Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 252 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I’m really not into Sarr. If it’s him or no one, fair enough and I’ll hope to be proven wrong, but I’m praying we go for Daka. If we want somebody more raw, id still prefer Doku. 

He had two good games against us.  The first he missed some easy chances.  Did he do anything else for the rest of the Season?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, J-V said:

He had two good games against us.  The first he missed some easy chances.  Did he do anything else for the rest of the Season?

Watched him in a few other games and I don't think he was outstanding in any. I'm not sold on Sarr at all but would be happy to be proved wrong.

 

Do have to wonder how wise it is if we are buying yet another attacking player who would be going away to the AFCON next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, J-V said:

He had two good games against us.  The first he missed some easy chances.  Did he do anything else for the rest of the Season?

He was dangerous in general and has lots of potential. He's young with loads of physical attributes. Klopp could do great things with him, despite how raw he is. The issue with him is the price and AFCON. Those may see the deal not be done if the funds are there, but as for the type of player he is/could be, I don't think there's an issue there.

 

I watched him loads in France and he was used very differently at Watford, where he was played wide on the right and just ran in a straight line and put crosses in. At Rennes he played striker, both wings, etc... If the right coach (like Klopp) gets his hands on him, he can be great. He's not the cleanest player technically, but neither was Mané when he signed. People forget that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Buy Daka and secure Doku for next season would be nice. Just a pity Deco retired.

We should add Dunk as fourth choice CB.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He was dangerous in general and has lots of potential. He's young with loads of physical attributes. Klopp could do great things with him, despite how raw he is. The issue with him is the price and AFCON. Those may see the deal not be done if the funds are there, but as for the type of player he is/could be, I don't think there's an issue there.

 

I watched him loads in France and he was used very differently at Watford, where he was played wide on the right and just ran in a straight line and put crosses in. At Rennes he played striker, both wings, etc... If the right coach (like Klopp) gets his hands on him, he can be great. He's not the cleanest player technically, but neither was Mané when he signed. People forget that.

 

He certainly has raw physical attributes but there is absolutely no comparison between him and Mane when he signed for us. Mane was a far better player (albeit older, I believe) and had proven output in the PL. 

 

Sarr is some way off that. I feel like signing Sarr would be akin to signing Origi when he first joined. Hopefully he proves to have a much higher ceiling than him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Sarr is shit. Luckily for him I also thought Mane was another Bolaise and Salah would be back in Switzerland in 2 years.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I’m really not into Sarr. If it’s him or no one, fair enough and I’ll hope to be proven wrong, but I’m praying we go for Daka. If we want somebody more raw, id still prefer Doku. 

Sarr is proven in the league, that’s a huge plus IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aRdja said:

Sarr is proven in the league, that’s a huge plus IMO.

I think I'd probably disagree with that, but no doubt Klopp knows far more than any of us! So to your point, maybe he is 'proven' in the sense that Klopp has observed up close how he'd perform in this league, particularly against the physicality of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, J-V said:

He had two good games against us.  The first he missed some easy chances.  Did he do anything else for the rest of the Season?

 

I don't think he was awful and its hard to judge anyone from that Watford team, but for me, the biggest thing about him is that he seemed to play in straight lines. I watched him a couple of times and was never impressed with his movement or guile, which makes him distinctly unlikely any of our front three. It's the same problem Origi has.

 

The profligacy is also something that concerns me, Bobby misses enough chances as it is. The thing that I got about Werner was that he was a deadly finisher, same goes for Daka. I really hope we get somebody who just knows how to put chances away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

 

He certainly has raw physical attributes but there is absolutely no comparison between him and Mane when he signed for us. Mane was a far better player (albeit older, I believe) and had proven output in the PL. 

 

Sarr is some way off that. I feel like signing Sarr would be akin to signing Origi when he first joined. Hopefully he proves to have a much higher ceiling than him.

I'm not comparing Mané with Sarr, which would be a lazy thing to do by the way, as they aren't that similar, because Mané was older and more established. And as players, Mané is more of a #10, someone who can drop deep, link play as well as do other things. He's become very complete. Sarr is different in that I think he has the qualities to be a devastating #9 with his pace, running in behind and physique. It's all about the situation and the coach. Our situation and coach is as good as it gets. Could I see Klopp moulding Sarr into a great attacking player? Absolutely. Maybe not other coaches.

 

What I'm saying is despite being a good goalscorer and a dynamic player, Mané had similar issues with technique where he had loads of games where he looked unable to even control the ball, would trip over his own feet, etc.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I think I'd probably disagree with that, but no doubt Klopp knows far more than any of us! So to your point, maybe he is 'proven' in the sense that Klopp has observed up close how he'd perform in this league, particularly against the physicality of it.

 

There are loads of good footballers who do well elsewhere but couldn’t cope with the physicality of the league; Mkhitaryan, Kagawa, Di Maria, Falcao, Veron, etc. With Sarr at least we know that the demands of the league wouldn’t be too much for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Or N’Dicka.

From what I’ve seen of him (two games) he’s very rash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

How realistic is Sarr? Or is it just rumour?

The likes of Pearce have said there's interest. Will depend on sales, probably. We have some long term interest on Jeremy Doku too. Almost signed him when he was a kid, if I remember correctly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Sarr is proven in the league, that’s a huge plus IMO.

Proven. What has he proven? That he has a 1 in 4 goal rate? I'd say he isn't proven anywhere. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×