Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 188 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

14 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I thought they were just relaxing FFP, are they completely dropping it? 

It's the Hazard money allegedly, its lasted longer than the Mersey Tunnel loan.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's the Hazard money allegedly, its lasted longer than the Mersey Tunnel loan.

They're using the Hazard money in a reverse way we couldn't sign anyone else for 2 summers due to having to pay for Naby. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Thought my chance to ramble on about the Treaty of Brest-Litovsk had finally come 40 years after leaving school, but decided to check in case I was making an idiot of myself , and sure enough Brest it is a city in Belarus with the same name,

You might say that there is a pair of Brests. 

I wonder if those cities have been twinned. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Lampard is under massive pressure to win the title next season with all this spending. He cant say it isnt his team either. Sacked by March, I reckon.

March? Reckon he’ll be gone by Christmas.  

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Remmie said:

You might say that there is a pair of Brests. 

I wonder if those cities have been twinned. 

No twin city ! Nobody would want to go to Brest, Belarus ! I went to Minsk once, I wasn’t there 30 mn  we were arrested and spend a few hours at the police station , just because they wanted money. Sad country !

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

No twin city ! Nobody would want to go to Brest, Belarus ! I went to Minsk once, I wasn’t there 30 mn  we were arrested and spend a few hours at the police station , just because they wanted money. Sad country !

My wife has been to Belarus many times and really likes it there, I'd like to go one day too. Probably wouldn't want to be there at the moment though. 

• Upvote 1

And that was 22 years ago I should have mentioned it. It’s still a tough place to go probably. Ukraine is way more interesting, especially Kiev, Odessa or Lviv. Crimea is beautiful , but it’s Fucking Russia now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

And that was 22 years ago I should have mentioned it. It’s still a tough place to go probably. Ukraine is way more interesting, especially Kiev, Odessa or Lviv. Crimea is beautiful , but it’s Fucking Russia now. 

My wife is Ukrainian, we met in Lviv and got together in Odessa. Was gutted Crimea got annexed before I got to see it

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

My wife is Ukrainian, we met in Lviv and got together in Odessa. Was gutted Crimea got annexed before I got to see it

I once knew a girl from Odessa who had a disturbingly hairy back.

True story...

1 minute ago, Josef Svejk said:

I once knew a girl from Odessa who had a disturbingly hairy back.

True story...

You shagged her didn't you?

1 minute ago, Elite said:

You shagged her didn't you?

I did not.

She was using me to make her boyfriend jealous. I'd nothing against the guy and no interest in her. All a bit weird.

But I did see her hairy back...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Josef Svejk said:

I once knew a girl from Odessa

We got pissed and I tried to impress her

Took her down to the jetty

She had a back like a yeti

Bloody hell she needs a good hairdresser!

True story...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

43 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Could you do a post on the transfer thread on the three Lyon players we should look to bring in please?

Here you go, lad. 

For the near future, I'd go Denayer, Aouar and Dembele but they have a lot of interesting players.

Cornet is a really strong wing back, but we don't use those and he's pretty average as a winger. Depay is the type of versatile forward we utilize, but he's coming off a bad knee injury and there's something off about him personality wise. To me, he's a big fish, small pond type of player. Bruno Guimares and Caqueret are good, young midfielders with loads of potential, they are just unproven. Guimares is a deep lying playmaker who also has bite. Likes a foul. Caqueret is just an absolute pit bull. Never stops running and is also tidy with the ball. Leo Dubois is a good right back, but we don't need a right back. Finally, Rayan Cherki is a top young player. Only 16, big potential. 

But the 3 that I would choose. Denayer has a lot of the physical qualities to defend 1 vs 1 which we do a lot of. Seems like a great character and leader. Puts his body on the line, too. He'd be an excellent 3rd or 4th CB.

Aouar next. I don't think he's the best fit for us stylistically. I've never thought that. But his talent kind of speaks for itself. In these big games in Europe Lyon have played recently and against PSG in the league, he's never scared. He receives the ball under pressure and makes things happen on the counter. He's just a really technically gifted and smart player. I think he would take time to adapt like Fabinho did, for example, but if we have the chance to sign him for say 50m, it would be tough to be disappointed. 

And Dembele last. I think he'd be a good change of pace to our regular tactics. He's pretty clinical, he's mobile, athletic, and he's got size. He's not a tank but he can hold up physically against centre backs. Not amazing technically, but decent. If we look in the direction of buying a striker who solely plays up top at some point, we could do worse than him. 

