You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Clever move with Brewster, he’s going to

play every week and get experience in Europe.

Theres no doubt he’ll be bought back, this will be similar to what Madrid did with Morata, if he’a brilliant he’ll become a starter in the next couple of years, if he does okay we’ll sell him for a profit.

Its a shame with Grujic, he’s quality....

Im amazed more clubs from the Premier League are not in for him, he would be perfect for Arsenal.

42 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Could be very good business for Sheff United as well if he keeps them up.

With Shaq possibly going as well, does seem to suggest that we're putting a kitty together to bring in one more.  

I'm not sure we need another central defender, I thought Williams looked really good last night, good enough to be a 4th choice or 5th choice.  Was odd not to see Fabinho play last night though, which suggests he's not part of the established group of CBs, he is literally a break-glass option. 

But you never know, I think Burnley are still listening to offers for Tarkowski who Klopp seemed to fancy.  I think we might pay a big fee for a player but not necessarily a big name. 

Even though I’d never heard of him until last week, it’s obvious that the boy R. Williams is ridiculously slow compared to VVD and Gomez. I wouldn’t want us having to rely on him for a run of games. 

2 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Theres no doubt he’ll be bough back imo, this will be similar to what Madrid did with Morata, if he’d brilliant he’ll become a starter if he dies okay we’ll sell him for a profit.

He deserves a decent funeral in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

Theres no doubt he’ll be bough back imo, this will be similar to what Madrid did with Morata, if he’d brilliant he’ll become a starter if he dies okay we’ll sell him for a profit.

Its a shame with Grujic, he’s quality....

Im amazed more clubs from the Premier League are not in for him, he would be perfect for Arsenal.

Edwards really is a genius isn't he.

3 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Even though I’d never heard of him until last week, it’s obvious that the boy R. Williams is ridiculously slow compared to VVD and Gomez. I wouldn’t want us having to rely on him for a run of games. 

He's very raw but he looks very promising. Give him four years and he could be very good. Luckily Jurgen said last night that Joel is back in a couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, JustTosh said:

We demand close to 25 M for Brewster and close to 20M for Harry Wilson, refusing to even listen to any other valuation.

At the same time we’re outraged when Bayern Munich wants 25M for Thiago, refusing t pay that kind of money. Also, it looks like our stubbornness is rewarded.

They’re good at it aren’t they? Our business people. Almost shamefully good.

We were so outraged we didn’t comment on anything publicly and then paid around 25m.  He was in the last year of his contract and has no sell on value.

Selling these promising young players who are tied down to longer contracts to clubs who hope they will come good and improve their side for a long time or sell on for an even larger fee down the line for a similar fee to Thiago is almost incomparable.

It baffles me that people still moan about us not offloading players or immediately paying whatever any clubs demand when we want to sign someone.  We did that a while ago and ended spending loads of money on Shite.  United currently follow that method now as well and it seems to be working out great for them.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I agree he isnt the quickest. The lad did well last night and can say he's played twice for Liverpool. But the fact he was loaned to Kidderminster outside the EFL tells you what you need to know.

18 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I agree he isnt the quickest. The lad did well last night and can say he's played twice for Liverpool. But the fact he was loaned to Kidderminster outside the EFL tells you what you need to know.

Nah, that doesn't tell us what we need to know. What we need to know is why the fuck are you wearing your hair like that?

4 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I’ve always wanted to know what happens when you have both a sell on clause and a buy back fee. Do we get 20% of our own transfer fee back? God dammit Edwards you’ve done it again.

They'll end up paying us to buy him back. Fucking Klopp getting all the praise over here. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

He's very raw but he looks very promising. Give him four years and he could be very good. Luckily Jurgen said last night that Joel is back in a couple of weeks. 

Matip is a top defender and all. It's a genuine pity that the problem isn't when he'll back, but how long he'll last before being gone again for a toe infection or some shit.

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Thats right get rid of Shaq and Gruijc and keep wilson and Origi ffs

I'm not sure it will be quite like that. They're all surplus to requirements and if bids come in for all of them, they'll go. 

1 hour ago, The Golden Eel said:

Genuinely don't understand what sort of cover Wilson would provide. He's not a midfielder in our team, and we've plenty anyway, and I wouldn't fancy him playing in the front 3 either. 

I don't think we're choosing to hold on to him, just nobody will pay for him yet. He clearly won't get playing time in the CL and PL, but we have to appear we're happy to use him or it devalues him. We're about to head into panic season in the last few days of the window and Wilson scores a few, so someone will stump up I think. Perhaps Burnley are waiting for tarkowski to go before they can afford wilson?

13 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Matip is a top defender and all. It's a genuine pity that the problem isn't when he'll back, but how long he'll last before being gone again for a toe infection or some shit.

Did he miss many games in the Bundesliga for Schalke or is it just the rigours of the PL taking their toll?

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Origi is so laid back he makes Virgil look wired. You’re never going to change him. I’m not sure we’d get more than £15-£20m for him. 

He's got a reasonable scoring record when he plays, although I'm not sure he'd maintain that with a long run of games. When you look what Brewster has gone for and that lad villa picked up from Brentford, I could see us getting 25-30m for him, especially as he's supposed to be on pretty modest wages. It could be he won't go in this window, but a team desperate for goals might come in for him in January if he's not getting his game for us - which I think is pretty unlikely after the arrival of Jota. 

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Divock seems to be going backwards but I am not sure we ccould get rid of Brewster and him without any buy ins

Do you not think? I think Minamino and Jota are plenty of cover and we can chuck bunhead into the mix too. We didn't have Brewster last season and we've added minamino and Jota since the last summer window. I think we'll be just fine without big div. 

• Upvote 2