Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 13 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/nogomet/transferi/hrvatska-dobiva-novog-najskupljeg-nogometasa-svih-vremena-najpozeljniji-klub-svijeta-zeli-dalicevog-kapitalca-i-spreman-je-platiti-rekordnu-odstetu/9966994/

We're interested in Brozovic for 60m Euros (his release clause) according to a Croatian source. Love these kinds of rumours.

He's absolute quality but he's 27 so it doesn't seem like something we would do.

Croatian millionaire? Ergo...

Silvija-Lihtar-2-839x1024.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7997385/amp/Liverpool-latest-club-keen-sign-100m-rated-Borussia-Dortmund-forward-Jadon-Sancho.html

Liverpool have informed Borussia Dortmund of their desire to sign Jadon Sancho this summer, with the German club expected to demand at least £100million for the 19-year-old England forward (Dominic King)

Yessir. 

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7997385/amp/Liverpool-latest-club-keen-sign-100m-rated-Borussia-Dortmund-forward-Jadon-Sancho.html

Liverpool have informed Borussia Dortmund of their desire to sign Jadon Sancho this summer, with the German club expected to demand at least £100million for the 19-year-old England forward (Dominic King)

Yessir. 

I wouldn’t grumble. 

With the position of strength we are in I hope we act like the smug knobs asking ridiculously high prices for any of our stars and showing an interest in anyone over 100 mil just to bump the price up. I like that keep us informed line really non committal but with a bit of agitation. In the middle of all the shenanigans announce we did a deal for Werner in April for his release clause that noone else knew about. 

For those of you too young to remember there was a summer we bought Barnes Beardsley and I think Houghton I have to say it was the best transfer window ever.  Bit like if we were to add Werner Sancho and Havertz this year that's how we all felt couldn't wait for season to start.

4 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

With the position of strength we are in I hope we act like the smug knobs asking ridiculously high prices for any of our stars and showing an interest in anyone over 100 mil just to bump the price up. I like that keep us informed line really non committal but with a bit of agitation. In the middle of all the shenanigans announce we did a deal for Werner in April for his release clause that noone else knew about. 

For those of you too young to remember there was a summer we bought Barnes Beardsley and I think Houghton I have to say it was the best transfer window ever.  Bit like if we were to add Werner Sancho and Havertz this year that's how we all felt couldn't wait for season to start.

Wouldn't that cost about seven gazillion pounds?

Have any of the other usual suspects ran that Sancho article yet?

King was the second name on it and I’d never heard of the other one.

9 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Wouldn't that cost about seven gazillion pounds?

Aye would never happen just wanted to point out there was a year we went for it big time and got it spot on . Aldo also came the Jan before. 

10 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Not inconceivable that we'd get £60m to £70m for selling Wilson, Shaq and Grujic with no huge loss to our personnel. 

And if Werner is a definite big Div could leave with all our blessings for 40 to 50 ?  Or 60 to 70 for palace or Bournemouth  . In saying that if he left I would like him to go to half decent side soft spot for big lad.

1 hour ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Have any of the other usual suspects ran that Sancho article yet?

King was the second name on it and I’d never heard of the other one.

All the usual names have said we are interested in Sancho, but doubt we will pay the fee required. Pearce just said Werner is likelier because he has a release clause that is lower. That still just seems like it's guesswork from Pearce but obviously there is logic behind what he's saying. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

All the usual names have said we are interested in Sancho, but doubt we will pay the fee required. Pearce just said Werner is likelier because he has a release clause that is lower. That still just seems like it's guesswork from Pearce but obviously there is logic behind what he's saying. 

I bet King’s name has just been attached to that article because he’s the LFC rep at the Mail. The other fella is some freelance, London-clubs based journalist. It’ll be speculative bollocks which is no different to everything said so far...there’s no way we’re getting involved in an auction for Sancho.

3 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Aye would never happen just wanted to point out there was a year we went for it big time and got it spot on . Aldo also came the Jan before. 

Mo Salah - August

Van Dijk - January

Fabinho - May

Alisson - June

Pretty good 10 months there

4 hours ago, clockspeed said:

For those of you too young to remember there was a summer we bought Barnes Beardsley and I think Houghton I have to say it was the best transfer window ever. 

At the risk of sounding pedantic, there wasn't a window back then and I believe Houghton came after the season started. And we were spending the Rush money (plus some).

If we don't sign Timo, Havertz and Sancho the second the transfer window opens then clearly nobody at the club gives a fuck anymore and think oooh we've won the league we don't need anything else ever again.... let's sit on our laurels and not sign Mbappe on the last day of the window either! #FSG out!

6 hours ago, clockspeed said:

And if Werner is a definite big Div could leave with all our blessings for 40 to 50 ?  Or 60 to 70 for palace or Bournemouth  . In saying that if he left I would like him to go to half decent side soft spot for big lad.

I doubt we'd get over £30m for Divock, maybe £25m. Just because we all love him for his iconic goals doesn't mean the rest of football will overrate him.

Still, between Lovren, Shaqiri, Wilson, Grujic, and Origi (if we're talking about Werner and Sancho, then I'd think Origi is out the door for sure) we should be able to get in £80m or so, which would make the double swoop theoretically possible.

Hugely unlikely, though. Much more likely we'll get Werner, a backup left back and maybe a midfielder. I'd be pretty happy with that, especially if the midfielder was Aouar.

3 hours ago, Barnesey said:

At the risk of sounding pedantic, there wasn't a window back then and I believe Houghton came after the season started. And we were spending the Rush money (plus some).

Your correct Houghton was October .  

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I doubt we'd get over £30m for Divock, maybe £25m. Just because we all love him for his iconic goals doesn't mean the rest of football will overrate him.

Still, between Lovren, Shaqiri, Wilson, Grujic, and Origi (if we're talking about Werner and Sancho, then I'd think Origi is out the door for sure) we should be able to get in £80m or so, which would make the double swoop theoretically possible.

Hugely unlikely, though. Much more likely we'll get Werner, a backup left back and maybe a midfielder. I'd be pretty happy with that, especially if the midfielder was Aouar.

I have a tough time imagining us being interested in Aouar. We've got Chamberlain and Keita as backups to Wijnaldum and Henderson for the #8. Not to mention Curtis Jones who is beating down the door to play. Plus, he'd need a lot of adaptation. If it took Fabinho 6 months to adapt to us, it would take Aouar a year and he's at an age where he needs and would expect to play regular football.

The midfielder I would sign is Camavinga. He has been astoundingly consistent, if not brilliant for a 17 year old and I think he has a clear position for us, which would be the #6. He is an incredible ball-winner already despite being years away from him physical peak and he is really composed on the ball. We could sign him for about 30m and stick him behind Fabinho to learn and play some matches here and there. He would need to adapt obviously, but he is already good enough for that and because of his very young age, he'd be given loads of time and leeway.

• Upvote 1