You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

The Swiss Ramble guy is an Arsenal fan. He's mentioned it numerous times on his blog, and his features on Arsenal are a bit more in-depth than for other teams because he is more familiar with the context in which they operate. Just like Liverpool Everton fans would know a lot more about Liverpool.

30 minutes ago, Trumo said:

The Swiss Ramble guy is an Arsenal fan. He's mentioned it numerous times on his blog, and his features on Arsenal are a bit more in-depth than for other teams because he is more familiar with the context in which they operate. Just like Liverpool Everton fans would know a lot more about Liverpool.

A likely cover story as any

15 minutes ago, No2 said:

What are the rules on supporting women's team's? Alex Morgan is about to sign for spurs and she's lovely.

Had a laugh with my bird when I saw that earlier. She fancies the pants off Duncan Ferguson and I am in love with Alex Morgan. I reminded her that my crush is actually the better striker. 

15 minutes ago, No2 said:

What are the rules on supporting women's team's? Alex Morgan is about to sign for spurs and she's lovely.

I support Alex Morgan FC not Tottenham Hotspur WFC. 

If she signs before Sunday then I might pop up to Walton Hall Park to see if I can sneak a sniff of her. 

19 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

No way. You called this one fellah. 

@3 Stacks needs to up his game. 

I thought they'd be in for Onana myself. 

Up my game? You heard the man, I'm the king. I wouldn't have used that word myself, but hey, credit to me, I'm humble. 

Arnaud is a loyal, trusted advisor on matters of French Football. Part of the king's court if you will. His word is gospel. 

On 10/09/2020 at 20:49, Ne Moe Imya said:

Take a look at the numbers, Naby is already a huge contributor when he's on the pitch. His ball progression numbers are off the charts!

I think the issue for Naby is that he continues to give the ball away in really dangerous areas. Like, completely unacceptable, and Klopp hasn't been able to fix it. If he could learn to be better at gauging risk & reward and keep the risky passes when we're in the final third but cut them out in the middle third, he could be a truly gamechanging player.

Maybe the 4231 formation with him as one the the 3 would combat this as he would have 2 covering if he loses it and he would be naturally more advanced and wouldn't be losing it in important areas.

12 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Reckon they are happy to wait for us to buckle with a loan move with guaranteed fee next summer

We can't get him in the squad can we unless we shift another foreign player? I think logic would say at this point him and karius can't make the squad, so if you were interested in either you'd wait till the end of the window. That could change of course if Gini or Shaq got offers. I'm still a little surprised nobody has tried to sign Shaq and blamed his injuries on klopp's regime and think they can magic him fit. There's normally someone that daft or desperate. 

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Up my game? You heard the man, I'm the king. I wouldn't have used that word myself, but hey, credit to me, I'm humble. 

Arnaud is a loyal, trusted advisor on matters of French Football. Part of the king's court if you will. His word is gospel. 

Indeed, I work back stage, undercover. 

On 08/09/2020 at 16:42, Doctor Troy said:

Yep, we want 20m for Wilson who just scores the odd pearler and is the invisible man most games. Just get shut of him for about 14-15m 

The odd pearler, in a better team that Bournemouth I can see Wilson getting more than 10 goals from midfield regularly.

He scored one goal less than Grealish, with only half his minutes as an example.

66B2907D-F8F7-4FC5-AD6B-9CBF5E514DF6.jpeg