Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 162 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Anubis said:

We’ve slapped a £30m price tag on Origi, having allegedly refused a £17m bid from Villa.

 

Considering we got more than that for Solanke, who only had about 1 senior goal at the time, Barca Slayer Origi is certainly worth more than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

While we are at it, PL clubs have apparently voted to go back to 3 subs next season.

 

Good.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anubis said:

We’ve slapped a £30m price tag on Origi, having allegedly refused a £17m bid from Villa.

Really do not see anyone coming for him at that price. The majority of clubs in the league will really need to tighten their belts and he is not going to another top 6 side.

That said, for that reason, we can probably get loan deals done for Brewster and Wilson to another PL team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Really do not see anyone coming for him at that price. The majority of clubs in the league will really need to tighten their belts and he is not going to another top 6 side.

That said, for that reason, we can probably get loan deals done for Brewster and Wilson to another PL team.

He is worth more than 17m even in the current situation 22.5m with good add ons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

He is worth more than 17m even in the current situation 22.5m with good add ons.

I agree - they wanted I think 30 mil for Wilson.

 

I dont think we would go below 25m for Origi and tbh it would be difficult to find someone better for less 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I agree - they wanted I think 30 mil for Wilson.

 

I dont think we would go below 25m for Origi and tbh it would be difficult to find someone better for less 

20m for Grujic and 15m for Wilson would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liverpool have submitted a bid of £10 million for Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis, reports James Pearce.

The ---- can reveal that the Premier League champions have also offered to give Norwich a substantial sell-on clause for the Northern Ireland international.

Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of Lewis and is keen to make the 22-year-old his first signing of the summer transfer window. He would arrive as cover for established left-back Andy Robertson. Liverpool are awaiting a response from Norwich, who had been seeking around £20 million for the talented young full-back.

Lewis, who is under contract at Carrow Road until 2023, has also attracted interest from Crystal Palace but Liverpool are the first club to table an offer.

The ----- understands that the player has his heart set on a move to Anfield and is happy to accept that he would be back-up to Robertson initially. He wants to continue his development under the guidance of Klopp and is hoping that a compromise fee can be agreed between the clubs.

If Liverpool’s bid of £10 million is rejected it remains to be seen whether sporting director Michael Edwards will make an improved offer.

The club are understood to have a number of other left-back options under consideration if they can’t land Lewis at an acceptable price. One potential alternative is Olympiakos’ Greece international Kostas Tsimikas.

Signing a left-back is a priority for Klopp. Robertson has only missed four league games in total over the past two seasons and, with no natural deputy in the squad, giving him a breather when he’s been carrying knocks has proved difficult.

James Milner has filled in admirably but, for all his defensive solidity, the 34-year-old midfielder can’t offer the same kind of attacking thrust.

The ----- revealed on Wednesday that Liverpool valued Lewis at around £10 million and were prepared to pay £8 million up front, with a further £2 million to potentially follow in add-ons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Liverpool have submitted a bid of £10 million for Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis, reports James Pearce.

The ---- can reveal that the Premier League champions have also offered to give Norwich a substantial sell-on clause for the Northern Ireland international.

Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of Lewis and is keen to make the 22-year-old his first signing of the summer transfer window. He would arrive as cover for established left-back Andy Robertson. Liverpool are awaiting a response from Norwich, who had been seeking around £20 million for the talented young full-back.

Lewis, who is under contract at Carrow Road until 2023, has also attracted interest from Crystal Palace but Liverpool are the first club to table an offer.

The ----- understands that the player has his heart set on a move to Anfield and is happy to accept that he would be back-up to Robertson initially. He wants to continue his development under the guidance of Klopp and is hoping that a compromise fee can be agreed between the clubs.

If Liverpool’s bid of £10 million is rejected it remains to be seen whether sporting director Michael Edwards will make an improved offer.

The club are understood to have a number of other left-back options under consideration if they can’t land Lewis at an acceptable price. One potential alternative is Olympiakos’ Greece international Kostas Tsimikas.

Signing a left-back is a priority for Klopp. Robertson has only missed four league games in total over the past two seasons and, with no natural deputy in the squad, giving him a breather when he’s been carrying knocks has proved difficult.

