Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 160 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

6 hours ago, The Gaul said:

Yeah, that's before everyone realised he's shit. 

Accustomed to English football suggests he's already a success. As far as I'm concerned he's offered absolutely fuck all at the top level to suggest he's good enough to play in the premier league. Odoi might one day turn out to be a good footballer, but this summer he'd probably cost us almost as much as Werner would have. It would be a signing of Bournemouth proportions of stupidness from us. And there's not a chance it'll happen. 

Of course with him we’d buy for his potential, he’s not the finished article as he’s only 19. If you’ve seen him play you could see that he’s got  all the tools to make it, he just needs to put it all together. He’s shown and done more than Salah and Mane at the same age. As far as LW prospects go, he’s the best I’ve seen in the league.  

For £20m, I’d probably try and tempt Arsenal to let go of Ainsley Maitland-Niles instead. I really like him. A natural centre mid but a very capable full back, either side. He’d get loads of games for us.

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Or you could argue he is young and english and the prem champs want him, which means he has value.

As he plays for Norn Ireland this argument wouldn't be a very good one

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, mattyq said:

The fact Norwich hardly spent last summer, are a financially stable club, have 3 years of guaranteed parachute payments, players contracts automatically reduced in the event of relegation and they’re in no position to sell their best players for shit fees. 

Why the fuck would they sell a LB with a years experience of playing in the prem for less than the LB that turned us down when he moved from the championship last year? 

46 minutes ago, mattyq said:

He'd be the first Northern Irish international to play for the Liverpool first team in 65 years apparently. 

28 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Why the fuck would they sell a LB with a years experience of playing in the prem for less than the LB that turned us down when he moved from the championship last year? 

Cuz they have just bought a new one and have Byram playing there as well?

2 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

He'd be the first Northern Irish international to play for the Liverpool first team in 65 years apparently. 

Anything is possible at the moment but the main thing is he would be very unlikely not to be covered if there were quotas for foreign players introduced.

44 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

The fact Norwich hardly spent last summer, are a financially stable club, have 3 years of guaranteed parachute payments, players contracts automatically reduced in the event of relegation and they’re in no position to sell their best players for shit fees. 

Dunno. Maybe he'll do a Coutinho and force their hand?

16 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Cuz they have just bought a new one and have Byram playing there as well?

If a club as fucked up as Bristol City can get £13m for a LB who hadn’t even been that great in the championship then there’s no way Norwich are selling for less. 

11 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

If a club as fucked up as Bristol City can get £13m for a LB who hadn’t even been that great in the championship then there’s no way Norwich are selling for less. 

He is a wantaway. I think you are right about our original mingebag offer ( if it really was 8m).

I think they end up somewhere in the middle 12 or 13m and probably some add-ons

Lewis has looked pretty handy whenever I've seen him play and always thought he'd be a good backup option to Robertson. I'd be quite chuffed if we get him. 

A lad like this and Thiago would be a good window.

There is no real interest from anyone on Origi and not heard any noises about him wanting out so I don't see how we ditch him. Also I think Klopp would give Minamino a real shot before giving up on him - and someone high up must think alot of Brewster the way they have built him up.

20 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is a wantaway. I think you are right about our original mingebag offer ( if it really was 8m).

I think they end up somewhere in the middle 12 or 13m and probably some add-ons

plus they want Larouci so hopefully 13mil plus him, be happy with something like that...

It'd be nothing but failure if we don't address the front three yet again.   Another season looking at the bench knowing there's no point bringing on Origi, another season praying none of the front three get injured and having to bring them off the bench on the rare occasion one is rested cause we're shit with Origi stinking the gaff out 

9 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

A lad like this and Thiago would be a good window.

There is no real interest from anyone on Origi and not heard any noises about him wanting out so I don't see how we ditch him. Also I think Klopp would give Minamino a real shot before giving up on him - and someone high up must think alot of Brewster the way they have built him up.

Still think we need a winger if shaq goes, but not a clue who.

Origi would be better if he went for his own sake I think, but he just seems to not give a shit or is just happy to be here..

3 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Origi would be better if he went for his own sake I think, but he just seems to not give a shit or is just happy to be here..

Not sure we will be able to sell either of them in this market.

I think the story about Larouci is not true - they just paid 5 mil for a young left back.

15 mil will do the deal I'd say.

4 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Josh King would be fantastic IMO. Would cover so many positions and proven in the league.

82EBDFBC-4492-4C19-AE23-542A10C20F0C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Josh King would be fantastic IMO. Would cover so many positions and proven in the league.

82EBDFBC-4492-4C19-AE23-542A10C20F0C.jpeg

Proven to be utter shite. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure we will be able to sell either of them in this market.

I think the story about Larouci is not true - they just paid 5 mil for a young left back.

15 mil will do the deal I'd say.

didn't know that, is it the lad from Coventry? don't mind them staying myself not a huge Origi fan but he has moments