You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

10 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I know we demand value, but the only way I see us demanding 15m for lovren is if we're expected to pay out the last year of his contract. Surely this is just a position and we'll see him go for around 10m. 

£10mill for him is us mugging them off.

Ox has the makings of The perfect Klopp midfielder but it’s just not happening. I imagine we give him another year before flogging him to West Ham where he’ll fleetingly show his talent before injuring himself in to early retirement. Massive shame but it’s pretty much how his career at Arsenal was panning out.

If we sell Lovren, will Fabinho just become the 4th choice centreback option next season?

Essentially we could replace Lovren with Thiago in that case. I feel like Henderson could be 5th choice centre back as well? 

We must be saving a shit load in wages by replacing Clyne and Lallana with Williams and Jones, and if we can offload the likes of Karius,Grujic,Wilson, Lovren and possibly Milner we must have the scope to bring in 1 or 2 players?

We could try and shift the following:

Grujic - The best chance in my opinion of getting a decent fee, Hertha love him and they have come into money. £20m?

Shaqiri - Club to club always a decent fee apart from his clause to come to us. Obvious attitude or work rate issues but should get our money back and some. £20m?ish

He who can’t be named - Hopefully we can sting someone for £8-10m. All hail Volovredemort.

Wilson - Not starting at Bournemouth, set pieces aside he offers little. £10m?

The market prices will reflect the current circumstances. Ridiculous or unlucky we are in this position as reigning English, European and World Champions? 

We must strengthen.

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Yeah I think Origi has had his time probably. 

Saw an article the other day saying he was happy with his role as a super sub player. He isnt on massive wages either so shows a lack of desire/ambition on his part. Could understand him not wanting to leave if he had to take a massive pay cut. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Saw an article the other day saying he was happy with his role as a super sub player. He isnt on massive wages either so shows a lack of desire/ambition on his part. Could understand him not wanting to leave if he had to take a massive pay cut. 

He could do a good job for a lesser team.