You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

The Sarr and Werner deals aren't financially equivalent at all. Can't just say oh one was 50m, one is 36m. The wage difference would be massive, Werner would have needed to have been paid in one shot, etc... It's nowhere close. 

On a side note, the Jota thing makes no sense on the surface. If Sarr goes for 36m and he's relegated, Jota could go for double that if Wolves want. They have zero reason to sell. 

4 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Jota was left out of the squad today and Nuno Espirito Santos refused to answer any questions about it. 

They got beat at home by Stoke in the EFL Cup. 

He beat Trent in the final of FIFA during lock down. Makes sense to add the leagues best FIFA player when we have everything else locked down.

• Upvote 1

On 29/06/2020 at 20:43, Ne Moe Imya said:

I wonder why we haven't seen any links to Patson Daka yet?

Would seem a logical place to look to continue the Salzburg -> Liverpool assembly line that has brought us Minamino, Keita and Mane. I never like to compare African players to other African players because there's a danger of racism but his game reminds me so much of Mane's! And if you run the data looking for other similar players, Eto'o's early seasons come up as the closest matches, so I couldn't look there for a comparison either.

Anyway, he's had a huge breakout season after Haaland left. We'd have to offer some decent money to convince Red Bull not to just move him up to Leipzig to replace Werner, but surely he'd be cheaper than Werner would have been and we'd be getting him even younger so he can grow into the role.

Just seems weird to me that no newspaper craving clicks has even made up a story about him yet. Seems like an obvious link to make.

This lad stood out in the data back in June when he was kind of an unknown, and now he's being linked here and there as a potential star.

However, it turns out Daka is a Liverpool fan! Article here.

There have been links with top European clubs including Liverpool and it would be a dream move for the young Zambian. Lee Kawanu remembers how Daka grew up wanting to emulate Luis Suarez and watching Liverpool play week and week out.

Lee, a Liverpool supporter himself, watched Daka’s recent brace against his beloved club with pride.

‘I talked to him after the game and I told him I wanted a hat-trick,’ he chuckles. ‘He told me it was like a “dream” to him. That’s the team his dad supported and he supports deep inside and you score two, not just normal goals, but really good goals against the best defender in the world in Virgil van Dijk, it’s a really nice story.’

A move to Anfield would conclude the perfect fairy-tale and it is within the realms of possibility when you look at the amount of stars who represented Salzburg and ended up moving to Anfield.

19 hours ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Proven. What has he proven? That he has a 1 in 4 goal rate? I'd say he isn't proven anywhere. 

He’s proven he can handle the physical aspects of the league, no issues. 11 goal contributions from 22 starts are decent IMO and he’s still quite young. He can play all three forward roles too (according to transfermarkt). I wouldn’t be averse to us getting him. My preference would be an out-and-out striker as it would give us another dimension to our attack... Trent is the best crosser in the world. Robbo and Hendo are very good crossers of the ball too. It’d be interesting to see them with someone like Raul Jimenez upfront, as plan B. 

15 hours ago, Arnaud said:

He’s too limited technically for us. It’s already hard for him at Lyon.

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yep. Good finisher, but on the bench a lot for the reason you mentioned. And tactically he's not versatile.

31 in 63 for Lyon. I watched him lots for Celtic too. He would be a very good signing. Far better than Origi. 

10 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Sky sports wanking themselves silly about Bale coming back to the Premier League like it's a big deal. 

They jizzed themselves into the stratosphere when Mourinho came back as well.

I actually think he will do well for them if he stays fit. He is still a top player. Can see him getting a bad injury in a few months though. Too much time on the golf course not enough game time. 

2 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Stig would make a case for Cenk Tosun if he had a Celtic connection. Dembele strikes me as a player who will end up doing very well in Italy and getting to a top team a bit later in his career. Good player but not the right player.

That cunt wouldn't get a game for Celtic. 

Of the Celtic players I've recommended they haven't done bad at all after leaving. Wanyama had a 2 year spell of being very good and probably lost his way at Spurs, One is banging them in in Ligue 1 and the champions league for Lyon and one is the greatest CB in the world so..... 

30 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

It says on loan with an option next season to buy for £30m but the loan fee would be about £10m. Barcelona would probably want a sale though as they are skint.

The problem is skint clubs never get to dictate the terms, they may well want a sale but it will be an Italian team late in the window that will come in with a loan offer with obligation to buy if he plays 25 games, he will then play 24 games and it will be a rinse and repeat cycle till his contract runs out.

• Upvote 1