You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

4 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Bit odd for a chairman to feel the need to publicly tear down a sky sports headline about transfers. 95% of transfer stuff is complete fabrication.

Have a feeling the interest (and bid) is real but was asked to keep under wraps to avoid any kind of bidding war. There's probably an inquest right now to figure out who leaked it.

Nah I'd say it was the Benteke transfer rage bubbling up inside. He's screaming at the TV WE ARE NEVER BUYING A STRIKER from them cunts again.

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

I think we were rumoured to be aggressively monitoring Costa while we still had Suarez, and I was both relieved and disappointed when it didn't happen. 

Really hope we get to see it, especially with another shithouse as manager. 

He turned us down and signed a new contract. I think that was around the time Willian fucked us off for Spurs before fucking them off for Chelsea. Bad times.

Wolves selling a perfectly fine right back for £12m then selling their best forward to fund  signing a Portuguese right back for £30m doesn’t stink of agents pulling strings at all. 

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Mbappé thing, the one thing we have to do is position ourselves to be his team of choice if he wants to come to the Premier League. I don't think that's too unrealistic. And if he starts to lean that way, then we figure out the financial stuff.

Surely he'd want absolute mega money. We already have a high wage bill but his wages would be mental.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Hahahahaha.

I will read that tomorrow, while eating my baguette, with butter from Brittany, one croissant and one pain au chocolat. 

I will let you know  the structure of the deal, the wage, the length....

Tuesday is coming soon !

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

What do we have to gain from moving Trent forward? He can’t get much more forward than he already does. 

Agree. It works to perfection with him at right back under our current system. He gets plenty of space out on the right to use his wand of a right foot to perfection. Why we’d want to change that is beyond me. 

• Upvote 3

While Haaland is a really good finisher blessed with outstanding pace and strength, he is not even top 100 in the world in link up play. He's basically a better version of Lukaku with a better work ethic and much higher confidence. Wouldn't suit us (specifically Mo and Sadio) very well. I'd have him here in a heartbeat of course (not least to piss off my Manc mates that are SURE he's going to vhoose them next time he changes clubs...). I'd much rather have M'bappe though, or Ødegaard if we want a Norwegian in our midst.

What I will say is that his father and advisors have plotted his path perfectly so far, giving him clubs/attacks that are THE absolute best at putting chances on a plate for him, which he duly scores. Going to the Mancs instead of Dortmund would have been career suicide in that respect.

Ps! His movement in the box is top class as well. He'll score loads of goals for teams that have a bit of space to work in and focus on feeding him. Personally I'd prefer Firmino to him because of the way we set up, as well as the Brazilian's type of football being much easier on the eye. Haaland is an absolute flat track bully though, and plaing in front of de Bruyne or prime Gerrard would thrive.

• Upvote 1

Mbappe would be a much better fit. Haaland has got a bunch of chance creators at Dortmund behind him that give him top notch service but we don't really operate that way. He can barrel his way through defenses and create a bit on his own, but we only really seem to buy forwards who are prolific at creating chances for themselves and as good as Haaland is, that's not him.

Only problem with Mbappe is he's got a grating mentality. If any of you think Salah is selfish and cares too much about his stats and goals, wait till you see Mbappe.

9 hours ago, Arnaud said:

I will read that tomorrow, while eating my baguette, with butter from Brittany, one croissant and one pain au chocolat. 

I will let you know  the structure of the deal, the wage, the length....

Tuesday is coming soon !

He’s done, he’s coming ! 

2DF58309-FD3F-44E6-9913-D4C7866C68DA.png