Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 167 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Someone mentioned it above. If you buy Thiago, you then have more versatility with the squad and you have the extra midfield depth so that you can use Fabinho at CB and Oxlade-Chamberlain in the forward line if you need. 

Ox only works in the front 3 with a proper number 9 IMO, as he’s more of a midfielder, so he doesn’t really make the runs Salah and Mane make. However, swap Firmino with say Jimenez or Dzeko then it’d work much better. There’s Callum Wilson that fits that profile, who is a better striker than Origi and a more natural striker than Bobby, that we could look to bring in.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Genuinely shameful that we’re rummaging about in a jumble sale again after all that Klopp has achieved, heaven knows why he puts up with it but thank fuck that he does, if he jibbed it we’d be utterly fucked

p027b3vm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Probably considering Sarr in case someone is daft enough to stump up £30m for Origi. Anything over a pittance will be dependant on player sales I reckon.

 

Lovren-Lewis

Origi-Sarr

If he goes Gini-Thiago

With Wilson, Shaq, Grujic and any other fringe players funding the excess on those transfers/Yacht extension.

 

Squad needs fresh blood, wouldn’t be such a bad window if we just do a bit of spring cleaning and take a couple of speculative punts. Not great but not disastrous.

Villa are allegedly interested in Origi but they value him around half that. Wilson is a target for Newcastle but again they are only willing to pay about £15m. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Genuinely shameful that we’re rummaging about in a jumble sale again after all that Klopp has achieved, heaven knows why he puts up with it but thank fuck that he does, if he jibbed it we’d be utterly fucked

You'll be getting told you're a hysterical fanny next and told to fuck off and support Man City or Chelsea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Howdy said:

Genuinely shameful that we’re rummaging about in a jumble sale again after all that Klopp has achieved, heaven knows why he puts up with it but thank fuck that he does, if he jibbed it we’d be utterly fucked

 

12 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

You'll be getting told you're a hysterical fanny next and told to fuck off and support Man City or Chelsea.

That is a hysterical fanny comment and it's basically a copy paste of what's written in this thread every day. Yeah, we don't spend loads, but Klopp has a world class starting 11. He's not exactly managing Everton level players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

 

That is a hysterical fanny comment and it's basically a copy paste of what's written in this thread every day. Yeah, we don't spend loads, but Klopp has a world class starting 11. He's not exactly managing Everton level players. 

I really don't get it. The confidence and self belief that Klopp has is clearly spreading through the entire club and you'd think that a man who has achieved what he has on the resources he has would get some recognition. Although I'm sure people realise just how good he is, I'm not convinced that people actually realise that constantly moaning about what other teams are doing in the transfer market says so much more about the mess that other clubs are in than it does about this club's ambition. 

 

I've now had three posters say they're pissed off with my support behind FSG and what they have achieved after appointing Klopp that I'm beginning to wonder what it is they actually want. 

 

This thread genuinely has become really fucking hard to masturbate to and I hope it gets locked down. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest this thread is dedicated as much to moaning than transfer/ target / monitoring ect. It’s part of the fun, especially when Liverpool is not playing, isn’t it ? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

To be honest this thread is dedicated as much to moaning than transfer/ target / monitoring ect. It’s part of the fun, especially when Liverpool is not playing, isn’t it ? 

It's possible I have been looking at it all wrong and there is indeed a house of fun to be found in this thread. 

 

@Tony Moanero King of Moaners - please enlighten me with your words and pictures of wisdom? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Ox only works in the front 3 with a proper number 9 IMO, as he’s more of a midfielder, so he doesn’t really make the runs Salah and Mane make. However, swap Firmino with say Jimenez or Dzeko then it’d work much better. There’s Callum Wilson that fits that profile, who is a better striker than Origi and a more natural striker than Bobby, that we could look to bring in.

 

Is this a bit that you're doing?

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It's possible I have been looking at it all wrong and there is indeed a house of fun to be found in this thread. 

 

@Tony Moanero King of Moaners - please enlighten me with your words and pictures of wisdom? 

I can’t believe it’s been 20 years since them Millwall slags turned down our £2m offer for Cherno Samba, it still freaks my nut out to this day.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

 

That is a hysterical fanny comment and it's basically a copy paste of what's written in this thread every day. Yeah, we don't spend loads, but Klopp has a world class starting 11. He's not exactly managing Everton level players. 

Thanks, Comrade Mikahail Suslov, these heretics need to be kept in the party line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine moaning everyday about the club when we are league, European and world champions. And then ..... trying to pass yourself off as a Liverpool fan. How out of touch can people be? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

White looks like someone who'd be a perfect partner for VVD and bringing the ball out would give us an extra option in attack. 

 

Latest I heard was that Brighton were really not looking to sell him so he'd cost top dollar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the point some overlook is that Jurgen has an ability to turn 'ordinary' players into better ones. He's done that at Mainz, Dortmund and now Liverpool and although I cannot speak for Mainz or Dortmund, of the players he signs, his 'fails' are remarkably few and far between. Only Karius didnt kick on and improve so far.

 

Im certain Jurgen has no qualms about paying top dollar for a top player if and when he thinks there is a need. He also strikes me as a manager who prefers to shape raw talent and hunger in preference to stroking the 'super star' ego of some of the bigger name players out there.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to see all clubs with billionaire owners financially cheating banned. I hate modern football with all it’s stupid Nivea and Duncin Donuts type of sponsorship deals. I despise fucking Sky and their influence on the game. Tickets should be far cheaper, the clubs are ripping the fans off big time. That said going the game these days is not the same because of fhose fucking day trippers with their Liverworld bags.

 

Also I demand we slap the money on the table and spend 300 million in the summer cause Jurgen deserves to be backed, and not least I expect us to be the bestest team in the world and dominate for decades.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Kenny was signed as a direct replacement for Keegan.

I don't know what age you are but I'm guessing you were around at the time. That list of transfers above, how many were bought to go straight into the first team? Based on price it looks like only 5 or 6 over a 10 year period and the success rate was 90% plus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, No2 said:

I don't know what age you are but I'm guessing you were around at the time. That list of transfers above, how many were bought to go straight into the first team? Based on price it looks like only 5 or 6 over a 10 year period and the success rate was 90% plus.

Different times back then when rivals didn't have a magic money tree and access to the best players in the world .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×