You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

3 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

The reason it might happen is because whilst he will ultimately want to go to Madrid, he'll be able to go there later in his career anyway.

If he came here for 4-5 years, ripped the PL apart, he could move on to Madrid at the age of 26 which is when he'll be going into his prime.

That also makes it more plausible of an investment for the owners. Sure, we might have to splunk some money to bring him here, but the amount we would eventually sell him on for at Madrid would break records. He's a pretty sound investment in that sense.

Then again, all of the above could be and probably is bollocks.

M’Bappé is the same age as Trent. Should he come next year, he will be in his 23rd year. He will stay four years, winning 4 leagues titles and 4 CL, 2 ballons d’or, and leave for 450 M£ in 2025. 

11 hours ago, Section_31 said:

What's all this Sarr bollocks? Hope it's not true as it would imply one of our boys is off.

It's a report from France Football, they say we have agreed a deal while Aston Villa remain interested. Expect his move to the Midlands to be finalised in days. 

47 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It's a report from France Football, they say we have agreed a deal while Aston Villa remain interested. Expect his move to the Midlands to be finalised in days. 

I saw that in the Mag FF yesterday I stole from my son. It was more like some news they put it down to fill the gap.

4 hours ago, aRdja said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi could be available... shame about his astronomical salary, otherwise I’d say we go for it. 

Another baffling suggestion.  Why would Klopp sign a player causing problems at a club where he will clearly get away with more than he would here?  Lampard is leaving him out despite the fans clamouring for him to start and you think we should sign him.  It’s almost as bad as people saying we should go for Deli Alli.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

Another baffling suggestion.  Why would Klopp sign a player causing problems at a club where he will clearly get away with more than he would here?  Lampard is leaving him out despite the fans clamouring for him to start and you think we should sign him.  It’s almost as bad as people saying we should go for Deli Alli.

I almost replied to it, but I figure it's just a wind-up and let it go. Not that Hudson-Odoi is a bad player, but we just don't need him, especially having signed a versatile player like Joto for £45m. Then, as you rightly say, there's his attitude. Just not something that would ever be on the cards. Classic aRdjy-bArgy signing.