You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

56 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He is a great player - easily the best in that side. So he would look good in any position for them, much the way people used to say Gerrard would be the best we had anywhere on the field for a period of time.

That doesn't mean he could play there at one of the top sides in the world. Nor should he.

If anything he would be a realistic option playing on the right upfront as he has done that quite a bit.

In Keita's role he would be immense for us.

He played brilliantly as a no 9, probably the most difficult position to play on the pitch... I don’t think he’ll be moved back to midfield. He scored some great headers for Leverkusen.

16 hours ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Want more yes, think it'll cause a shit storm if we don't? Fuck off

That's what I replied to

Wanting us to do it all again and acting like a baby if we don't are two different things. 

Only a fucking dickhead could get lost in the context of such a short post. 

The only person acting like a baby is you. Now fuck off and suck on your ma's tit. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Havertz is out of our league. Unless we sell one of our best players.

Lovren, Grujic,Wilson,Big Div,Shaq could that get us the transfer fee and free up enough wages ? Would be close on both counts . Promote Jones , Brewster, Elliot  other right back and add Havertz I would suggest apart from big dip in experience we wouldn't be much worse off. 

10 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Lovren, Grujic,Wilson,Big Div,Shaq could that get us the transfer fee and free up enough wages ? Would be close on both counts . Promote Jones , Brewster, Elliot  other right back and add Havertz I would suggest apart from big dip in experience we wouldn't be much worse off. 

By the time we polished all that business off he'd already be a regular at chelsea.

36 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Aye easier to write than complete those deals. Chelsea with Hazard and Morata money plus sugar daddy s savings in the bank already. 

If they end up with Pulisic, Werner and Havertz in that exchange you have to admit that is very good business.

If they hadn't flushed 130 million down the toilet on Jorginho and Kepa they might look like they know what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

If they end up with Pulisic, Werner and Havertz in that exchange you have to admit that is very good business.

If they hadn't flushed 130 million down the toilet on Jorginho and Kepa they might look like they know what they are doing.

I remember De Gea having a mare in his first season but you kinda knew he was going to come good but in Kepa's case I calling him a dud now . That's my only hope re: Havertz surely they have to invest in another keeper first (plus will be left with Kepa on books due to wages) and that will use up another 50 to 80 million of their budget. Wouldn't put it past Utd recalling Henderson and offloading Romero to Chelsea.

Caught a few bits of the second half of the French Cup final. Saint Etienne brought a midfielder on at half time called Yvan Neyou. It was his top flight debut, even though he's 23. But he looked decent. A bit like Wijnaldum. Strong, good at keeping the ball, able to get out of tight spaces with a bit of skill or a burst of speed. Cameroonian. On loan from SC Braga. 

Could be one to keep an eye on. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Enough cash there for Thiago easily

Lovren: £11M

Grujic: £14m

Wilson: £15m

Shaqiri: £18m

Ojo: £1.5m

Karius: £3m

Awoniyi: £2m

Larouci: £3m

Kane: £750k

We also sold Ings and Solanke for £37m and we only brought Taki in since if I recall correctly.

8 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Enough cash there for Thiago easily

Lovren: £11M

Grujic: £14m

Wilson: £15m

Shaqiri: £18m

Ojo: £1.5m

Karius: £3m

Awoniyi: £2m

Larouci: £3m

Kane: £750k

Should be enough to swing Ben White as well.

I mean, I would have preferred Werner, but if we end the window with White, Thiago (who I still think isn't happening) and a backup left back, I'll be reasonably confident we can win a trophy or two next season.

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Not for us he didn’t. Ings left because he couldn’t make it here, why would he come back?

To prove himself? His form has been fantastic this season. He’d be better competition for Bobby than Origi IMO.

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

To prove himself? His form has been fantastic this season. He’d be better competition for Bobby than Origi IMO.

If he wanted to prove himself he would have stayed. He wanted playing time. Silly suggestion IMO. Roughly zero chance of that happening. He’d cost more than we sold him for, and he’s still not good enough to hold a starting spot.