You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The Echo are definitely an extension of the Clubs press. They don't know a thing except for what they are told to print. I think the Nike stuff confirmed this for me. Same with The Anfield Wrap.

Im not sure the anfield wrap pretend to be anything but what they are, which is a bunch of fans talking about footy. They're all just ex-forum lads not getting paid for the shite they used to post online for free, some of that shite used to be posted on here. And now they've added some youngsters too, I assume as they're not too expensive to have on the payroll. 

30 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Im not sure the anfield wrap pretend to be anything but what they are, which is a bunch of fans talking about footy. They're all just ex-forum lads not getting paid for the shite they used to post online for free, some of that shite used to be posted on here. And now they've added some youngsters too, I assume as they're not too expensive to have on the payroll. 

the Wrap is very different now to what it used to be. At the beginning when it wasn't earning coin it was quite raw and people were prepared to say how it is. Its grown into a business now and when it does that it goes mainstream. All these player exclusives they have that they sell with their subscription comes at the blessing of the Club. So their once independent voice is now diluted.

I'm with you on the female angle, great if they talk a good game and are quite insightful, but it feels like its a modern trend to diversify their team. I mean Lizzie Doyle? Give me a break. Saying that Gareth Roberts is the perfect scouse archetype from his voice and mannerisms to his scouse band t shirts.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Same.  I'm not having girls talking football.  I hear them all speak on the Wrap podcasts (the free ones) and I try to ignore every second of it. 

Nothing personal like, am sure there's lots else they can speak to that I wouldn't mind, but not footy.

I'm not sure what the deal is, I think one of them is married to Neil Atkinson, are the others also involved with each other?  It just seems a bit RAWK to me. 

The fuck is this shit? If I’ve been whooshed the rightfully mock me otherwise this is a terrible take. Same as not wanting wools on a LFC pod, that’s well Everton.

17 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

the Wrap is very different now to what it used to be. At the beginning when it wasn't earning coin it was quite raw and people were prepared to say how it is. Its grown into a business now and when it does that it goes mainstream. All these player exclusives they have that they sell with their subscription comes at the blessing of the Club. So their once independent voice is now diluted.

I'm with you on the female angle, great if they talk a good game and are quite insightful, but it feels like its a modern trend to diversify their team. I mean Lizzie Doyle? Give me a break. Saying that Gareth Roberts is the perfect scouse archetype from his voice and mannerisms to his scouse band t shirts.

For me the thing is no matter what type of fan you are (or think you are) TAW probably have someone like you on there, like them or not, there'll be Lizzie Doyle's and Gareth Roberts listening to the show. I agree they probably need to be a bit suckholey to the club to get some of the exclusives they get, but they normally only get them related to some shite that's being promoted indirectly. But I do think at times they've been willing to speak out on behalf of fans or get the right people on to do it. They certainly did around all that copyrighting nonsense the club were doing a little while back on one of their other money grabbing exercises. I don't remember their response to furlough, but I think they do speak up on fan issues and there's been fuck all to moan about on the pitch really. 

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

For me the thing is no matter what type of fan you are (or think you are) TAW probably have someone like you on there, like them or not, there'll be Lizzie Doyle's and Gareth Roberts listening to the show. I agree they probably need to be a bit suckholey to the club to get some of the exclusives they get, but they normally only get them related to some shite that's being promoted indirectly. But I do think at times they've been willing to speak out on behalf of fans or get the right people on to do it. They certainly did around all that copyrighting nonsense the club were doing a little while back on one of their other money grabbing exercises. I don't remember their response to furlough, but I think they do speak up on fan issues and there's been fuck all to moan about on the pitch really. 

Who’s the middle aged failed business man associated with them? 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

Who’s the middle aged failed business man associated with them? 

Dunno mate. They have a few fellas on there who run bars (or maybe failed bars?), but I don't really know much about any of them. I know a couple who run it and contribute from my time when SOS was starting up, but I don't know any of the others. 

• Upvote 1

Didn’t TAW get free Nike gear & free photos with the trophies? They definitely got the latter.

Sod them. It’s not that I’m jealous they got those privileges ahead of myself, it’s the fact they got about of 0000’s of supporters who’ve supported the team home, away & abroad in the days before the internet. 

Where is the loyalty to them? 

2 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Dunno mate. They have a few fellas on there who run bars (or maybe failed bars?), but I don't really know much about any of them. I know a couple who run it and contribute from my time when SOS was starting up, but I don't know any of the others. 

Rob Guttmann. He owned a few bars in town and one in Lark Lane called Negresco. Think his previous company went into administration but he still has some businesses. 

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

Imagine a TLW podcast it'd just be full of in-jokes that nobody outside of the forum would understand.

Who were the forumites who got invited to LFCTV? Woo, Steve H & a couple more.

Woo looked incredibly awkward throughout the whole thing.