You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There's a young Dutch defender at Lille that is a better fit for the Premier League than Schurrs, I think. Sven Botman. 6 foot 4 tank, pretty talented, and left footed, which is a commodity. It'd make sense if we were paying attention to him for the summer. He looks like a future top defender and he's already pretty good.

Schurrs was pretty good against us. I don't think he's meant to be a top, top talent, though.

He absolutely is meant to be a top talent. No idea who Botman is, but fuck the French league with a shitty stick. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Numero said:

He absolutely is meant to be a top talent. No idea who Botman is, but fuck the French league with a shitty stick. 

I think he's meant to be a good young player. He's no generational, De Ligt type defender, though. I don't dislike him, I just think it's one of those where we saw him play and he was decent, so now everyone thinks he's this great defender. His reputation's not that great from what I've seen.

Botman was bought from the Ajax u21's. It just so happens he went to France. He's a Rolls Royce looking Dutch defender, though, whether you like Ligue 1, or not. I mention him because I've seen him play more than a couple times.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

His reputation's not that great from what I've seen.

Well, I’ve no idea what you’ve seen but he is very highly rated. No point in really debating it though, not like there’s anything objective to point to. 

Anyway, doubt we will get him. 

6 minutes ago, Numero said:

Well, I’ve no idea what you’ve seen but he is very highly rated. No point in really debating it though, not like there’s anything objective to point to. 

Anyway, doubt we will get him. 

Well, I think the rumour was that we'd pay 30m Euros for Schuurs. Take that with a grain of salt, but if that's what his valuation seems to be, he's probably not a "top" talent with a price like that these days, especially for a defender that has played in the Champions League and has been seen by everybody because of that. Again, that's just speculation, and it doesn't mean much, but it's something. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Doctor Troy said:

Few Twatter rumours that we want Saliba on loan from Arsenal and want to buy Balogun from them to replace Origi. 

Arsenal fans arent too happy. Even though Saliba has barely played for them.

Would love that. He was really good before Arsenal ruined him. He's someone we could rehabilitate.

1 hour ago, Numero said:

Way too inexperienced, but I guess he could do a turn. Would be disappointed. 

I've never seen him play, but he's got about 40 games across all competitions in his career, none in England. Seems pointless to me, especially as a loan, unless he's really, really good but if he was that good you'd think he'd have made the Arsenal squad list. Unless it's him and another CB, which would be fine. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

I've never seen him play, but he's got about 40 games across all competitions in his career, none in England. Seems pointless to me, especially as a loan, unless he's really, really good but if he was that good you'd think he'd have made the Arsenal squad list. Unless it's him and another CB, which would be fine. 

Yep, that’s my thoughts too. Like I say, Klopp and Edwards know what’s up. If they get him, they have seen something. He wouldn’t be my choice, but I guess we are scratching around for loans whilst we wait for the player we actually want. 

A few years back we were linked with a young Congolese lad playing for Paris FC in the French second division. Silas Wamangituka. He moved to Stuttgart. He's been there a couple of seasons, looks like he can play across the front three positions. Haven't seen much of him, but he's getting good numbers in his first Bundesliga season and could be one to keep an eye on. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A few years back we were linked with a young Congolese lad playing for Paris FC in the French second division. Silas Wamangituka. He moved to Stuttgart. He's been there a couple of seasons, looks like he can play across the front three positions. Haven't seen much of him, but he's getting good numbers in his first Bundesliga season and could be one to keep an eye on. 

His name could cover the shirts across the front three positions.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, aRdja said:

Please elaborate. He’s yet to make an appearance for them. 

Arteta parked him in the u23's. I'm not an Arsenal insider but it's apparently to do with the fact he was an Emery signing and he doesn't like him. That's just speculation, though. They're a shit show, so anything's possible, including apparently paying 30m for an 18 year old and then having him rot in the reserves, for whatever reason. Also, I think I saw that both his parents died recently and he's got some mental issues that have plagued him. 

But he was excellent at St-Etienne, he has all the talent in the world and he's just 19. If you're comparing with Fofana, also from St-Etienne, Saliba was as impressive, if not more. 

11 hours ago, Numero said:

Botman only turns up when a light appears in the sky with a Bot on it.