You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Jota would be a decent addition to the squad and offer a rotation option for the front 3. As would Sarr. 

I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 of Origi, Brewster and Wilson go if we get either of the above. 

Jota is good at FIFA too, so we'll have a strong hand if proper footie is suspended again and Sky goes all Gamesmaster again. 

Wolves fans seem to be gutted at the thought of losing him and think he will thrive at Liverpool.

I wonder if there is any truth in the Ox to Wolves rumours from earlier in the week. Some sort of swap deal maybe?

I think Jota would be a good signing as front three cover. But unlike Thiago I’m not going to get excited until it happens.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

Would be very happy with Jota as back up to the front 3. 

Kick up the arse that Bobby needs.

From Indy article above:

'Jota is represented by Gestifute, who Liverpool dealt with to secure Fabinho.

The 23-year-old topped the champions’ shortlist of candidates to fortify their attack, while enquiries were also made for Watford’s Ismaila Sarr, but his valuation was exorbitant'

Steal at £35m.

Are we just starting to abuse buy-back clauses now in the way that Chelsea used to abuse the loan system? Getting Tsimikas, Thiago and Jota for a couple of young players in Hoever and Brewster is pretty good business in my book - even more so if we've rigged the deals so that if in a couple of years either or both are tearing it up, we just get them back at sub-market value. If they aren't they've paid for a squad refresh now.

I'm not complaining if we are, like.

Liverpool are escalating their interest in Diogo Jota from Wolves and are optimistic of following up the signing of Thiago by adding the forward to their squad for a fee expected to be in excess of £35 million.

Jurgen Klopp has long been an admirer of the versatility and work rate of the Portugal international, who was left out of the Carabao Cup defeat to Stoke by Nuno Espirito Santo.

That signals a transfer is close and with Reds defender Ki-Jana Hoever moving in the opposite direction in a permanent deal, the clubs have been locked in negotiations with the intention of finding speedy conclusions to both situations.

Jota is represented by Gestifute, who Liverpool dealt with to secure Fabinho.

The 23-year-old topped the champions’ shortlist of candidates to fortify their attack, while enquiries were also made for Watford’s Ismaila Sarr, but his valuation was exorbitant. 

15 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Won’t take long for him to replace Bobby in our front 3 imo. 
He’d be a sensational signing 

Bobby is a fucking genious. Jota is not fit to lace his boots. Decent player, not a regular starter at Wolves if reports are correct.