You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

48 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

The Wrap was decent back in the day where they had a small core set of contributors. Since they expanded it to now doing 20 shows a week, they've had to incorporate a lot more voices and, as such, the quality has significantly waned because the original contributors rarely do a show together anymore. 

Anybody know what the story with Mike Nevin was? He seemed to be dropped quite unceremoniously from the Wrap...

Not sure. Iirc he hinted at a few things on social media and they did a podcast defending themselves. 

They also did a podcast to say they had furloughed staff themselves. 

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Funny. I think he disappeared up there a long time ago. 

What a berk he is / was. 

A lad in work used to think he was great and forward his articles on to about 20 of us. They were fucking shite and longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy yet never made any points. Absolutely fucking awful.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

A lad in work used to think he was great and forward his articles on to about 20 of us. They were fucking shite and longer than the Lord of the Rings trilogy yet never made any points. Absolutely fucking awful.

xerxes used to rave about him. "A good post in full", he'd often say.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Not sure. Iirc he hinted at a few things on social media and they did a podcast defending themselves. 

They also did a podcast to say they had furloughed staff themselves. 

I see he’s now over on the Anfield Index podcast. Seems a bit of a strange one that - they’re fucking terrible.

They used to have this Irish lad on - Dave somebody. He fancied himself as a bit of a armchair scout and had self-inflated opinions on every single player in the world. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

I was on RAWK at that time and remember his articles and they are just bollocks. Pongolle will be the next Anelka banging them into side netting’s and David Raven is Carra MK2.

There was something in his book about teaching his lad how to play chess but if his lad got a T-Rex and smashed all the bits of the board, there is nothing he could do about it...?

I fully get I’m more patient or positive than the more average poster, but there is being positive and being delusional / nonsensical. 

I think the Anfield wrap over thinks things sometimes. "Its this idea that" some mad over convoluted theory on why they think such and such will happen. Other than that I don't mind it its like any anything thats based upon peoples opinions theres some you like and some you don't. I like Lizzie Doyle too she speaks as much sense as any of them and seems like a good egg. I wish they had some more differing opinions though like somebody who just comes out and says FSG wheres the fucking money or anything else to just make a round table more interesting. Its why I like TLW its full of lunatics. 

30 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

They used to have this Irish lad on - Dave somebody. He fancied himself as a bit of a armchair scout and had self-inflated opinions on every single player in the world. 

To be fair, there used to be a few fanzine article like that back in the day. Sure somebody was touting Mido or somebody as nondescript as an absolute world beater years ago. 

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I thought he was on RAWK. Could be wrong.

At least Paul Tomkins seems to have disappeared these days. My mate used have so right pops at him on RAWK. 

I think he was there too. He left this site years ago, may around 2010 I reckon. 

3 hours ago, Crazy Dave said:

The Wrap was decent back in the day where they had a small core set of contributors. Since they expanded it to now doing 20 shows a week, they've had to incorporate a lot more voices and, as such, the quality has significantly waned because the original contributors rarely do a show together anymore. 

Anybody know what the story with Mike Nevin was? He seemed to be dropped quite unceremoniously from the Wrap...

He got involved with that betting company that sponsored them for a bit and they seemed to use him less from then on. 

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ive known Andy Heaton for years, he's a decent lad all round. Don't know any of the others. 

Yeah, I know Andy too. As I say, I've known a few of them from when SOS started, Andy, Neil and jay Mac. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Dave said:

I see he’s now over on the Anfield Index podcast. Seems a bit of a strange one that - they’re fucking terrible.

Hendrick. Sakho had nudes of him