunts again.

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I think we were rumoured to be aggressively monitoring Costa while we still had Suarez, and I was both relieved and disappointed when it didn't happen. 

Really hope we get to see it, especially with another shithouse as manager. 

He turned us down and signed a new contract. I think that was around the time Willian fucked us off for Spurs before fucking them off for Chelsea. Bad times.

Wolves selling a perfectly fine right back for £12m then selling their best forward to fund  signing a Portuguese right back for £30m doesn’t stink of agents pulling strings at all. 

They have all the credibility of Matthewbet after misquoting Rory Smith the other day. 

Think the last few days show as clear as ever that if it's not coming from Hughes/Pearce/Joyce (possibly the echo) then it's not worth getting excited about.

• Upvote 1

If the kid keeps progressing, in 12 months time I'd be interested in adding young Lamptey to the squad, gives the option of moving Trent forward, maybe at the expense of a departing Milner?

The Mbappé thing, the one thing we have to do is position ourselves to be his team of choice if he wants to come to the Premier League. I don't think that's too unrealistic. And if he starts to lean that way, then we figure out the financial stuff.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Mbappé thing, the one thing we have to do is position ourselves to be his team of choice if he wants to come to the Premier League. I don't think that's too unrealistic. And if he starts to lean that way, then we figure out the financial stuff.

Surely he'd want absolute mega money. We already have a high wage bill but his wages would be mental.

If we went for Mbappe in the summer, he’d only have a year left on his contract, therefore I assume we’d view it as more value in any fee.

20 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’d actually prefer Haaland of the two. 

Me too. Proper player, him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Hahahahaha.

I will read that tomorrow, while eating my baguette, with butter from Brittany, one croissant and one pain au chocolat. 

I will let you know  the structure of the deal, the wage, the length....

Tuesday is coming soon !

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Apparently Haaland has a £65m release clause next summer.

Code's already on the mission, he's as good as ours.

• Like 1