You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Chelsea appears to be after "names". No planning gone into it at all, bid for Declan Rice, get rejected so bid for a keeper instead, get rejected bid for Mbappe instead. Frank will be on the dole by Christmas. 

2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

We need someone who can cover both center back and left back to a really high standard, be prepared to sit on the bench quite a bit, and not cost very much. Frankly, it's ridiculous our scouting team haven't found someone like that yet.

I think I've found the man. Make it happen.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

As I've said Dave its just a theory and its based on how the company I work for in the U.S is dealing with things, as Covid has hit the US worse than Europe economically. 

Yeah, it's a theory but it's a stupid theory so don't worry your little head about it

Aren't there evil vaxxers or mercury based 5g cancer vectors that you can worry about instead?

1 hour ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

I think I've found the man. Make it happen.

Champ Man 97/98. That cunt wouldn't budge from Milan no matter what cheat you used. I used to go Milan just to have him in my side. The brilliant, best defender ever bastard. 

1 hour ago, Horus said:

Sky saying united are the only team to have contacted dortmund about Sancho.

As if they’d know.

We’re not spending big money on anyone. We should just take Coutinho on loan for the £9mill.  As things stand it makes all kind of sense.

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

Oblak, Havertz, Werner and a top CB would be a great window for them. I think Lampard has done ok so far but as long as he’s in charge i think we’ll be comfortably ahead of them, just a hunch.

I wonder how much additional Russian money has been piled into Chelsea just recently.  I think it's bigger than Abramovich and is a front for something a bit more insidious. 

Just a hunch. 

1 minute ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I wonder how much additional Russian money has been piled into Chelsea just recently.  I think it's bigger than Abramovich and is a front for something a bit more insidious. 

Just a hunch. 

Count Dracula?

51 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Just a hunch. 

It's very suspicious, isnt it? Old Roman decided he couldnt or didnt want to go toe to toe with mansour. Sure, they got the hazard and morata money but they still have big bills to pay. So far they've splashed nearly 90m on werner and the lad from Ajax. Havertz rumoured at 90m plus 50m for that keeper henderson. That's quarter of a billion right there.

Marc Roca. Espanyol. 

They were relegated this season. And the club said they won't stand in his way if he wants to move, nor will they insist on his release clause being paid. Apparently available for €18m.

He's 23. Not capped at full level but has featured for Spain's under-21s. He's like a more mobile Alonso. Seems to be able to play in an energetic, pressing midfield and has a good left foot and a great passing range, including the ability to ping balls out to either full-back, which could be useful in our system. 

He'd make a good squad option, IMO, if someone like Grujic or Wilson was sold. Or Milner goes to Leeds. But, there's Curtis Jones development to consider too. 

10 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Marc Roca. Espanyol. 

They were relegated this season. And the club said they won't stand in his way if he wants to move, nor will they insist on his release clause being paid. Apparently available for €18m.

He's 23. Not capped at full level but has featured for Spain's under-21s. He's like a more mobile Alonso. Seems to be able to play in an energetic, pressing midfield and has a good left foot and a great passing range, including the ability to ping balls out to either full-back, which could be useful in our system. 

He'd make a good squad option, IMO, if someone like Grujic or Wilson was sold. Or Milner goes to Leeds. But, there's Curtis Jones development to consider too. 

Nice. I like these random scouting reports. 18m is a good price for any decent player these days. 

A random one from me, Jeremie Boga is really good. Plays in an attractive and attacking Sassuolo team and has really leveled up his end product. 11 goals this season from the wing and he's a versatile forward who interchanges and has played some false 9 too. Also a great dribbler and has experience in English football, being at Chelsea and Birmingham for a while. 

He'd be great if he wasn't another African who could miss time in the middle of a season. 

I’m told we’re close to agreeing terms with a Leicester player.

Fee agreed, but personal terms proving difficult. Wages fine but the player has made a request for a very particular landscaped item at the back of his new home.

Club officials will meet later today to discuss Maddison’s Square Garden. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Fee agreed, but personal terms proving difficult. Wages fine but the player has made a request for a very particular landscaped item at the back of his new home.

Isn't he gonna cost us same as Havertz?

19 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

How many Barnes does he want on it ?

11 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Marc Roca. Espanyol. 

Gotta say I like him (based on a youtube vid!). He'd fit our profile much more than Thiago if Gini leaves. Not that I'd be disappointed with him.

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Hello hello....

There are certain companies I would like to work for but at end of the day it’s who wants/needs me and who pays me the most. If the above is the case you could substitute Liverpool with City/Chelsea/Spurs/Leicester/Arse have a bigger chance to win title than Utd. Feels like me to an end game of 100m stg transfer and 250k stg per week negotiations . Utd will pay it. Also compare with Klopps doubters to believers speech Sancho should be saying to Utd buy me, pay the wages and we will be title challengers .