James Milner has filled in admirably but, for all his defensive solidity, the 34-year-old midfielder can’t offer the same kind of attacking thrust.

The ----- revealed on Wednesday that Liverpool valued Lewis at around £10 million and were prepared to pay £8 million up front, with a further £2 million to potentially follow in add-ons.

is ---- The Shit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully villa lose the plot and up theur bid for Origi.  You'd back klopp to find a more suitable player with the money. 

 

Utter disgrace that he's having to wheel and deal. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Liverpool have submitted a bid of £10 million for Norwich City left-back Jamal Lewis, reports James Pearce.

The ---- can reveal that the Premier League champions have also offered to give Norwich a substantial sell-on clause for the Northern Ireland international.

Jurgen Klopp is a big admirer of Lewis and is keen to make the 22-year-old his first signing of the summer transfer window. He would arrive as cover for established left-back Andy Robertson. Liverpool are awaiting a response from Norwich, who had been seeking around £20 million for the talented young full-back.

Lewis, who is under contract at Carrow Road until 2023, has also attracted interest from Crystal Palace but Liverpool are the first club to table an offer.

The ----- understands that the player has his heart set on a move to Anfield and is happy to accept that he would be back-up to Robertson initially. He wants to continue his development under the guidance of Klopp and is hoping that a compromise fee can be agreed between the clubs.

If Liverpool’s bid of £10 million is rejected it remains to be seen whether sporting director Michael Edwards will make an improved offer.

The club are understood to have a number of other left-back options under consideration if they can’t land Lewis at an acceptable price. One potential alternative is Olympiakos’ Greece international Kostas Tsimikas.

Signing a left-back is a priority for Klopp. Robertson has only missed four league games in total over the past two seasons and, with no natural deputy in the squad, giving him a breather when he’s been carrying knocks has proved difficult.

James Milner has filled in admirably but, for all his defensive solidity, the 34-year-old midfielder can’t offer the same kind of attacking thrust.

The ----- revealed on Wednesday that Liverpool valued Lewis at around £10 million and were prepared to pay £8 million up front, with a further £2 million to potentially follow in add-ons.

The Greek lad is a replica shirt FSG wet dream. A new age Mikhitaryan if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

is ---- The Shit?

Haha well apparently Norwich have just rejected so maybe so.

 

Nah, just blanked out the Athletic because I wasn't sure if it's okay for me to post things behind a paywall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly if certain other clubs are going to splurge the cash this summer it's a p***take. Wasn't the main reason for City's acquittal that it was too long ago? No reason to stop another investigation next year if they don't keep to it.

 

So long as the owners are not taking money out of the club I won't complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Frankly if certain other clubs are going to splurge the cash this summer it's a p***take. Wasn't the main reason for City's acquittal that it was too long ago? No reason to stop another investigation next year if they don't keep to it.

 

So long as the owners are not taking money out of the club I won't complain.

Its in limbo. But no one knows where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt we just faxed an offer to Norwich cold. I’m sure we’ll have been talking to them and have tried to test the water. 
 

I’d be amazed if we don’t find a compromise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Frankly if certain other clubs are going to splurge the cash this summer it's a p***take. Wasn't the main reason for City's acquittal that it was too long ago? No reason to stop another investigation next year if they don't keep to it.

 

So long as the owners are not taking money out of the club I won't complain.

 

Yea City spending £60m after selling Sane means they're definitely going to need investigated again. 

 

Jesus christ.   Fsg really have conditioned people into thinking top premier league clubs need to sell to buy or their owners must be pumping money in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I doubt we just faxed an offer to Norwich cold. I’m sure we’ll have been talking to them and have tried to test the water. 
 

I’d be amazed if we don’t find a compromise. 

Exactly. It's an opening bid. People were lauding Edwards negotiating skills in the past and driving a hard bargain. Now there's all this talk of ridiculous bids, we're skint, blah, blah, fucking blah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Grinch said:

 

Yea City spending £60m after selling Sane means they're definitely going to need investigated again. 

 

Jesus christ.   Fsg really have conditioned people into thinking top premier league clubs need to sell to buy or their owners must be pumping money in. 

