You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Don't often watch the local news but on BBC Wales Today the football news was inevitably focused on Cardiff/Swansea in the Championship playoffs. Most of the piece on Swansea was devoted to whether they could get Brewster back on loan next season with the head coach saying 'we'd love to have him etc.'

9 minutes ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

Don't often watch the local news but on BBC Wales Today the football news was inevitably focused on Cardiff/Swansea in the Championship playoffs. Most of the piece on Swansea was devoted to whether they could get Brewster back on loan next season with the head coach saying 'we'd love to have him etc.'

Zero point loaning him back to the championship.   Tells us very little about him at all. 

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Zero point loaning him back to the championship.   Tells us very little about him at all. 

This 100% it's been mentioned before but Leeds would be a good move for him to see him , get games at a good level and hopefully take points from our near rivals 

11 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

After what happened with van Dijk (allegdely the club approached him without permission and they were severly reprimanded) I would be very surprised if Liverpool were in talks with Werner and Liverpool certainly would not be leaking stories to the press to suggest they were.

You really think we wouldn't approach a player? Come on, stop it. It's how football is done, every single club does it. It was only an issue for Southampton when we tried to fuck them on price when vvd told is he wouldn't go anywhere else so we tried to low ball them - and it stopped being an issue when we stumped up what they wanted. Werner had a release clause, at the very least his agent will have been allowed to speak to whoever was willing to pay that clause anyway. It's fucking nonsense to suggest we wouldn't talk to players before putting in a bid. And all of the propaganda media said we were all over it until our owners used the furlough issue to cry poverty. It was widely reported klopp spoke to Werner as recently as Easter. Of course we spoke and wanted Werner. Our owners just preferred to sit on money and know this league success buys them years of doing so. 

9 hours ago, Horus said:

United in for Jimenez

Please let this happen.

Just when you look at them lining up Sancho to go with Rashford and Greenwood and think "hang on, that could be pretty special in a few years" it's good to see them go off and pay hugely over the odds for an attacker who'll only decline for the next 5 years.

If we can't catch up with them financially (and before the pandemic there was talk that our revenue might overtake theirs next season), then it's always good to see them throw money away.

5 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Please let this happen.

Just when you look at them lining up Sancho to go with Rashford and Greenwood and think "hang on, that could be pretty special in a few years" it's good to see them go off and pay hugely over the odds for an attacker who'll only decline for the next 5 years.

If we can't catch up with them financially (and before the pandemic there was talk that our revenue might overtake theirs next season), then it's always good to see them throw money away.

I thought that , but talk is of a £27m fee which seems very reasonable and we could basically swap him for Divock fee-wise and get a massive upgrade immediately.

5 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Please let this happen.

I take it you were delighted they bought van Persie too?  Not every signing needs a resale value, if you can sign someone who boosts your chance for success right now, then do it.  Bloody shame we've become so used to this nonsense.

Yea before the transfer window opened there was talk of that, amongst a lot of other shite like Mbappe, fast forward to the transfer window and it's "if we sell nine players we can afford Thiago, whilst they're bidding for Sancho.

54 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I take it you were delighted they bought van Persie too?  Not every signing needs a resale value, if you can sign someone who boosts your chance for success right now, then do it.  Bloody shame we've become so used to this nonsense.

Yea before the transfer window opened there was talk of that, amongst a lot of other shite like Mbappe, fast forward to the transfer window and it's "if we sell nine players we can afford Thiago, whilst they're bidding for Sancho.

Now I know I have been blabbering about Havertz and based on what happened with Werner I know in my heart of hearts that pie in the sky also but I can hold my hand up and say I have never passed comment with Mbappe in the title. I may be slightly delusional that our owners may try and push the squad on from a position of strength and create another era of dominance but who in their right minds thinks Mbappe would come to us never mind us affording him. 

Moores as an owner  gets quite a bit of negativity on this forum but for those a bit younger we need to remember we bought Barnes (best player in league 1), Beardsley (2nd best player in league 1), Houghton (to an already packed talented midfield) and Aldo midway through season before cause we knew Rush was leaving. I think you could say we kicked on from a position of strength. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I thought that , but talk is of a £27m fee which seems very reasonable and we could basically swap him for Divock fee-wise and get a massive upgrade immediately.

Is the 27m not for the new guy from Braga? Jimenez will be 3 times that, Wolves don't need to sell him.

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

van Persie was a world class player who was added to an already title winning side. Jimenez is merely a good striker who has become relevant in the past couple years as he approaches 30 and would be joining a young team that still has to grow before becoming title contenders. Two different contexts. 

This would be an extraordinarily poor use of money from Man United but unfortunately their most reliable journalist has said they aren't in for him. 

40 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Jimenez would be brilliant for us. A proper no 9, and would provide real competition for Bobby.

Would be a horrific signing. Paying 80m or whatever crazy fee they want for a 29 year old who isn't even that good relatively speaking would be lunacy. 

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Must admit it seemed low to me , but was about Jimenez, was on the Athletic this morning.

Quick Google has it at 72m, wants more realistic for a player signed for 34m and then banged in a shit load of goals.

53 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Would be a horrific signing. Paying 80m or whatever crazy fee they want for a 29 year old who isn't even that good relatively speaking would be lunacy. 

bUt HeS a pRoPeR nUmbEr 9

• Upvote 1