You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

45 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Indeed it is vital, but I doubt that a lot of our fans will stick by him if we have a bad season, seems ridiculous even saying that, but some of our fans are knee jerk, self entitled twats. Jurgen was getting some stick on social media for the performances during the restart, and we’d just won the fucking League.There were a few on here that wanted him gone 12-18 months after he arrived. I despair of our fans sometimes. 

They’re fans, not supporters. There is a difference.

2 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Indeed it is vital, but I doubt that a lot of our fans will stick by him if we have a bad season, seems ridiculous even saying that, but some of our fans are knee jerk, self entitled twats. Jurgen was getting some stick on social media for the performances during the restart, and we’d just won the fucking League.There were a few on here that wanted him gone 12-18 months after he arrived. I despair of our fans sometimes. 

Name one person on here that wanted him gone. 

I don’t think the buy back clause is anything other than a soothing balm to make everyone feel better about it. If we’re selling him we clearly don’t think he’ll hit the heights we originally believed he would, so we won’t be buying him back. And in reality, Brewster won’t want to come back after everything that’s happened. The buy back clause is the marshmallow on top of a hot chocolate. Nice, but completely superfluous.

6 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

There was hype around Brewster at some point, but that's not permanent. I don't think Klopp rates Brewster that highly. Simple as that. For example, you can see he rates Jones. That kid will never go on loan, he gets consistent sub appearances now. Brewster just isn't at that level. If we end up using Brewster to gather funds, I struggle to see how that's a disgrace.

I think the point is not if Brewster should stay or go, it's just he was last year's excuse for not buying a forward because we would block his path, when he clearly didn't have a path. Last year it was a smoke and mirrors excuse spread by the likes of Pearce and Reddy.

5 hours ago, JagSquared said:

That’s because no one seems to want Origi.

To be honest, I think we could say that about origi every summer since he arrived at the club, probably including his 1st pre-season here. Any promise he'd shown early in his career vanished in the 12 months we left him in France and he's clearly never been good enough, despite an unreasonable about of amazing moments. 

4 hours ago, Posterguy said:

Leaving the squad woefully thin.  Embarrassing we can't add to a title winning squad. 

No depth at CB, no depth at forward.  How is that a good idea? It would be a bad idea going into a normal season let alone one even more congested due to covid.

I don't think selling Brewster makes any difference to the depth of the squad (in the competitions we try to win anyway) , he was nowhere near a game. He's at best 9th choice for those 3 places with the main 3, minamino, origi, bunhead, Shaq and chamberlain in front of him. And probably Jones and Gini too. In fact keita would get a game on the left and maybe Trent on the right before Brewster would get a game! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don’t think Klopp ever rated him.  The club/Klopp just blew smoke up his arse to get him to sign a contract to protect their asset.  It looks like it’s about to pay off because somebody is paying money for him.  They clearly made him some promises to get him mixing with the first team and stuck to it which is why he was all over the clubs socials.

It seems the anti-owner crowd want to spin this one again.  The club didn’t really say a word about not blocking Brewster.  They sent him on loan and gave Origi a new contract after scoring in the champions league final where he appeared to be happy to play back up.  Feels like Origi has gone backwards again and we do need a better back up or player in the mix.  The club clearly agree which is why Werner the situation arose.  Origi being on the bench at the weekend told you everything you need to know about Klopp’s view.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

A good post in full.

4 minutes ago, The Guest said:

I don’t think Klopp ever rated him.  The club/Klopp just blew smoke up his arse to get him to sign a contract to protect their asset.  It looks like it’s about to pay off because somebody is paying money for him.  They clearly made him some promises to get him mixing with the first team and stuck to it which is why he was all over the clubs socials.

It seems the anti-owner crowd want to spin this one again.  The club didn’t really say a word about not blocking Brewster.  They sent him on loan and gave Origi a new contract after scoring in the champions league final where he appeared to be happy to play back up.  Feels like Origi has gone backwards again and we do need a better back up or player in the mix.  The club clearly agree which is why Werner the situation arose.  Origi being on the bench at the weekend told you everything you need to know about Klopp’s view.

Thing with Divock though is he can come on and look shit or be a world beater. We just dont know which version we're going to get when he comes on.

To be honest, after he scored those goals in the CL semi and final, only the hardest noses would have grumbled about giving him a new contract. He was our Jimmy Glass!

Im in 2 minds about Brewster, Id like to see what he could do in the first team and not just a cobbled together team for the EFL or FA Cup 3rd round. I think it's incredibly hard for these lads to make a breakthrough and playing them in understrength sides makes it even harder. Yes, you can get flashes. We get that with Naby as well and we're still waiting for him to be the player we want.

At least with Brewster if we do sell and insert a buy back clause and he does look good elsewhere, what have we really got to lose?

22 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Thing with Divock though is he can come on and look shit or be a world beater. We just dont know which version we're going to get when he comes on.

To be honest, after he scored those goals in the CL semi and final, only the hardest noses would have grumbled about giving him a new contract. He was our Jimmy Glass!

Im in 2 minds about Brewster, Id like to see what he could do in the first team and not just a cobbled together team for the EFL or FA Cup 3rd round. I think it's incredibly hard for these lads to make a breakthrough and playing them in understrength sides makes it even harder. Yes, you can get flashes. We get that with Naby as well and we're still waiting for him to be the player we want.

At least with Brewster if we do sell and insert a buy back clause and he does look good elsewhere, what have we really got to lose?

Let's be a bit honest with ourselves. Origi is shocking 9 times out of 10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Name one person on here that wanted him gone. 

I apologise for doing this, he’s already gotten nasty with me for bringing it up previously, but you asked so.......

1892-LFCWasBorn, on 02 Oct 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'll be brutally honest, I want Klopp gone. It's not going to get any better under him.

there were a few others if I remember correctly, Funnneeee and Eeyore among them but can’t be arsed  trawling for them

4 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

I apologise for doing this, he’s already gotten nasty with me for bringing it up previously, but you asked so.......

1892-LFCWasBorn, on 02 Oct 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I'll be brutally honest, I want Klopp gone. It's not going to get any better under him.

there were a few others if I remember correctly, Funnneeee and Eeyore among them but can’t be arsed  trawling for them

I wasn't going to be the one that brought it up, but i remember that happening.

It's the main reason I remember his name, although he seems to have put it behind him (unsurprisingly).