You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

I'm amazed how many managers seem to adopt the attitude with transfers of throwing mud at the wall and seeing what sticks. 

This is why I always rated Houllier and Rafa early on, and Klopp of course. You could see they were trying to implement a system and bought players accordingly. 

Solksjaer especially just seems to 'buy players'. I've got no fucking clue what system they're trying to introduce or how he wants people to play. Same to a far lesser extent with Guadiola. "Shipping goals - buy a defender. Still shipping goals, replace defender with new defender." I don't think footy is that simple. 

I've suspected Lampard's transfer policy has been a case of checking out the stats of the most 'up and coming' players, the ones Rashid and co wank over, then just buying them so nobody else gets them. 

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

FFP has been 'eased' for 2 years.

Its not erased its amended. Instead of a 3 year cycle they will examine a 4 year cycle to give clubs a year to get their shit in order. Wolves got fines and warned this summer, hence the agreement they settled on for Jota. They can book the entire amount this year to help with FFP. I suspect the figures we agreed on for Jota and Hoever were both a little higher than they would usually be, this suited Wolves and for our part we got to pay pennies up front.

No matter what way they analyse the numbers Everton are fucked if they qualify for the 21/22 season. Unless the stadium is open and they have Bon Jovi there every 2nd weekend.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, No2 said:

Its not erased its amended. Instead of a 3 year cycle they will examine a 4 year cycle to give clubs a year to get their shit in order. Wolves got fines and warned this summer, hence the agreement they settled on for Jota. They can book the entire amount this year to help with FFP. I suspect the figures we agreed on for Jota and Hoever were both a little higher than they would usually be, this suited Wolves and for our part we got to pay pennies up front.

No matter what way they analyse the numbers Everton are fucked if they qualify for the 21/22 season. Unless the stadium is open and they have Bon Jovi there every 2nd weekend.

He didn't say it was erased but 'eased', which is the same point you've made.