You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 hour ago, El Dangerous said:

At least once this season I want to see:

Fab      Thiago

Jota                Bobby            Mane

Salah

If the opposition are really shit I’d drop Fab back to defence/out for Hendo.

Not sure Mo would be at his best as a DM.

• Upvote 1

Big fan of this approach of identifying two - seemingly equal - targets that have similar attributes for a position, then working to find the best deal, rather than being fixated on one. It speaks to Klopp's character that he trusts others to identify options that he can work with.

We've come a long way since deadline day drama over Clint Dempsey or no one.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I feel slight sympathy for Sarr and that kid Lewis at Norwich. Probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for them gone because reasonable deals couldn’t be agreed. Impressive the way we just moved on to the next targets on our list though. 

Sarr I have zero sympathy for. He was about 30m when joining Watford. He must have known Watford would only be selling him if he failed or for a massive profit. He should have negotiated himself a release or relegation clause. It's tough on Lewis, especially as he offered to subsidise the deal himself. 

24 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Big fan of this approach of identifying two - seemingly equal - targets that have similar attributes for a position, then working to find the best deal, rather than being fixated on one. It speaks to Klopp's character that he trusts others to identify options that he can work with.

We've come a long way since deadline day drama over Clint Dempsey or no one.

They play in different positions don't they. Sarr mainly plays on the right, Jota on the left.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I feel slight sympathy for Sarr and that kid Lewis at Norwich. Probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for them gone because reasonable deals couldn’t be agreed. Impressive the way we just moved on to the next targets on our list though. 

Yes, I know what you mean. Lewis was desparate to come here. Not sure Sarr made the same noises publically at least.

50 minutes ago, J-V said:

They play in different positions don't they. Sarr mainly plays on the right, Jota on the left.

I think it's more about attributes, what they offer and how the team can shape around them, rather than strict designated positions. We went from Zielinski to Wijnaldum, Goetze to Mané. The scouting department are clearly tasked with finding adaptable players with certain key points to their game.