You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

7 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

That club is going to be absolutely fucked when Messi goes next summer, they need to invest so much..... it’s mad they haven’t really brought much youth through in recent years who have made a big impact when you think that La Masia is supposed to be the benchmark to develop players.

The big money signings they’ve made in the last 3/4 years have all been horrendous 

What's interesting is that the galactico types are increasingly in short supply but also getting more expensive. In the past they'd have swooped for someone like Mane but they'd be quoted probably upwards of 200 mil in today's market, you can't build a team like that from scratch any more. You need youth and good scouts to find them before they're at the top of their game. Barca arrogantly abandoned that because they think they've got the god given right to have everyone else's players. Made up. Twats.

29 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Agree with that, the are a twat of a club.

But the crying twat can't have it both ways.

13 minutes ago, Trojan1892 said:

That club is going to be absolutely fucked when Messi goes next summer, they need to invest so much..... 

I agree, they are a set of entitled pricks (WE'RE FUCKING BARCA, WE'LL DO WHAT & SIGN WHO WE WANT!!!) but I still think there is something Barca & Real have over everybody else in Europe.

2 great climates. 2 great cities, with pretty much everything (history, art, night life, mountain, Barca has a beach...) but also, Barca & Real never had a bad side. Granted, they'll have some sides better than others, but they'll never be use under Hodgson, the mancs now, Arsenal of the last few years etc etc etc. They'll always be challenging for trophies, every single season.

Messi won't leave. New presidential elections soon, there will be a change and unless Koeman wins the Champions League, Xavi will replace him. Either way, Messi signs a new contract.

17 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

To think of the difference in the trajectories the two clubs were taking went Suarez left us for them. The crushing reality of how long it would take the side to get over the loss of such a genius one-off player.

Now 6 years later he’s leaving them to the collective shrug of our shoulders, they’re fucked and we’re one of a Jeremy Beadle-sized handful of clubs with a claim to be best in the world. We’re also realistically are top of that pile. 

Couldn’t happen to a nicer gang of cunts. I’m so glad we played and neutered them while he was still there. We needed that result in particular as a club, complete closure on his time here and how much more we needed him than the other way round.

Short term, it didn't feel great seeing them win the treble and Suarez score in the CL Final while we lost in the FA Cup Semi Final to Aston fucking Villa, with one of the most inept performances we've ever given.

Long term, yes. Even after the semi final games the other year, I feel zero ill will to Suarez. He treated us like he would any other opponent and if he still played for us, we'd have expected the same. 0% sentimentality, 100% will to win.

But to see us stuff it up a club, that over the past 10 years have unsettled and signed 3 of our best players in years, it was fucking sweet.

If I was a Barca fan / shareholder I would have been delighted to get Messi out on a reduced fee to City or whoever. 

His retention means they will tread water for at least another year with a new manager treading lightly around a disengaged and disaffected player being paid a holy fortune,  and unable to implement any meaningful improvements.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Short term, it didn't feel great seeing them win the treble and Suarez score in the CL Final while we lost in the FA Cup Semi Final to Aston fucking Villa, with one of the most inept performances we've ever given.

Long term, yes. Even after the semi final games the other year, I feel zero ill will to Suarez. He treated us like he would any other opponent and if he still played for us, we'd have expected the same. 0% sentimentality, 100% will to win.

But to see us stuff it up a club, that over the past 10 years have unsettled and signed 3 of our best players in years, it was fucking sweet.

One of my lowest days in football that. Celtic lost an Old Firm semi final before our game. Hibs beat the cunts in the final though. 

9 minutes ago, sir roger said:

If I was a Barca fan / shareholder I would have been delighted to get Messi out on a reduced fee to City or whoever. 

His retention means they will tread water for at least another year with a new manager treading lightly around a disengaged and disaffected player being paid a holy fortune,  and unable to implement any meaningful improvements.

Agree with this.  When a player is bigger than the club just get rid on the best deal you can. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

What's interesting is that the galactico types are increasingly in short supply but also getting more expensive. In the past they'd have swooped for someone like Mane but they'd be quoted probably upwards of 200 mil in today's market, you can't build a team like that from scratch any more. You need youth and good scouts to find them before they're at the top of their game. Barca arrogantly abandoned that because they think they've got the god given right to have everyone else's players. Made up. Twats.

That’s exactly how I feel, they’ve done it so long had the pick of every top player but transfer fees won’t allow that anymore and I’m delighted they are struggling, fucking set of cunts.

• Upvote 1

Mbappe in the last year of his contract - rumoured to be available for £91m.

Halland release clause £65m.

Upamenco release clause of £42m

Sancho probably still available for £120m.

Assume it’d be Sancho or Mbappe, but I’m sure if we start a crowd fund today we could get the £200m required.

27 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Mbappe in the last year of his contract - rumoured to be available for £91m.

Halland release clause £65m.

Upamenco release clause of £42m

Sancho probably still available for £120m.

Assume it’d be Sancho or Mbappe, but I’m sure if we start a crowd fund today we could get the £200m required.

Jota is going to score 60 goals this season then we will sell him to PSG for £250m.

We will buy Mbappe, Upemecano, Haaland, do the Anfield road end and buy a giant laser to blow the Etihad up.

• Upvote 3