Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 256 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

I’d absolutely get the Barca Dembele at £30m-£40m just so long as Klopp got the cut of his gib first. There’s enough shitness about Barcelona to suggest a talented young player may noir flourish there. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

I agree with Arnaud. If they’re getting rid of Suarez I think they’ll need him. Fresh start under a new manager. 

tenor.gif?itemid=11917915

Agent Red Ronald to sort us out here.

I think too many bridges burnt at Barca for him, needs a change of place and a squad to pull him in line

Dembele would be a real boom or bust. Can't stay fit and is a bit of a scumbag but if it came off, he'd be a ridiculous addition. We know Klopp likes him as a player... Who knows.

46 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Dembele would be a real boom or bust. Can't stay fit and is a bit of a scumbag but if it came off, he'd be a ridiculous addition. We know Klopp likes him as a player... Who knows.

Barca need money and player, why would they loan out such a player ? It makes no sense.

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Sarr and Werner deals aren't financially equivalent at all. Can't just say oh one was 50m, one is 36m. The wage difference would be massive, Werner would have needed to have been paid in one shot, etc... It's nowhere close. 

The chasm between the players is far bigger than the financials quoted. 

That said if the recruitment team rate him then bring the cunt in

Just now, El Diego said:

He looks the business. Jurgen obviously only planning for the next two years.

I was reading he prefers right back to centre back. Maybe we think Williams is a better option?

Again, I’d hope there is a buy back clause. 

They have yet to replace Doherty... they could look for him start every game for them. 

3 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Djenepo at Southampton strikes me as a player that would succeed here. Very similar to Sarr, wouldn't be a bad alternative, I think Klopp can really polish these types of players.

Agree, really like the look of him.

Bit of a shame about Hoever. Maybe too small to be CB, not technically good enough to be RB? Would fit 3 at the back at Wolves better. I'd say good move for him.

• Upvote 1

I'd prefer to keep our younger prospects. 

But, they're not guaranteed to make the step up to the required level. Plus, the coaching staff have probably seen more and know more about the likes of Hoever, Wilson and Brewster than we do from the brief glimpses we've had of them. 

If we're offloading these kinds of players to bring in someone like Sarr, who's both going to strengthen the first team squad and still has time on his side, then I won't complain too much. 

See what happens. But, it definitely looks like the whole Covid-19 thing has made these sales necessary if we want to bring players in. 

As long as we've got buy back clauses then I don't see the problem with letting Brewster and Hoever go. We went down the loan route with Wilson and it didn't work, so we may as well get some money in and let them develop for a couple of seasons in settled squads.

From the little I've seen of Hoever though, I honestly thought he was better than Williams.

• Upvote 1