Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 185 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, J-V said:

Ben White has a couple of Years left on his contract.  If he sits tight for a year we could probably get him for £35m next year.  I expect him to be sold this Year.

2 years + 1 year optional extension according to transfermarkt. Brighton won't sell him this year unless they get an enormous sum.

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

If we signed White then that tactical tweak we’ve heard about would almost certainly be 3 at the back. As it is I think we’ll sign a cheapo Klavan type defender and won’t be going that way.

I think the tactical tweak is Mane in the middle and Origi on the left and then sometimes salah in the middle and Ox on the left. It always works.... always.

6 hours ago, Rotpeter said:

Was just looking at this quota stuff.  Of the 8 homegrown players Clyne, Lallana and Lonergan have left the club and another Christie-Davies is surely not going to play.  Trent and Kelleher are the only young'uns old enough to be registered  this year.  Guess we'll be registering a few more older U23's.

Looks like we only registered 15 non-homegrown players w/the premier league last year.  And one of them was Chirivella!

So, not sure what to make of all that.

Christie - Davies was released.

42 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think the tactical tweak is Mane in the middle and Origi on the left and then sometimes salah in the middle and Ox on the left. It always works.... always.

Have we played FIFA against each other?

42 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The 4231 that hasn't quite hit the heights yet?

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

A Tw@tter account claiming official contact has been made.  Hopefully it actually has, but talk about a dubious source.....

7 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Said before my ol fella is a Leeds fan and  he said there would be no way they could afford White this summer. He also said Brighton shouldn't sell this summer, as he's better than all their current CB's they should keep him this summer and they'd be able to double their money next summer.

He’s quality mate, he’s only going to get better as well.

36 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

He’s quality mate, he’s only going to get better as well.

That was his view. 

Reckoned Brighton could have got £30m+ this summer but they would benefit from him playing in the PL (for themselves) for a year and they could double that fee. 

Said it made no fucking sense to sell him this summer. 

I see all the bullshitters are out saying its happening again. What did these cunts do before social media

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I see all the bullshitters are out saying its happening again. What did these cunts do before social media

To clarify, what exactly is "happening"?

Are we going to lose the transfer window trophy again? Klopp out.

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

That was his view. 

Reckoned Brighton could have got £30m+ this summer but they would benefit from him playing in the PL (for themselves) for a year and they could double that fee. 

Said it made no fucking sense to sell him this summer. 

30m+ for a player who at 22 has never played in the top flight is a mental sum. He might have all the attributes, but they've never been truly tested. I think it's the type of signing you make if you plan to put him in and give him games or you have so much money, you can afford 30m for a player who might only play in the domestic cups of everyone stays fit. Honestly if klopp rated him and we've the money, I'd say do it, but it doesn't feel like we have the money and it's not like Gomez and matip are shit, they just can't stay fit. The only way I see this happening is if those matip rumours from a few.weeks ago are true and he leaves. But if he does I think we 100% need an experienced player too as going into the season with a player who's no track record of staying fit and one who has no track record is a recipe for disaster. 

• Upvote 2

If we don't sign Koulibaly, Sancho and Mbappe, with Oblak in as 2nd choice keeper we have to sack Klopp immediately. 

I'm outraged. This country. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Remmie said:

If we don't sign Koulibaly, Sancho and Mbappe, with Oblak in as 2nd choice keeper we have to sack Klopp immediately. 

I'm outraged. This country. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/anthony-gordon-everton-borussia-dortmund-15492707

7 hours ago, The Gaul said:

30m+ for a player who at 22 has never played in the top flight is a mental sum. He might have all the attributes, but they've never been truly tested. I think it's the type of signing you make if you plan to put him in and give him games or you have so much money, you can afford 30m for a player who might only play in the domestic cups of everyone stays fit. Honestly if klopp rated him and we've the money, I'd say do it, but it doesn't feel like we have the money and it's not like Gomez and matip are shit, they just can't stay fit. The only way I see this happening is if those matip rumours from a few.weeks ago are true and he leaves. But if he does I think we 100% need an experienced player too as going into the season with a player who's no track record of staying fit and one who has no track record is a recipe for disaster. 

Oh the money is mental mate, that’s why he said Leeds would never be able to afford him this summer. 

His point was Brighton shouldn’t sell him this summer as if they waited a year they’d get double next summer. 

