You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

41 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Brewster out with a buy back clause and Thiago in. That will do. 

To be honest, that's still settling for a bit of disappointment really. On one hand to snare Thiago whilst retaining Wijnaldum would be boss, but on the other getting rid of a potentially hot prospect without a replacement would seem foolish. Doku and Thiago please

Strange that so many people nowadays consider goalscoring as being overrated.

We have a lad who has scored many goals all through his career so far. Went out on loan to an average Championship team, scored 1 in 2 there. Scored more than any of our other players this preseason despite playing few minutes. Only 20 years old with room to improve but being written off as not good enough when he has barely played 5 full competitive games with the full senior team. Absolutely bonkers.

• Upvote 1

He’s not even getting on the bench ahead of Origi.  All we are going to do is ruin his career by keeping him here anyway.  If by some miracle he does a Kane and develops into a class player then us buying him back for 40/50m will be fine.  In the meantime if it puts money in the bank to sign players all the better.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

I distinctly remember the toys being thrown out the pram in spectacular style by several posters on here after that Spurs 4-1 beating at Wembley in October 2017. Plenty of people voicing their doubts and a few saying Klopp wasn’t the man.

What has he done to prove he is?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Supremolad said:

And meanwhile there are also people who are complaining Firmino isnt doing enough in front of goal but are simultaneously happy for us to sell off a very good young natural goalscorer like Brewster. Interesting stuff.

Personally I think Brewster is at least 9th in line to get a kick. Which means he won't get a kick. If he had a chance of scoring goals for us, he'd be further up the pecking order, he can't score sitting in the stands. Has the lad even played a minute in the PL or CL? 

15 hours ago, Anubis said:

I don’t think the buy back clause is anything other than a soothing balm to make everyone feel better about it. If we’re selling him we clearly don’t think he’ll hit the heights we originally believed he would, so we won’t be buying him back. And in reality, Brewster won’t want to come back after everything that’s happened. The buy back clause is the marshmallow on top of a hot chocolate. Nice, but completely superfluous.

Not at all

If he goes there and gets 15 goals this year we will invoke it. It's gets substantial money through the door and allows us to up his value. Even if we don't want him, if he scores 15/20 goals this year he will be worth 40- 50ml next year. We will do what Real etc do and invoke the clause to sell him on and bring in more money, if he looks good enough we bring him back and it costs us a few quid to Sheff Utd for developing him 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Has the lad even played a minute in the PL or CL? 

No - I think he has only made the bench a few times.

This is a blinder tbh - Klopp is not averse to giving young players time but Brewster never got a look in. Which tells me he hasn't impressed in training. I think with Jones, Elliott and Neco we can't really work another lad into the mix.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Strange that so many people nowadays consider goalscoring as being overrated.

We have a lad who has scored many goals all through his career so far. Went out on loan to an average Championship team, scored 1 in 2 there. Scored more than any of our other players this preseason despite playing few minutes. Only 20 years old with room to improve but being written off as not good enough when he has barely played 5 full competitive games with the full senior team. Absolutely bonkers.

He's not been sold on the sayso of TLW. If Klopp wanted him he would be kept.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

No - I think he has only made the bench a few times.

This is a blinder tbh - Klopp is not averse to giving young players time but Brewster never got a look in. Which tells me he hasn't impressed in training. I think with Jones, Elliott and Neco we can't really work another lad into the mix.

I reckon if Brewster was Owen quality (which btw was what all the local press brigade were telling us last year), then fitting another kid in wouldn't be an issue, because he'd be playing and playing like a senior pro. But he's clearly just a project, a kid who can finish, but has little else to his game. I agree we don't have time for another project. 

I think a lot of us said at the start, a brilliant window for us would be a backup LB, an attacker and Thiago (in that order of importance IMO).

2/3 done, which is absolutely brilliant. 

Patson Daka and #20 / #7 here we come.

With Brewster gone to cover Thiago (which was unexpected), I hope we can shift Grujic Wilson Karius Shaq and co to pay for the attacker. There’s at least 40m between them, right?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Might be total bollocks but this guy is usually on it could be a good day if it happens ; Liverpool have agreed the fee of £30m +£10m add ons for Ismaila Sarr with personal terms already agreed. If we can get that one over the line it could be a good window for us. 

I’m really not into Sarr. If it’s him or no one, fair enough and I’ll hope to be proven wrong, but I’m praying we go for Daka. If we want somebody more raw, id still prefer Doku. 

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

I’m really not into Sarr. If it’s him or no one, fair enough and I’ll hope to be proven wrong, but I’m praying we go for Daka. If we want somebody more raw, id still prefer Doku. 

He had two good games against us.  The first he missed some easy chances.  Did he do anything else for the rest of the Season?

• Upvote 1