You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

20 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

As long as we've got buy back clauses then I don't see the problem with letting Brewster and Hoever go. We went down the loan route with Wilson and it didn't work, so we may as well get some money in and let them develop for a couple of seasons in settled squads.

From the little I've seen of Hoever though, I honestly thought he was better than Williams.

Agree with both bolded bits.

People on twitter slagging off Williams because we didn't sell him instead and this guy is gonna be a star and FSG are shite etc.

Bunch of fannies, we bought one of the best midfielders in the world yesterday and are premier league champions. This new generation of twitter footy fans makes the Sky generation look like Dr Fun.

I bet most of the cunts have got 'two favourite teams'.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

People on twitter slagging off Williams because we didn't sell him instead and this guy is gonna be a star and FSG are shite etc.

Bunch of fannies, we bought one of the best midfielders in the world yesterday and are premier league champions. This new generation of twitter footy fans makes the Sky generation look like Dr Fun.

I bet most of the cunts have got 'two favourite teams'.

They've almost certainly never been to a game in their life.

• Upvote 1

I’m convinced we’re gonna pull a shock near the end of the window,  Sancho is hanging on and doesn’t seem keen on UTD, and UTD seem to be looking at alternatives, we need a forward, Klopp got his contacts in Dortmund, we opted out of going for Werner which was strange as he ticked all the boxes, the Thiago transfer goes against FSGs transfer ‘rules’ but Klopp wanted him, If Klopp really wanted Werner, he’d have got him too. He opted out because something else was available but we gotta raise funds 1st. *taps nose* It’s happening.

58 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

As long as we've got buy back clauses then I don't see the problem with letting Brewster and Hoever go. We went down the loan route with Wilson and it didn't work, so we may as well get some money in and let them develop for a couple of seasons in settled squads.

From the little I've seen of Hoever though, I honestly thought he was better than Williams.

He was at one point, but I wouldn't say so right now, maybe technically (Hoever's scored some great goals, especially for Holland). Williams seems to have been getting better and better though.

Are we really interested in Jota? The first mention was some Wolves fan calling himself Callum on Twitter. When Jota wasn’t in the squad last night (his partner has just given birth) this lad tweeted that he was on his way to Liverpool. He later admitted it was made up bollocks, but by then LFC Twitter has picked it up and gone into overdrive. My skeptometer is at a high level. 

EDIT: As high a level as Scott’s scouting.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Are we really interested in Jota? The first mention was some Wolves fan calling himself Callum on Twitter. When Jota wasn’t in the squad last night (his partner has just given birth) this lad tweeted that he was on his way to Liverpool. He later admitted it was made up bollocks, but by then LFC Twitter has picked it up and gone into overdrive. My skeptometer is at a high level. 

EDIT: As high a level as Scott’s scouting.

The Sarr - Jota thing has the look of Lewis-Tsimikas from earlier. Interested in both but when the price for the first is seen as too high, move on very quickly to the second out of nowhere.