You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

16 minutes ago, Manny said:

Are we just starting to abuse buy-back clauses now in the way that Chelsea used to abuse the loan system? Getting Tsimikas, Thiago and Jota for a couple of young players in Hoever and Brewster is pretty good business in my book - even more so if we've rigged the deals so that if in a couple of years either or both are tearing it up, we just get them back at sub-market value. If they aren't they've paid for a squad refresh now.

I'm not complaining if we are, like.

I think Madrid are doing the same with the left back they've sold to Spurs, might be something that gains more and more traction for some highly rated young players at big clubs instead of loans. 

3 minutes ago, Judge said:

Bobby is a fucking genious. Jota is not fit to lace his boots. Decent player, not a regular starter at Wolves if reports are correct.

Bobby has been poor for a while now and hasn’t hit his usual high standards imo.

i seen a decent bit of wolves last season and I rate jota a lot. 
Great to have genuine competition & quality with the likes of him and Taki to choose from. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Origi, Shaqiri, wilson and Grujic all need to go as they will barely get a look in. Wouldn't be surprised if the Ox leaves as well.

Think we will be stuck with Karius even after signing the Brazilian keeper.

Shaqiri and Ox are paid way more than any other side will cough up - neither will agree to leave.

Agree - no one wants Karius even though he is on a cheap wedge.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I think we can gather this Jota thing has legs then. 

Did he score at Anfield last season and then ran about giving it the big I am?

That was Neto, Scott.  One of the funniest moments ever that.  Literally nobody in the ground knows who he is.  He scores a goal and runs over to the Kop/Main stand corner giving it loads as if he’s been brought up on County road.  Then the goal gets disallowed.  Biggest facepalm ever.

Jota is pretty good.  He’s quick, versatile and far more technical then what I’ve seen from that Sarr.  I fucking hate Wolves after that game last season so would be pretty funny to sign one of their best players as back up and him to be forcing through.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Origi, Shaqiri, wilson and Grujic all need to go as they will barely get a look in. Wouldn't be surprised if the Ox leaves as well.

Think we will be stuck with Karius even after signing the Brazilian keeper.

I really dont see this Ox leaving line. He's a better attacking option from midfield than Keita. If anything, Id say Keita is more likely to be moved on than Ox and I think the chances of that are low.

14 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Fucking hell, I go and help the old girl with a bit of gardening and we've smashed all sorts of transfers. Alcantara signed and supposedly available for chelsea(!) young Hoever likely to move to Wolves for £10m while we look close to signing Jota!

Go back to the garden and stay there for two weeks until we see what else we get.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Great to see the Sarr and Jota links only really break late in the day like old-school transfers. We’re a remarkably well run club these days. 

Very much under promise over deliver nowadays. After all the fear we'd do nothing, getting Thiago and maybe Jota on the same day feels like taking a bump of coke.

• Upvote 2