You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

From the moment Jota was announced, having heard the rumours about Ox last week, I thought this might happen. I like Ox but he’s too easily injured and is too inconsistent. If we had to lose anyone from midfield it’d be him and Weeble.

I wouldn't be arsed in the slightest if he goes, Wolves would be a good move for him.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, aRdja said:

My prediction:

- Gini will stay

- Ox will leave for Wolves

- Leeds will submit a bid in for Milner on the last day and we will accept, and he will play his last season of professional football with them. 

Milner won’t retire. He’s a machine, if he goes to Leeds he probably stays there until he’s about 40. He’s actually too good for Leeds but you’d understand the move l. I reckon he gets 30+ games for most of the teams in the league.

6 hours ago, an tha said:

Keep him.

Squad depth is what we need and he helps with that.

I don't see what part he plays. Klopp has pretty much stopped using him in midfield and he's getting most of his games in the front 3, I'd put Jota, origi and minamino in front of him. And he's fallen behind Jones in midfield. If we're buying a centre back as has been suggested, so fabinho won't be playing there, then I don't see how chamberlain is getting his game. I'm ok with any 2 from origi/chamberlain/Shaq to go to help fund the signings. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Milner won’t retire. He’s a machine, if he goes to Leeds he probably stays there until he’s about 40. He’s actually too good for Leeds but you’d understand the move l. I reckon he gets 30+ games for most of the teams in the league.

If it's a thing he wants to do with his career, he's absolutely earned the right to do it. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, aRdja said:

My prediction:

- Gini will stay

- Ox will leave for Wolves

- Leeds will submit a bid in for Milner on the last day and we will accept, and he will play his last season of professional football with them. 

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Fabinho

Milner

Ox

Keita

Jones

Thiago 

Grujic

I know a few can drop into other positions, but that’s still far too many given that Klopp prefers smaller squads. Grujic will go, and Ox is probably surplus too. Actually had a similar thought to yourself on Milner, but I’d still hate to see him go. Keita really needs to start showing something consistently. 

Milner stays in case Williams is not ready for a starting role at right back which is clear given his appearances so far. We can't afford to put Gomez there with no fourth choice centre back.

Wijnaldum also leaves next season on a free, so I wouldn't be letting go of Milly at this stage.

16 minutes ago, aws said:

Won't we be struggling with the home grown player rules if both Milner and Ox go? 

Well I think the risk regards home grown is we have a squad of 25 and we can only have so many non-homegrown (maybe 18? I can't remember). I heard a while back our squad was such if we got thiago, it meant gruic and karius couldn't be in the squad. So now we have Jota, that means those two plus another foreign player (Shaq or origi I would guess) need to go. If chamberlain or milner go, I think we just can't replace them with more foreign players, so it means the 25 places aren't full. But we have some young players like Williams, Jones and bunhead in the squad who don't use homegrown quota as they're young and don't have to be in the 25. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Ox is injured, isn’t He ? Who would buy him ? Roma ?

Yes, a collision in training. Wolves might be interested but I get the impression Jurgen rates Ox plus it's a story from the daily manc. And we paid £35m for him so would be surprised if we sanctioned a sale at the £25m the daily manc states.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Bale plays golf with off a handicap of four. Harry Kane plays golf off a handicap of three. In short they've got more chance of winning the Ryder cup than winning the league.

Out till mid October with a knee injury on the plus side should give him time to work on his swing 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well I think the risk regards home grown is we have a squad of 25 and we can only have so many non-homegrown (maybe 18? I can't remember). I heard a while back our squad was such if we got thiago, it meant gruic and karius couldn't be in the squad. So now we have Jota, that means those two plus another foreign player (Shaq or origi I would guess) need to go. If chamberlain or milner go, I think we just can't replace them with more foreign players, so it means the 25 places aren't full. But we have some young players like Williams, Jones and bunhead in the squad who don't use homegrown quota as they're young and don't have to be in the 25. 

I'm sure we could manage with a squad of 22 plus the youngsters but it's getting tight particularly as there was talk of tightening the rules as part of the Brexit fallout.