You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

On 29/09/2020 at 16:08, No2 said:

He looks happy as ever in training and matches. Could be as simple as he wants to try something else next season. He's earned the right if that's his wish.

Could be.. but his team were pushing only a few weeks back he wanted to sign a long term deal. It feels to me everyone is open to him staying, he wants more than we're prepared to give and it would seem purely age isn't an issue as they gave that long deal to thiago. I think it has to be either they think he's about to drop off a cliff or he's asking for terms that the club don't want to entertain.  

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Could be.. but his team were pushing only a few weeks back he wanted to sign a long term deal. It feels to me everyone is open to him staying, he wants more than we're prepared to give and it would seem purely age isn't an issue as they gave that long deal to thiago. I think it has to be either they think he's about to drop off a cliff or he's asking for terms that the club don't want to entertain.  

I don't think the club are arsed, whatever happens. Either he accepts the terms they set financially and years wise, or we let a 30 year old go and we can start getting a bit younger.

On 29/09/2020 at 16:08, No2 said:

He looks happy as ever in training and matches. Could be as simple as he wants to try something else next season. He's earned the right if that's his wish.

I personally think that's about the gist of it... unless the club want to offer something extra-ordinary to make him change his mind. Which is unlikely. I suspect he's walking on a free, but everyone is reasonably relaxed about it. 

• Upvote 1

It's nuts though. He's a fucking ball rentention machine and showing no signs of slowing down. 

How can we hand Milner an extension on his massive wages at his age but not Gini who is on a pittance? 

Hes like our Scottie Pippen that FSG have got a hard on to fuck over. 

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It's nuts though. He's a fucking ball rentention machine and showing no signs of slowing down. 

How can we hand Milner an extension on his massive wages at his age but not Gini who is on a pittance? 

That's just your take on it.  There could be any one of a number of things going on in the background that both parties are happy with, but in the lack of that knowledge you default to "FSG fucking someone over".

Gini doesn't give the impression he's got an axe to grind either.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't think the club are arsed, whatever happens. Either he accepts the terms they set financially and years wise, or we let a 30 year old go and we can start getting a bit younger.

I don't think it would be right to say the club aren't arsed. If they weren't arsed they wouldn't put any deal in front of him. Just like everything we do, we have a spreadsheet with a number, regardless of if that's buying a player, selling one or giving him a new contract, we have a number and tend to stick to it. I'm not saying there isn't some negotiation, but we probably start under that number, it's just we won't cross it. 

13 hours ago, Daisy said:

It's a wonder that Edwards and Klopp put up with this kind of personal interference with their job, isn't it. 

20 minutes ago, Bad Red Bull said:

Liverpool have received offers for Rhian Brewster, Harry Wilson and Marko Grujic from Sheffield United, Burnley and Borussia Monchengladbach respectively. The Reds hope to raise £50m from the trio, with all three expected to leave. [@neiljonesgoal]

Slap that motherfucker on Napoli's table for Koulibaly.