Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 249 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

If I could be arsed I'd go back to the 2019 transfer thread where the top reds were telling everybody that we didn't sign an attacker because the manager rated Rhian Brewster so highly.

 

James Pearce and his gang of cunts couldn't stop telling us about it. The greatest academy prospect since Michael Owen we were told. And here we are, with fuck all offensive backup, willingly selling our golden child to Sheffield fucking United. 

 

And you wonder why nobody believes the bullshit being peddled right now about us being broke. Because it's just this year's spin.

 

Separately - it's a disgrace we're being put in a position that we're having to sell our top youngsters to pay for first team reinforcements. Klopp probably wants Rhian on the books because he loves a player but has been told of the interest and told "well...if you want a first team player, this looks like the only money we can use for it".

  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Rumours circulating that a permanent deal with Sheffield United for Brewster has been agreed. Supposedly with a buy back clause. Wait and see if it is confirmed.

Whatever that buy back clause is, we can't afford it. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

If I could be arsed I'd go back to the 2019 transfer thread where the top reds were telling everybody that we didn't sign an attacker because the manager rated Rhian Brewster so highly.

 

James Pearce and his gang of cunts couldn't stop telling us about it. The greatest academy prospect since Michael Owen we were told. And here we are, with fuck all offensive backup, willingly selling our golden child to Sheffield fucking United. 

 

And you wonder why nobody believes the bullshit being peddled right now about us being broke. Because it's just this year's spin.

 

Separately - it's a disgrace we're being put in a position that we're having to sell our top youngsters to pay for first team reinforcements. Klopp probably wants Rhian on the books because he loves a player but has been told of the interest and told "well...if you want a first team player, this looks like the only money we can use for it".

There was hype around Brewster at some point, but that's not permanent. I don't think Klopp rates Brewster that highly. Simple as that. For example, you can see he rates Jones. That kid will never go on loan, he gets consistent sub appearances now. Brewster just isn't at that level. If we end up using Brewster to gather funds, I struggle to see how that's a disgrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There was hype around Brewster at some point, but that's not permanent. I don't think Klopp rates Brewster that highly. Simple as that. For example, you can see he rates Jones. That kid will never go on loan, he gets consistent sub appearances now. Brewster just isn't at that level. If we end up using Brewster to gather funds, I struggle to see how that's a disgrace.

Beautiful work, I congratulate you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There was hype around Brewster at some point, but that's not permanent. I don't think Klopp rates Brewster that highly. Simple as that. For example, you can see he rates Jones. That kid will never go on loan, he gets consistent sub appearances now. Brewster just isn't at that level. If we end up using Brewster to gather funds, I struggle to see how that's a disgrace.

I ain't getting involved in the Brewster talent argument but it is pathetic a club of our stature looking to Sheffield United to fund a first team player  .  Let that sink in .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Rumours circulating that a permanent deal with Sheffield United for Brewster has been agreed. Supposedly with a buy back clause. Wait and see if it is confirmed.

Would hope we're in for Sarr or some other attacker if that's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Rumours circulating that a permanent deal with Sheffield United for Brewster has been agreed. Supposedly with a buy back clause. Wait and see if it is confirmed.

We need money obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving aside the question of whether FSG are absolute cunts during this window I find it hard to be arsed about Brewster leaving. He's a good player and has potential, but I don't see him as a Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler-level talent. 

 

He's a good finisher but that's about it. He doesn't seem like a player that can lead the line or drop in to link the play and he's not quick enough to stand-in for Mane or Salah out wide. Unless we switch to a 4-4-2 (not gonna happen) or 4-2-3-1 I just don't see where he possibly fits in with Liverpool. 

 

He looked out of his depth in the league cup last season and Harvey Elliott, at 16, looked way more impressive. His loan spell at Swansea is also being blown up as an example of his mega talent, but while 11 in 22 is impressive it's hardly earth shattering. Owen or Fowler were tearing up the Premier League at the same age as Brewster (and internationally in Owen's case too). 

 

If he goes for 25m-30m, with a buyback, then that's good business. We need a Sarr or a Doku because without one of Mane or Salah we are fucked.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would he bother? He signed this contract to give the players he wanted confidence that he would be here, and that was a pointless exercise. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Klopp renewing is vital.  The fans will have to stick with him if we have a bad season though, I think this is almost guaranteed considering the intensity we play at and when you take the 30 year wait/hangover into account.  Also, you can't expect all of our kids and cheap buys to deliver year upon year.

 

Get him signed up, we just need Pep to go and we can have a good go at dominating for years to come!

 

Plus it seems like we need the prize money otherwise we will have to sell our big players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Code said:

Keeping Origi and selling Brewster would be typical for us.

