You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Liverpool in the transfer market 

Screenshot_20200901-122611_Twitter.jpg

How many players have we lost due to price? We told Norwich to fuck off, I can't think of many others. We met Lyons price for Fekir and they are notorious for getting every last penny, we literally over paid on Keita, Werner was a buyout we were happy to meet. Alisson, Fabinho and Ox were relatively quick and painless, Shaqiri and Minamino were both buyout clauses. 

I'm certain Thiago will be done, a bit of jostling over a couple of a mill is no harm.

16 minutes ago, No2 said:

How many players have we lost due to price? We told Norwich to fuck off, I can't think of many others. We met Lyons price for Fekir and they are notorious for getting every last penny, we literally over paid on Keita, Werner was a buyout we were happy to meet. Alisson, Fabinho and Ox were relatively quick and painless, Shaqiri and Minamino were both buyout clauses. 

I'm certain Thiago will be done, a bit of jostling over a couple of a mill is no harm.

Werner? We didn't meet the buyout otherwise he would be here. 

Lemar? Salah first time around? Texiera? Willian? We even haggled over Suarez as i recall, took bloody ages.

And before you say 'well look how they turned out' doesn't mean jack. Under Jurgen they could have been something.

Anyway nothing wrong with haggling its just that you do risk pissing people off.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Werner? We didn't meet the buyout otherwise he would be here. 

Lemar? Salah first time around? Texiera? Willian? We even haggled over Suarez as i recall, took bloody ages.

And before you say 'well look how they turned out' doesn't mean jack. Under Jurgen they could have been something.

Anyway nothing wrong with haggling its just that you do risk pissing people off.

Our transfer policy has changed a few times over the years, I'm not talking about anything pre-Klopp. How many examples has there been of deals failing because we couldn't agree a price? I'm not accepting Werner because we didn't try and sign him once Covid happened. We were 100% going to pay his release clause.

27 minutes ago, No2 said:

Our transfer policy has changed a few times over the years, I'm not talking about anything pre-Klopp. How many examples has there been of deals failing because we couldn't agree a price? I'm not accepting Werner because we didn't try and sign him once Covid happened. We were 100% going to pay his release clause.

Mate if you are talking FSG you have to take in the tenure. You can't pick and choose. They have been consistent with their low balling, sell to buy and generally find a bargain ethos throughout.

Basically they've only ever done the minimum they can get away with.

28 minutes ago, No2 said:

Ah yes, we decided against signing Werner because of the change in wind direction. Nothing to do with Finances.

Man, to think, this is the kind of window most Liverpool fans would have been more than happy with. And it would have been so achievable.

In (total 84m)

- Tsimikas - 12m

- Thiago - 27m

- Werner - 45m

Could have done it all up front, and the owners could have accepted the financial risk in that we might not recoup every penny but it'd be fine because we've turned profits for the last two years running. Then let Edwards spend the rest of the summer selling our cast offs and probably raising at least 50-90m.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Man, to think, this is the kind of window most Liverpool fans would have been more than happy with. And it would have been so achievable.

In (total 84m)

- Tsimikas - 12m

- Thiago - 27m

- Werner - 45m

Could have done it all up front, and the owners could have accepted the financial risk in that we might not recoup every penny but it'd be fine because we've turned profits for the last two years running. Then let Edwards spend the rest of the summer selling our cast offs and probably raising at least 50-90m.

And a lower net spend by the end of the window than most of the league. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

In (total 84m)

- Tsimikas - 12m

- Thiago - 27m

- Werner - 45m

Aye. But as i said pal they are protecting their profit first, even though I'm sure we could have recouped later.

Anyway, pass the sick bucket.

hogan2.jpg

19 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

In (total 84m)

- Tsimikas - 12m

- Thiago - 27m

- Werner - 45m

Absolutely would even have taken Gini signing a new contract than Thiago coming in . Either would have suited me .

50 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Mate if you are talking FSG you have to take in the tenure. You can't pick and choose. They have been consistent with their low balling, sell to buy and generally find a bargain ethos throughout.

Basically they've only ever done the minimum they can get away with.

I can pick and choose and I will. Being new to the sport they tried different approaches with Camolli and than a momeyball approach. They failed and wasted precious resources doing so but it's irrelevant to Thiago or this window in general.

Since Klopp has come in how many players have we lost out to over haggling over a couple of million? 

11 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Staggering to think this window is open til what, about 7 October! Going to be well pissed off with it all by the time it does close!

I think barring a bad injury to a key player that we will do whatever business we do (or don't do) in the next couple of weeks and then shut up shop and crack on.

17 minutes ago, an tha said:

I think barring a bad injury to a key player that we will do whatever business we do (or don't do) in the next couple of weeks and then shut up shop and crack on.

I hope so. All this fucking bickering is doing my head in. People said it would stop when we started winning things but it's getting worse if anything.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I hope so. All this fucking bickering is doing my head in. People said it would stop when we started winning things but it's getting worse if anything.

Thats because we were lead to believe by the owners over the years, we wouldn't have money problems once we reached the promised land of top 4 and beyond!

21 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats because we were lead to believe by the owners over the years, we wouldn't have money problems once we reached the promised land of top 4 and beyond!

I dont recall them saying we wouldnt have money problems when the rest of the world was experiencing them or that we'd be immune from financial realities.