You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

23 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Messi odds at staying at Barca or going to City was both 3.0 20 mins ago.

Messi staying has been cut to 2.0 and City increased to 4.0.

Betting odds just follow the money. Loads of dipshits will have stuck money on Messi to Citeh this evening.

I think PSG would more likely so he could cozy up with Neymar again.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Betting odds just follow the money. Loads of dipshits will have stuck money on Messi to Citeh this evening.

I think PSG would more likely so he could cozy up with Neymar again.

Psg does not have the Money for him. 

Barca are apparently holding an emergency board meeting. Reports some directors have resigned and others proposing a vote of no confidence in Bartomeau. If he resigns or is pushed is it likely Messi will withdraw the transfer request?

Messi is only 90% of the player he was at his peak but that's still an incredibly high level.

At least for the next season, maybe two, he'd be the best player in the league. I predict he either a)goes to PSG, scores 30 goals against in Ligue Un and then goes out in the CL semifinals, or b)rocks up at City, plays amazing but they're a bit weak at the back and they take us right to the wire in a league run for the ages.

Unless, of course, he goes to one of those clubs for a total compensation packet of around 75m/season and then gets injured within a few months. I could easily see that one happening as well.

3 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Messi is only 90% of the player he was at his peak but that's still an incredibly high level.

At least for the next season, maybe two, he'd be the best player in the league. I predict he either a)goes to PSG, scores 30 goals against in Ligue Un and then goes out in the CL semifinals, or b)rocks up at City, plays amazing but they're a bit weak at the back and they take us right to the wire in a league run for the ages.

Unless, of course, he goes to one of those clubs for a total compensation packet of around 75m/season and then gets injured within a few months. I could easily see that one happening as well.

Got PSG written all over or Barca board resigns and Messi stays on more money poor lad struggling on a million a week

52 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Would have to be very careful about that. He might have a break clause but he's still under contract, sides would surely need Barca's permission to talk terms with him.

He allegedly has a clause saying he can leave for free if he puts in a transfer request before 10th June. Obviously that has passed but he's trying to argue that with the season being extended due to covid that the clause should be extended as well. 

57 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

He remains a superb player - best in the league by default, I’m not convinced. As brilliant as he is, there is a lot to be said for having an entire team built around you as Barcelona has for a decade; would he necessarily shine as brightly when stuck into one that hasn’t been? Three or four years ago it would likely have worked, but now I’m less convinced; how often over the last couple of seasons has he been outstanding in key Champions League games? Even in scoring twice against us in the 3-0 he was a largely peripheral figure, and we know how the second leg went.

Even if did prove to be the single best player in the league, would it necessarily be the best thing for his new team? Arguably not, with Ronaldo being a case in point - player of the season in his first year, second this time around but Juventus have steadily declined over that period. If Man City take him on, the money involved means that it’s 100% instead of improving anywhere else on the pitch, and even then I’m not sure they would be able to contrive a scenario in which they could legally afford his wages this summer unless they’re planning on dumping Sterling and De Bruyne.

If anyone in England could take him, United probably could now that Sanchez is off the books, but they too would have to abandon any further improvement to the squad. 

If he turned up at City he’d be bigger than Guardiola and the club.  He practically runs the show at Barca.  City would be falling over themselves.  I don’t think it’s something to be worried about because it’s not like he’s going to be there for 5 years but for a year or so he’d be sensational.  I just don’t think he’d turn the ties in those big games anymore just like he doesn’t in the big Champions League games.

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

If he turned up at City he’d be bigger than Guardiola and the club.  He practically runs the show at Barca.  City would be falling over themselves.  I don’t think it’s something to be worried about because it’s not like he’s going to be there for 5 years but for a year or so he’d be sensational.  I just don’t think he’d turn the ties in those big games anymore just like he doesn’t in the big Champions League games.

His biggest impact would be against the quivering shits that go into games against them 4-0 down. Instead, it would be 7-0 at kick-off and keeping the score below 10 would be seen as a moral victory; unfortunately for us, said teams comprise at least 50% of the division.