You do realise there's this thing called Covid 19? Sort of damaged peoples finances? And neither of us have any idea how much City will be spending this summer - I'm just saying it's possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

You do realise there's this thing called Covid 19? Sort of damaged peoples finances? And neither of us have any idea how much City will be spending this summer - I'm just saying it's possible.

 

DON’T TALK SENSE, I’M IRRATIONALLY ANGRY AND NEED TO MAKE THE SAME POINT AGAIN BECAUSE ITS SO INSIGHTFUL THE FORUM NEEDS TO SEE IT FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • Liverpool got their European campaign off to a winning start with a professional 1-0 victory over Ajax at the Johan Cruyff arena on Wednesday evening.

      It has been a very difficult last few days for anyone closely associated with the club in the aftermath of losing defensive lynchpin Virgil Van Dijk for the season due to a incredibly reckless challenge by Jordan Pickford in the Merseyside Derby.

      The anger of Jurgen Klopp and Gini Wijnaldum was still clearly evident in the lead-up to this fixture, but as soon as they took to the pitch, the number one focus was claiming the three points.

      The winning goal came with a stroke of good fortune with Sadio Mane’s cross deflected by Argentine defender Nicolas Tagliafico into his own net ten minutes from the half time break.

      Speaking after the match per the Official site, the manager was honest in his assessment of the footballing quality on display, but thrilled with the end result.

      “This situation is pretty much the picture of the game, so it was not the most easy-on-the-eye performance from both teams, I would say. Both teams can play better football. 

      “But especially in this competition when you play away, a lot of difficulties, pretty much the medical department made the line-up and then you have to win the game – and that's what the boys did. I think that was deserved, even when we had to clear one ball from the line and when they hit the post. 

      “Of course they had their moments but apart from that, we were pretty dominant on a difficult pitch for both teams. I think everybody knows that Ajax is usually a brilliant football team but tonight it was really tricky, the passing was difficult, so you could see that. But we won the game and I'm completely fine."

      As well as the loss of Van Dijk, the Reds were dealt a further blow with Joel Matip ruled out meaning that the manager had to turn to Fabinho who once again filled in ably in the heart of the defence.

      The manager was delighted with performance of the versatile Brazilian who produced a brilliant goal line clearance to deny former Southampton star Dusan Tadic.  

      “Look, in our situation it helps. Of course, was there pressure on the situation? Yes, it’s clear for the two in the back there, 100 per cent. First game together. Fabinho can play the position, he likes playing it actually.

      “If I would have asked him to play right-back I don’t think he would enjoy it as much as he’s enjoying the centre-half position. In our situation in the moment we have to keep those boys fit and then they can of course help us a lot. I’m not surprised he [Fabinho] plays well in the position otherwise we would have thought about a different solution, even when that would have been properly tricky. 

      “I’m really pleased for tonight, pleased for him, yes it gave him confidence, for sure helped us. These situations [goalline clearances], Millie had last season one against Bournemouth, which was a massive one. That tonight was a massive one. And so he had not only because of this a big hand in this victory tonight.”

      Klopp had no reservations in taking off the front three just before the hour mark and felt that their replacements in Diogo Jota, Takumi Minamino and Xherdan Shaqiri all had a impact.

      “All three who came on are, first, in a really good shape, fresh in a tricky, difficult game on a difficult pitch. 

      “That helps a lot and you saw they helped a lot. Shaq won deflections, which is pretty special.Taki in both directions, incredible between the lines. And Diogo is a machine so he can punish opponents in one-on-one situations. We had these moments, we didn’t finish them off, unfortunately.”

      “But it’s completely fine, it was important for them. Now we started the group, now we have to concentrate on the league again and then Midtjylland is waiting after that.”


       
      View full article
    • They've not had a win since the league began and we normally oblige poor fucking teams by giving them a helping hand. They've only scored 2 and conceded 7 and have only 1 point! Let's just hope we just run it by the numbers and have a routine win to nil 
    • Yeah even seeing him rush out as that cross came in at the end was enough to feed my bog for two lifetimes 
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

  • Football Betting Site Betway
  • top casino sites
  • new UK casino
×