Agree. Keeping somebody who has done little enough aside from scoring goals in European Cup Finals, European Cup Semi-Finals and too many derbies to mention while selling somebody who hasn't shown that much for us and may not be suited to our style of play is an absolute disgrace.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

There was hype around Brewster at some point, but that's not permanent. I don't think Klopp rates Brewster that highly. Simple as that. For example, you can see he rates Jones. That kid will never go on loan, he gets consistent sub appearances now. Brewster just isn't at that level. If we end up using Brewster to gather funds, I struggle to see how that's a disgrace.

 

I agree with you, I'm just pointing out how everybody on here and the fuckwit shill journalists talking about how 'Brewster is the future' last summer to excuse our lack of spending was a load of absolute bollocks. Just like the excuses this year are a load of bollocks too.

 

And it's not a disgrace to let him go if we don't rate him, it is a disgrace that we HAVE to let him go in order to spend any money. But i'm sure the cuckolds will be here in force making excuses for the owners.

 

Tried to furlough staff. Raise tickets to ridiculous prices. Trademark the word Liverpool. Have never fulfilled their promises of improving the stadium. "bUt iTs oKAy bEcAUse tHey aRE rUnninG uS lIke a SuStainaBle bUsinESs", whilst being multibillionaire hedge fund owners.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Leaving aside the question of whether FSG are absolute cunts during this window I find it hard to be arsed about Brewster leaving. He's a good player and has potential, but I don't see him as a Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler-level talent. 

 

He's a good finisher but that's about it. He doesn't seem like a player that can lead the line or drop in to link the play and he's not quick enough to stand-in for Mane or Salah out wide. Unless we switch to a 4-4-2 (not gonna happen) or 4-2-3-1 I just don't see where he possibly fits in with Liverpool. 

 

He looked out of his depth in the league cup last season and Harvey Elliott, at 16, looked way more impressive. His loan spell at Swansea is also being blown up as an example of his mega talent, but while 11 in 22 is impressive it's hardly earth shattering. Owen or Fowler were tearing up the Premier League at the same age as Brewster (and internationally in Owen's case too). 

 

If he goes for 25m-30m, with a buyback, then that's good business. We need a Sarr or a Doku because without one of Mane or Salah we are fucked.

 

I think he will be a very good Striker for a club but not at this version of Liverpool. It's not that he's a bad player, it's that he's not the kind of player who can work in our system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Tried to furlough staff. Raise tickets to ridiculous prices. Trademark the word Liverpool. Have never fulfilled their promises of improving the stadium. "bUt iTs oKAy bEcAUse tHey aRE rUnninG uS lIke a SuStainaBle bUsinESs", whilst being multibillionaire hedge fund owners.

I think they're all very fair points but I wouldn't criticise them over the stadium.

 

It's not perfect yet, but I think staying at Anfield (one that still looks pretty much like Anfield) is a vastly better outcome for fans than ending up in one of those horrific Arsenal/Man City/West Ham IKEA-bowls.  No doubt it was an economic rather than an emotional decision, but it will be one of their greatest legacies when they're gone along with appointing Klopp.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, Brewster hasn't been given a real chance to prove himself in the 1st team. However if Klopp thinks he isn't going to work out I trust him. A buy back clause for not much more than the asking price would be good business sense.

 

I think we were all expecting the transfer coffers to be bursting this year because of sales that haven't materialised (yet). I still say the player I'd like is Buendia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving the squad woefully thin.  Embarrassing we can't add to a title winning squad. 

 

No depth at CB, no depth at forward.  How is that a good idea? It would be a bad idea going into a normal season let alone one even more congested due to covid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Cant blame Mourinho on Parrott, they arent just rough lads but the Kinahans and Byrnes. Think he is related to the Byrnes.

Jesus that's a bit of a pr disaster right there if he becomes the player he's supposedly destined to become.

 

I don't see how any big club would want to be associated with that, unless the kid was the next Messi. Hillarious in a way that you might have Spurs pumping a bit into local youth services trying to get kids away from drugs and gangs and this lad is related or at least friends with one of the biggest cartels in Europe. I mean looking back in the cold light of day, I defended Luis for some mad shit (I still have a soft spot for the crazy lunatic) but trying to condone Parrott's mates would be a hard sell. I suppose if he isn't directly involved it's not fair to tarnish him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mercato is holding on, except Chelsea. We are going to shop late, like every one, business is yet to be made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me selling Brewster should be judged on whether we want to sell him or whether we have to sell him. If it’s simply a good deal with a safety net of a buy back clause then that’s fine. If they’re selling off talented youngsters to scrimp up the funds to give Klopp a player he wants then that’s shit. Billionaire businessmen should be able to find ways of funding the most talented individual in his field and if we don’t bring a few players in before the end of the window then it’s a negative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×