Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 176 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can't be bothered watching the video. What's the verdict?

He’s got very similar mannerisms to Henry.  His running and dribbling style is almost identical.  It looks like he’s playing against absolute shite though.  Nearly every single clip is him running at players.  It’s great to see but it doesn’t always translate well to the type of opposition and games we find ourselves in.

1 hour ago, setreal said:

"Liverpool circling Talles, ready to swoop"

We don’t circle, we aggressively monitor.

19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I am doubtful of this, Mr BBC, sir.

I quite like him as a player, but £35m seems a bit on the crazy side, no? Even in this market. 

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

This is the Brazilian Lewandowski. For me, Talles is a unique player. He’s a Brazilian player who is hungry for the ball. He’s embarrassed if he loses the ball. He’s 6ft 1in but in terms of football talent he’s 6ft 7in.

Tim Vickery over here. 

1 minute ago, Mcfaggen said:

I quite like him as a player, but £35m seems a bit on the crazy side, no? Even in this market. 

Not sure where he’d play.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So according to the echo we also earned 71million by just getting to the athletico game. Another chunk of cash i didn't really factor into our winnings.

Yes. That was £29m less than last season and winning it. Clearly if the club had gone further, they would have earnt more.

4 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

That story originates in the unmentionable rag, I believe...

Only saw that on Twitter. Feel free to delete it, Mods.

29 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes. That was £29m less than last season and winning it. Clearly if the club had gone further, they would have earnt more.

The day dockers discovered maths.

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Only saw that on Twitter. Feel free to delete it, Mods.

Star has it today. But Football 365 have the original story from the Scum yesterday...

18 hours ago, The Gaul said:

You try and portray yourself as an older poster, but I'm convinced you're about 12. Grow up. 

When I was driving round through the week Talksport this week were convinced Chelsea want dunk. 

Yes, it appears he spent the early part of today revenge negging me on unrelated posts from over a week ago. Very mature. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Yes, it appears he spent the early part of today revenge negging me on unrelated posts from over a week ago. Very mature. 

Revenge negging is dockers territory. 

Few rumours that we've enquired about Evan N'Dicka, a left footed centre back from Eintracht Frankfurt. Was linked to us earlier on in the year. 

Cameroon international with a price tag of £22m. 

Only seen him once against Monchengladbach, he seemed ok but a bit rash and ended up getting booked. 

18 hours ago, The Gaul said:

You try and portray yourself as an older poster, but I'm convinced you're about 12. Grow up.

Grow up? You should listen to your own advice? Ive posted reasoned comment on both my opinion and in response to the frankly childish responses by the usual suspects here.

There's a group who will not counternance any opposing view that goes against their narrative. Your comment is a clear example. You dont agree with what Ive posted, fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion. So am I. But then the usual posters turn to childish comments like 'grow up' or introduce some other diversionally comment probably meant to be insulting, when their position is challenged with facts, not impressions.

Have to pop off and check the old bank account now to see if john henry's shill money has been deposited. Toodle pip.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Few rumours that we've enquired about Evan N'Dicka, a left footed centre back from Eintracht Frankfurt. Was linked to us earlier on in the year. 

Cameroon international with a price tag of £22m. 

Only seen him once against Monchengladbach, he seemed ok but a bit rash and ended up getting booked. 

The African Dejan?

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So according to the echo we also earned 71million by just getting to the athletico game. Another chunk of cash i didn't really factor into our winnings.

You only get the money after the CL has ended. So the final being pushed back 3 months has an impact on it.

Similarly, season tickets haven't been announced / paid for yet.

I'd then imagine there are a number of corporate, sponsorship & hospitality deals that are also in the air at the moment.

Personally, I'd quite thankful you're not our accountant. It's also Atletico.

• Upvote 2