You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

27 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Moo

What we need is a backup LB and a 4th choice CB. You don't think we will get those?

What would be nice is to find another forward option who is markedly better than Origi.

I'm not convinced will get those no, we'll see. 

But I think the forward areas are as pressing as CB.  In the event of an injury to a crucial player, would you rather Fabinho fill in at CB or Origi/Minamino at CF/LF?

51 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I’d have thought so. Do we accept that as an improvement? In theory I’d say so  because I think he makes a difference in a way that Gini doesn’t but as a midfielder in our league he’s an unknown quantity, 29 and with a few questions about his injury history. Will he crumble under a Klopp regime? Gini is proven in our team and he’s consistent and he’s a fit fucker. 

It's probably the best we could do.  For me, the only player who edges Gini, is a peak Baby Keith.

Fingers crossed its all BS.

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Echo reporting that Grujic and Wilson won't be allowed out on loan again, so will either be sold or in the first team next season.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-wilson-grujic-transfer-news-18737584

Pretty sure they said that last year about Wilson. 

3 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

I’d have thought so. Do we accept that as an improvement? In theory I’d say so  because I think he makes a difference in a way that Gini doesn’t but as a midfielder in our league he’s an unknown quantity, 29 and with a few questions about his injury history. Will he crumble under a Klopp regime? Gini is proven in our team and he’s consistent and he’s a fit fucker. 

Just bring him in and keep Gini.... we have one year to assess and decide.

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Looks like we've prepared to sell Wilson for 20m with three clubs, Leeds, Newscatle and Southampton wanting to sign him permanently and not on loan. Shame if we do as I was hoping the lad would be part of the squad next season.

He’s no good. Deadly on the ball, but struggles to find it.

6 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Thiago is a much better player than Gini. Not that I'd want to lose Gini, but if that's the only way we get Thiago, I'd be all for it.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Chelsea got spangled but apparently Hudson-Odoi was their best player. Gonna watch the game and revert.

Difficult to judge. Bayern were dominant. His ‘goal’ was class but didn’t really do that much, but he didn’t look out of his depth either. Thiago was great. He played so deep. I reckon if we get him he’d play the DM role for before Hendo... Lewandowski though... such a brilliant footballer.

12 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Difficult to judge. Bayern were dominant. His ‘goal’ was class but didn’t really do that much, but he didn’t look out of his depth either. Thiago was great. He played so deep. I reckon if we get him he’d play the DM role for before Hendo... Lewandowski though... such a brilliant footballer.

We'll do this if we sign him:

Salah

Mane                              Firmino                               Henderson

Thiago                          Fabinho

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

We'll do this if we sign him:

Salah

Mane                              Firmino                               Henderson

Thiago                          Fabinho

That’s how we often ended up with last season. 

6 hours ago, sir roger said:

Leeds had a £22m bid turned down for White

I'm on record here as a huge fan of White, and I'm still hoping we end up with him.

Talk to any Leeds fan and they can't say enough about him, and his numbers are *chef kiss.* Not that you should judge a centre back by the numbers that are available to the public, as there is definitely a big effect from the kind of team they were in and the other players around them, but still, it's good to know.

Perfect age (22) to develop into a long-term Joe Gomez partner once Virgil leaves, a great passer and a monster in the air. Plus he's a great front-foot defender. Have to wait and see but I could see this one happening for £30m or so at some point.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I'm on record here as a huge fan of White, and I'm still hoping we end up with him.

Talk to any Leeds fan and they can't say enough about him, and his numbers are *chef kiss.* Not that you should judge a centre back by the numbers that are available to the public, as there is definitely a big effect from the kind of team they were in and the other players around them, but still, it's good to know.

Perfect age (22) to develop into a long-term Joe Gomez partner once Virgil leaves, a great passer and a monster in the air. Plus he's a great front-foot defender. Have to wait and see but I could see this one happening for £30m or so at some point.

I'm fully on board with White. Elite talent, no question about it. The fawning by Leeds supporters says it all and I think he has the perfect mix of potential and talent to be a long term foundational piece and also give both Gomez and Matip a needed kick up the ass, but what I don't get is why Brighton would even consider selling him. He's already got a hype train going after playing in the Championship, if he plays well in the Premier League, all of a sudden Brighton could be asking for Virgil money. I just don't see how this is happening this summer. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'm fully on board with White. Elite talent, no question about it. The fawning by Leeds supporters says it all and I think he has the perfect mix of potential and talent to be a long term foundational piece and also give both Gomez and Matip a needed kick up the ass, but what I don't get is why Brighton would even consider selling him. He's already got a hype train going after playing in the Championship, if he plays well in the Premier League, all of a sudden Brighton could be asking for Virgil money. I just don't see how this is happening this summer. 

He's got 2-3 years left on his contract and has refused to sign a new one twice with Brighton.

6 hours ago, aRdja said:

I was going to say before I seen you reply to yourself Chelsea didn’t really have a best player.  Bayern basically ran over them.  It was one of those weird games where all the players knew the tie was over after that first goal went in.  Both teams then start doing strange things which they wouldn’t normally do in such a big game.  Chelsea were playing even more openly just to try and score so the game was all over the place.  It’s the first time I’ve ever played proper attention to Thiago and he looked class.

34 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Liverpool’s interest in Kostas Tsimikas is concrete. The English Champions offered €12M (£10,85M) for him but the bid was rejected, Olympiacos want €18M (£16,27M). [@Sport24

So, €12m plus Karius.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Do people still think we will sign Thiago. Maybe after the Champions league.

TBF, he's perfectly entitled to keep mum for now. They're a great chance of winning it. 

Compare that to Werner sat in the stands watching Chelsea lose while his former team is actually in ok shape for the remainder of the CL.