You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 minutes ago, torahboy said:

He didn't disclose the amount he staked. Only a cunt would enquire.

We're all cunts here, didn't you get the memo?

Why would a bookies refuse a bet on 'insider information' unless that bookies is going to get rinsed?

29 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

But Coronavirus left us all broke didn’t it? The footballing landscape as “changed forever”, no?

Sancho and a CB at least to United.

Werner, Havertz, Ziyech and more to Chelsea

200-300m worth of superstars to City

150m worth of shite to the Ev no doubt

Meanwhile Liverpool fans are wondering if Rhian Brewster can help us retain the title. There’s something not right watching all of our rivals hoover up the best talent in the world after we kept our powder dry for two years, won back to back trophies and whilst we have the best manager in the world. 

Save the excuses because I’ve heard them all. Before we weren’t good enough to attract these players because we had no CL. Now we’re apparently too good to ever buy a first team player. One minute we’re boasting about equaling the Mancs in annual revenue. The next we’re claiming we’re fucking broke whilst they go lob 100m at Sancho. Give me a break. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

But Coronavirus left us all broke didn’t it? The footballing landscape as “changed forever”, no?

Sancho and a CB at least to United.

Werner, Havertz, Ziyech and more to Chelsea

200-300m worth of superstars to City

150m worth of shite to the Ev no doubt

Meanwhile Liverpool fans are wondering if Rhian Brewster can help us retain the title. There’s something not right watching all of our rivals hoover up the best talent in the world after we kept our powder dry for two years, won back to back trophies and whilst we have the best manager in the world. 

Save the excuses because I’ve heard them all. Before we weren’t good enough to attract these players because we had no CL. Now we’re apparently too good to ever buy a first team player. One minute we’re boasting about equaling the Mancs in annual revenue. The next we’re claiming we’re fucking broke whilst they go lob 100m at Sancho. Give me a break. 

Heres a good one, Paul Gorst just asked me where i plucked the 175m title prize winning figure from. Obviously he doesn't read the Echo.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

We're all cunts here, didn't you get the memo?

Why would a bookies refuse a bet on 'insider information' unless that bookies is going to get rinsed?

I can only guess.

Missed the memo, but, as I asked him to substantiate his story, I can't claim to be without sin.

bet_LI (2).jpg

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Heres a good one, Paul Gorst just asked me where i plucked the 175m title prize winning figure from. Obviously he doesn't read the Echo.

To be fair to Paul, that money got hovered up because we had to buy new bibs and training cones. Who do you think pays for that lad? We’re an incredibly well run business with bills to pay unlike every other club in the world!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, FrenchEyeGlass said:

To be fair to Paul, that money got hovered up because we had to buy new bibs and training cones. Who do you think pays for that lad? We’re an incredibly well run business with bills to pay unlike every other club in the world!!

Ha ha! of course silly me! BTW you are being requested in the other thread to name the players we could possibly buy to replace Origi.

So toodle pip!

• Downvote 1

Dejan needs to be replaced for squad depth.

Really rate Joe Gomez and I think he has a great future. However, I do think he has a good bit to learn. I think Matip and Virgil is currently our best combination. Problem is Joel is made of glass and if we lost Virgil for a period of time next season, we could be left with Joe and a very inexperienced defender. I think he is getting a free pass in the past number of weeks because the league was won, but his defending has been poor over the past number of games. Certainly if Dejan made some of those mistakes, he would be getting pelters.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Really rate Joe Gomez and I think he has a great future. However, I do think he has a good bit to learn. I think Matip and Virgil is currently our best combination. Problem is Joel is made of glass and if we lost Virgil for a period of time next season, we could be left with Joe and a very inexperienced defender. I think he is getting a free pass in the past number of weeks because the league was won, but his defending has been poor over the past number of games. Certainly if Dejan made some of those mistakes, he would be getting pelters.

I agree, Matip is our second best CB.

But his injury record is a massive concern. 

He’s been missing half seasons since he got his debut in Germany. 

D642FF18-5AB6-44B3-AF08-B0509CCC49B9.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Statistically, Gomez is van dijks best partner by long way. We concede less goals, lose less and win more with Gomez in the team. That's what the numbers say. I think matip did brilliantly when in the side but you can't argue with the stats. Well, not in this case anyway. And Virgil has said he prefers to play with young Joe

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/31/virgil-van-dijk-names-preferred-centre-back-partner-liverpool-12487796/

I think it's more a case of people homing in on Joe's 'errors' and overlooking Virgil's. I much prefer Joe and Virgil at the centre of our defence. Joel continues to look like Bambi on ice although he was superb during the 2nd half of last season and partnered Virgil on merit.

• Downvote 1