Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 257 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Surprised to see us sell Hoever. I suppose there is limited opportunity for him with Trent and Williams ahead of him at RB.

3 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

We're interested in Jota. Have to think it's linked then.

Yeah, all the usual suspects reporting it. Wonder what the price looks like. Jota wasn't in the squad yesterday for Wolves.

20 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

As long as we've got buy back clauses then I don't see the problem with letting Brewster and Hoever go. We went down the loan route with Wilson and it didn't work, so we may as well get some money in and let them develop for a couple of seasons in settled squads.

From the little I've seen of Hoever though, I honestly thought he was better than Williams.

Agree with both bolded bits.

People on twitter slagging off Williams because we didn't sell him instead and this guy is gonna be a star and FSG are shite etc.

Bunch of fannies, we bought one of the best midfielders in the world yesterday and are premier league champions. This new generation of twitter footy fans makes the Sky generation look like Dr Fun.

I bet most of the cunts have got 'two favourite teams'.

• Upvote 4

For Jota, I'd be surprised if we get him for a reasonable fee, but as a fit in the squad, he'd seem pretty great. Very versatile forward. Could probably put him anywhere in the front line.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

People on twitter slagging off Williams because we didn't sell him instead and this guy is gonna be a star and FSG are shite etc.

Bunch of fannies, we bought one of the best midfielders in the world yesterday and are premier league champions. This new generation of twitter footy fans makes the Sky generation look like Dr Fun.

I bet most of the cunts have got 'two favourite teams'.

They've almost certainly never been to a game in their life.

• Upvote 1

I think we can gather this Jota thing has legs then. 

Did he score at Anfield last season and then ran about giving it the big I am?

I’m convinced we’re gonna pull a shock near the end of the window,  Sancho is hanging on and doesn’t seem keen on UTD, and UTD seem to be looking at alternatives, we need a forward, Klopp got his contacts in Dortmund, we opted out of going for Werner which was strange as he ticked all the boxes, the Thiago transfer goes against FSGs transfer ‘rules’ but Klopp wanted him, If Klopp really wanted Werner, he’d have got him too. He opted out because something else was available but we gotta raise funds 1st. *taps nose* It’s happening.

I obviously recognise the name but I wouldn’t recognise Jota if he was sat next to me now.

Is he any good?

Assume if we sign Sarr and Jota then we’ve more or less tied up deals to sell Wilson & Shaqiri.

Jota >>>>> Sarr.

Hope the deal happens. Jota will be a very good cover for any of the front 3 positions. Much more proven than Sarr. And no risk of losing him to the AFCON next season either.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

As long as we've got buy back clauses then I don't see the problem with letting Brewster and Hoever go. We went down the loan route with Wilson and it didn't work, so we may as well get some money in and let them develop for a couple of seasons in settled squads.

From the little I've seen of Hoever though, I honestly thought he was better than Williams.

He was at one point, but I wouldn't say so right now, maybe technically (Hoever's scored some great goals, especially for Holland). Williams seems to have been getting better and better though.

Neco Williams is going to be a very very good RB. He is unfortunate that the best RB in the world is ahead of him. 

Are we really interested in Jota? The first mention was some Wolves fan calling himself Callum on Twitter. When Jota wasn’t in the squad last night (his partner has just given birth) this lad tweeted that he was on his way to Liverpool. He later admitted it was made up bollocks, but by then LFC Twitter has picked it up and gone into overdrive. My skeptometer is at a high level. 

EDIT: As high a level as Scott’s scouting.

• Upvote 1