You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

46 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Dembele would be a real boom or bust. Can't stay fit and is a bit of a scumbag but if it came off, he'd be a ridiculous addition. We know Klopp likes him as a player... Who knows.

Barca need money and player, why would they loan out such a player ? It makes no sense.

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Sarr and Werner deals aren't financially equivalent at all. Can't just say oh one was 50m, one is 36m. The wage difference would be massive, Werner would have needed to have been paid in one shot, etc... It's nowhere close. 

The chasm between the players is far bigger than the financials quoted. 

That said if the recruitment team rate him then bring the cunt in

3 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Djenepo at Southampton strikes me as a player that would succeed here. Very similar to Sarr, wouldn't be a bad alternative, I think Klopp can really polish these types of players.

Agree, really like the look of him.

I'd prefer to keep our younger prospects. 

But, they're not guaranteed to make the step up to the required level. Plus, the coaching staff have probably seen more and know more about the likes of Hoever, Wilson and Brewster than we do from the brief glimpses we've had of them. 

If we're offloading these kinds of players to bring in someone like Sarr, who's both going to strengthen the first team squad and still has time on his side, then I won't complain too much. 

See what happens. But, it definitely looks like the whole Covid-19 thing has made these sales necessary if we want to bring players in. 

As long as we've got buy back clauses then I don't see the problem with letting Brewster and Hoever go. We went down the loan route with Wilson and it didn't work, so we may as well get some money in and let them develop for a couple of seasons in settled squads.

From the little I've seen of Hoever though, I honestly thought he was better than Williams.

• Upvote 1