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Oh the money is mental mate, that’s why he said Leeds would never be able to afford him this summer. 

His point was Brighton shouldn’t sell him this summer as if they waited a year they’d get double next summer. 

That's the risk you take with all sales. In hindsight Charlton never should have sold us Gomez for so cheap but on the other hand they sold a lad to Everton for about 11m and he's disappeared off the face of the earth.

This lad could be amazing ( I've never seen him play) but equally  Mane or Aguero could tear him a new one on his PL debut and everything falls to shit and he ends up like Jack Butland scraping by at the bottom of the championship.  

5 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

2 hours ago, No2 said:

That's the risk you take with all sales. In hindsight Charlton never should have sold us Gomez for so cheap but on the other hand they sold a lad to Everton for about 11m and he's disappeared off the face of the earth.

This lad could be amazing ( I've never seen him play) but equally  Mane or Aguero could tear him a new one on his PL debut and everything falls to shit and he ends up like Jack Butland scraping by at the bottom of the championship.  

that's pretty much how I was going to answer. If they could get 30m for him this year, while not exactly putting it on red on a roulette wheel, it's not far off that. A tough start to the season and he's dropped and worth about 5m (which is probably when edwards will get interested!).

I think you need to be a certain type of club to be able to go for a signing like him and you also need to be a certain type of club "selling" who is relaxed enough to sit on 30m that could go right down the toilet. My bet is if he moves this summer it will be to one of City, chelsea or Salford and if he stays Brighton will move on another centre back.

I genuinely think we would be more interested at 60m but he had a great season behind him in the PL. I think you can see with the minamino and kostas (sorry I can't spell his 2nd name!) signings exactly where we are with players we sign who are not going to drop right into the team. We're willing to hit around £10m and that's about it - in fact I've just looked at all signings since klopp took over, they have all hit around that number, except those who were supposed to drop into the 1st team. The most expensive being Shaq at under £14m

Edit : and the only ones that haven't been regulars above that price are probably keita and chamberlain. there's no doubt keita was bought to play most weeks and klopp talked recently about how chamberlain was coutinho's replacement, so clearly he was supposed to be a regular and indeed was once coutinho left and before his injury. 

TRANSFERS

Players bought by Jürgen Klopp

Player Club Fee Date
Marko Grujic Red Star Belgrade £5,100,000 6 January 2016
Steven Caulker Queens Park Rangers On Loan 12 January 2016
Kamil Grabara Ruch Chorzow £250,000 15 January 2016
Sadio Mané Southampton £30,000,000 28 June 2016
Loris Karius Mainz 05 £4,700,000 1 July 2016
Joël Matip Free Transfer Free 1 July 2016
Ragnar Klavan Augsburg £4,200,000 20 July 2016
Alex Manninger Free Transfer Free 22 July 2016
Georginio Wijnaldum Newcastle United £25,000,000 * 22 July 2016
Mohamed Salah Roma £43,900,000 * 22 June 2017
Dominic Solanke Chelsea £4,000,000 * 1 July 2017
Andy Robertson Hull City £10,000,000 * 21 July 2017
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Arsenal £35,000,000 31 August 2017
Virgil Van Dijk Southampton £75,000,000 1 January 2018
Naby Keita Red Bull Leipzig £52,750,000 1 July 2018
Fabinho Tavarez AS Monaco £43,700,000 * 1 July 2018
Xherdan Shaqiri Stoke City £13,750,000 13 July 2018
Alisson Becker Roma £65,000,000 * 19 July 2018
Sepp van den Berg PEC Zwolle £4,400,000 * 27 June 2019
Harvey Elliott Fulham £0 * 28 July 2019
Adrián San Miguel Free Transfer Free 5 August 2019
Andy Lonergan Free Transfer Free 12 August 2019
Takumi Minamino Red Bull Salzburg £7,250,000 1 January 2020

56 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

that's pretty much how I was going to answer. If they could get 30m for him this year, while not exactly putting it on red on a roulette wheel, it's not far off that. A tough start to the season and he's dropped and worth about 5m (which is probably when edwards will get interested!).

I don’t disagree, I’ve watched him maybe half a dozen times at most, my ol fella has watched him loads and reckons he’s better than any CB Brighton had playing for them last season. 

His point was that it’s not a gamble even if the price doesn’t double (he’s convinced it will) because they’d have a significantly better CB for a year. 

3 hours ago, No2 said: