You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

There probably isn't a keeper less suited to our style of football than Ben Foster. Butland as well, with the added bonus that his career is a million miles down the shitter. We've made our own bed with Adrian, we now have to suck it up. I don't believe we're getting another keeper. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it's easy to forget Adrian played about 10 league games last season and I am pretty sure we won them all. He is shite, but we learnt to play without exposing him. That result at villa was a team failing, not just him 

That's fair. He can do most things to a decent standard but his footwork is appalling and we shouldn't be passing the ball to him if he is under any kind of pressure nor if he has to bring it under control.  We'd be better launching it or just kicking it out for a throw-in. My biggest worry is that he seems to be gone mentally and is over-compensating by trying too hard and blundering. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, aws said:

That's fair. He can do most things to a decent standard but his footwork is appalling and we shouldn't be passing the ball to him if he is under any kind of pressure nor if he has to bring it under control.  We'd be better launching it or just kicking it out for a throw-in. My biggest worry is that he seems to be gone mentally and is over-compensating by trying too hard and blundering. 

We did exactly that last season though, it took us just 1 or 2 games to work out using him as an out ball was stupid. I'm guessing it was either a bit of lack of planning from the coaching team to remind the players of that or a brain fart from robbo. Before Adrian cocked up I'd already screamed at the telly "don't pass to him". 

We don't need to upgrade on Adrian for 6 weeks. Manè, Henderson and Thiago are back, that alongside the bateing Klopp will give the rest of them means Adrian will only have to make 2 saves a game at most, once he saves one we will be alright.

He’s actually alright in one on ones which is the glaring thing that Mignolet used to struggle with. He does some strange things sometimes and has the odd shot stopping shocker.  The main problem for me is that despite making countless mistakes with his feet he hasn’t learned.  The side can’t play with the tactic of not giving it to him.  The opposition would notice it and play on it.  The cunt just needs to fucking kick it long if there’s a player within 30 yards of him or one of his passing options.  The problem then arises that his long kicking can be a disaster as well (which I think might be the reason he tries to play short a lot).

On 11/10/2020 at 20:39, whtwht said:

There really is a dearth of good goalkeepers in England. How about Vorm who was at Spurs?

Wasn't we interested him when he was at Swansea? Wonder where he is now. 

I don't know but shouldn't there be someone scouting for a goalie? Surely there is some in the lower leagues as opposed to the names being bandied about that could of been identified a few years ago and brought through and made ready for his chance, as opposed to a more experienced player, maybe there is at the academy but not ready, going back to Vorm I thought he was going places and I haven't heard where he is now, he seemed alright when Swansea was in the top flight. 

10 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

I don't know but shouldn't there be someone scouting for a goalie? Surely there is some in the lower leagues as opposed to the names being bandied about that could of been identified a few years ago and brought through and made ready for his chance, as opposed to a more experienced player, maybe there is at the academy but not ready, going back to Vorm I thought he was going places and I haven't heard where he is now, he seemed alright when Swansea was in the top flight. 

How long is it our keeper coach has held his post, never in all his time has he brought 1 prospect to the team. imo he should be the first one who is binned.

59 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

We bought a new Brazilian lad. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

1.2m loan fee agreed with cardiff for Wilson. Seems pretty cheap that. I am still surprised there wasn't a prem club willing to pick up a lad who does have goals in him.

Unfortunately you've got to keep him on the pitch to score them...

• Upvote 1