Quantcast
Summer 2020 Transfer Thread - Page 115 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Bad news Pearce saying that if Wijnaldum doesnt sign his contract soon the club will then have to decide whether to sell him or let him leave for nothing next year like Emre Can.

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

He looks like a tank. Big lad for his age too. I'd take him but he looks more of a blocker than a ballplayer (which is what I thought we wanted against the park the bus teams). 

Yes I'm gonna mention him again - Ben White.

10 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Bad news Pearce saying that if Wijnaldum doesnt sign his contract soon the club will then have to decide whether to sell him or let him leave for nothing next year like Emre Can.

I guess that is kind of obvious though to be fair, unless we had been expecting him to sign? But the fact we're here would suggest we've never been too close for a deal as the news from the propaganda machine (Pearce included) have never suggested we've put together the type of deal Gini wanted. Us selling him would make the thiago thing make the most fsg sense it's seemed so far. 

50 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Feels like a bit of a “it’s now or never Gini” story that. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Thank god we have Pearce around to report on what is blindingly fucking obvious, jesus christ.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps Wijnaldum hasn’t been getting assurances about his place in the first team next season, in which case I wouldn’t blame him for considering his options. If Thiago represents an upgrade then yeah, fine, although regardless of talent, I’m a bit wary of assuming a player of his age coming to England for the first time would be anything like a guaranteed success,

I’d rather us hang on to Gini than Naby if one of them had to make way for a big name midfield signing. That’s unless Gini has other ideas. He’s been one of our most consistent and reliable for the past few years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kemskem said:

I’d rather us hang on to Gini than Naby if one of them had to make way for a big name midfield signing. That’s unless Gini has other ideas. He’s been one of our most consistent and reliable for the past few years.

Maybe that's the issue, he knows he's one of our most consistent players, versatile, works hard, decent injury record, but his wages don’t reflect that. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Thank god we have Pearce around to report on what is blindingly fucking obvious, jesus christ.

I think he’s hinting that an agreement is not close.

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

Maybe that's the issue, he knows he's one of our most consistent players, versatile, works hard, decent injury record, but his wages don’t reflect that. 

Maybe it’s more to do with the number of years than the money.... even though at the end it’s actually the same issue.

12 hours ago, RoyHodgeGone said:

He looks like a tank. Big lad for his age too. I'd take him but he looks more of a blocker than a ballplayer (which is what I thought we wanted against the park the bus teams). 

Yes I'm gonna mention him again - Ben White.

Yeah because no one else has mentioned him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah because no one else has mentioned him.

Don’t be so snarky please.

• Downvote 1

On 20/07/2020 at 13:28, Bjornebye said:

I think he would. A mid-table side where he plays week in week out he is getting goals. 

Salah got 19 goals and Mane got 18 goals this season.

This parallel universe where Origi would get 20 goals, simply does not exist.

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I like Gini but if he aint signing a new contract, we cant afford to let another leave on a free.

I suspect with Gini it's about the length of contract as much as money.

He could go to Holland, Spain or Italy and play for another 6 years.

I just read Vertonghen has left Tottenham as a free agent. Are his legs gone? If not, he would seem a good option for defensive cover at centre and left back.

4 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

I just read Vertonghen has left Tottenham as a free agent. Are his legs gone? If not, he would seem a good option for defensive cover at centre and left back.

Think he's looking for regular game time?

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Think he's looking for regular game time?

He can have occasional game time at the League Champions

• Upvote 1

Gini Wijnaldum is one of my favourite players and in my opinion underrated. I hope he stays but it is a tricky one, we will have to start to recycle this squad at some stage as they're all in their prime and a similar age.

We wouldn't want to have to replace Salah, mane, Gini, Bobby, hendo all at the same time