• Upvote 3

Everything I've read(which is limited) has been how much Deepay has matured over the last couple of years, especially since getting the armband. Looks to have filled out a fair bit too. 

What's he got, 12 months left on his deal. Never been to sure about him but if you could pick him up for similar money that you could get for Origi I think I'd be all over it. 

Depay makes sense financially and in terms of his position, but he's just kind of a twat. Selfish, inconsistent. Has acted and intimated that he's better than Lyon quite a few times, although to be fair, he has shown a fire  this season with his character and with his rehab too to get back on the pitch. I don't think he has the engine to do any of what Firmino, Salah or Mane do. He's a false 9 now, but does no defensive work. He's just kind of a bummer. 

21 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Here you go, lad. 

For the near future, I'd go Denayer, Aouar and Dembele but they have a lot of interesting players.

Cornet is a really strong wing back, but we don't use those and he's pretty average as a winger. Depay is the type of versatile forward we utilize, but he's coming off a bad knee injury and there's something off about him personality wise. To me, he's a big fish, small pond type of player. Bruno Guimares and Caqueret are good, young midfielders with loads of potential, they are just unproven. Guimares is a deep lying playmaker who also has bite. Likes a foul. Caqueret is just an absolute pit bull. Never stops running and is also tidy with the ball. Leo Dubois is a good right back, but we don't need a right back. Finally, Rayan Cherki is a top young player. Only 16, big potential. 

But the 3 that I would choose. Denayer has a lot of the physical qualities to defend 1 vs 1 which we do a lot of. Seems like a great character and leader. Puts his body on the line, too. He'd be an excellent 3rd or 4th CB.

Aouar next. I don't think he's the best fit for us stylistically. I've never thought that. But his talent kind of speaks for itself. In these big games in Europe Lyon have played recently and against PSG in the league, he's never scared. He receives the ball under pressure and makes things happen on the counter. He's just a really technically gifted and smart player. I think he would take time to adapt like Fabinho did, for example, but if we have the chance to sign him for say 50m, it would be tough to be disappointed. 

And Dembele last. I think he'd be a good change of pace to our regular tactics. He's pretty clinical, he's mobile, athletic, and he's got size. He's not a tank but he can hold up physically against centre backs. Not amazing technically, but decent. If we look in the direction of buying a striker who solely plays up top at some point, we could do worse than him. 

Cheers, I’m gonna watch the replay in a minute and keep an eye out for those players. Stig has been a big fan of Dembele for years IIRC. I went for a drink here about a couple of months ago and my mate brought his brother-in-law whowith him who’s Scottish and was visiting, naturally he chatted football and he said Edouard is better than Dembele ever was for them. Are you familiar with Edouard?

27 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Cheers, I’m gonna watch the replay in a minute and keep an eye out for those players. Stig has been a big fan of Dembele for years IIRC. I went for a drink here about a couple of months ago and my mate brought his brother-in-law whowith him who’s Scottish and was visiting, naturally he chatted football and he said Edouard is better than Dembele ever was for them. Are you familiar with Edouard?

Edouard didn't play much in France. He was a PSG player out on loan for one season and didn't do much. And I haven't watched Scottish football so I wouldn't know about his improvement, but I've heard that too about Edouard vs. Dembele. Dembele's problem is that he's basically that pure #9 that is a bit one-dimensional these days and that's why he's on the bench sometimes like he was against City. I think Edouard is meant to be more complete. 

To be honest, I don't think I'd buy anybody from this Lyon side, or not just yet at least, but you asked. There's talent in that squad, but not anybody that I think, yeah he's a perfect fit, or we absolutely need him, he's so good. Not even Aouar, really. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

Who do we think Barca will go for? The Chubby Hamster?

Whoever it is is going to walk into a no-win situation.

They are in pretty dire financial straits because of the contracts they've been handing out. Some really, really insane dealings there over the past few years.

They're going to have a major rebuild job on their hands. Probably have to sell 2-3 of the younger superstars just to get them enough cash to pay off the older players and buy out their contracts, and then start over. I don't expect them to be a force for 2-3 seasons at least, although if Messi stays they'll still be in the top 3 in La Liga just because of him.

If I were them I'd get someone in that is cheap and they can blame for all their problems 2 years from now when the rebuild enters the final stage and then get the manager they really want once they have a team that has a chance.