You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

3 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

If I could be arsed I'd go back to the 2019 transfer thread where the top reds were telling everybody that we didn't sign an attacker because the manager rated Rhian Brewster so highly.

James Pearce and his gang of cunts couldn't stop telling us about it. The greatest academy prospect since Michael Owen we were told. And here we are, with fuck all offensive backup, willingly selling our golden child to Sheffield fucking United. 

And you wonder why nobody believes the bullshit being peddled right now about us being broke. Because it's just this year's spin.

Separately - it's a disgrace we're being put in a position that we're having to sell our top youngsters to pay for first team reinforcements. Klopp probably wants Rhian on the books because he loves a player but has been told of the interest and told "well...if you want a first team player, this looks like the only money we can use for it".

There was hype around Brewster at some point, but that's not permanent. I don't think Klopp rates Brewster that highly. Simple as that. For example, you can see he rates Jones. That kid will never go on loan, he gets consistent sub appearances now. Brewster just isn't at that level. If we end up using Brewster to gather funds, I struggle to see how that's a disgrace.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

There was hype around Brewster at some point, but that's not permanent. I don't think Klopp rates Brewster that highly. Simple as that. For example, you can see he rates Jones. That kid will never go on loan, he gets consistent sub appearances now. Brewster just isn't at that level. If we end up using Brewster to gather funds, I struggle to see how that's a disgrace.

Beautiful work, I congratulate you.

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I ain't getting involved in the Brewster talent argument but it is pathetic a club of our stature looking to Sheffield United to fund a first team player  .  Let that sink in .  

Leaving aside the question of whether FSG are absolute cunts during this window I find it hard to be arsed about Brewster leaving. He's a good player and has potential, but I don't see him as a Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler-level talent. 

He's a good finisher but that's about it. He doesn't seem like a player that can lead the line or drop in to link the play and he's not quick enough to stand-in for Mane or Salah out wide. Unless we switch to a 4-4-2 (not gonna happen) or 4-2-3-1 I just don't see where he possibly fits in with Liverpool. 

He looked out of his depth in the league cup last season and Harvey Elliott, at 16, looked way more impressive. His loan spell at Swansea is also being blown up as an example of his mega talent, but while 11 in 22 is impressive it's hardly earth shattering. Owen or Fowler were tearing up the Premier League at the same age as Brewster (and internationally in Owen's case too). 

If he goes for 25m-30m, with a buyback, then that's good business. We need a Sarr or a Doku because without one of Mane or Salah we are fucked.

• Upvote 4

Klopp renewing is vital.  The fans will have to stick with him if we have a bad season though, I think this is almost guaranteed considering the intensity we play at and when you take the 30 year wait/hangover into account.  Also, you can't expect all of our kids and cheap buys to deliver year upon year.

Get him signed up, we just need Pep to go and we can have a good go at dominating for years to come!

Plus it seems like we need the prize money otherwise we will have to sell our big players.

1 minute ago, Code said:

Keeping Origi and selling Brewster would be typical for us.

Agree. Keeping somebody who has done little enough aside from scoring goals in European Cup Finals, European Cup Semi-Finals and too many derbies to mention while selling somebody who hasn't shown that much for us and may not be suited to our style of play is an absolute disgrace.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I agree with you, I'm just pointing out how everybody on here and the fuckwit shill journalists talking about how 'Brewster is the future' last summer to excuse our lack of spending was a load of absolute bollocks. Just like the excuses this year are a load of bollocks too.

And it's not a disgrace to let him go if we don't rate him, it is a disgrace that we HAVE to let him go in order to spend any money. But i'm sure the cuckolds will be here in force making excuses for the owners.

Tried to furlough staff. Raise tickets to ridiculous prices. Trademark the word Liverpool. Have never fulfilled their promises of improving the stadium. "bUt iTs oKAy bEcAUse tHey aRE rUnninG uS lIke a SuStainaBle bUsinESs", whilst being multibillionaire hedge fund owners.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

Leaving aside the question of whether FSG are absolute cunts during this window I find it hard to be arsed about Brewster leaving. He's a good player and has potential, but I don't see him as a Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler-level talent. 

He's a good finisher but that's about it. He doesn't seem like a player that can lead the line or drop in to link the play and he's not quick enough to stand-in for Mane or Salah out wide. Unless we switch to a 4-4-2 (not gonna happen) or 4-2-3-1 I just don't see where he possibly fits in with Liverpool. 

He looked out of his depth in the league cup last season and Harvey Elliott, at 16, looked way more impressive. His loan spell at Swansea is also being blown up as an example of his mega talent, but while 11 in 22 is impressive it's hardly earth shattering. Owen or Fowler were tearing up the Premier League at the same age as Brewster (and internationally in Owen's case too). 

If he goes for 25m-30m, with a buyback, then that's good business. We need a Sarr or a Doku because without one of Mane or Salah we are fucked.

I think he will be a very good Striker for a club but not at this version of Liverpool. It's not that he's a bad player, it's that he's not the kind of player who can work in our system. 

24 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Tried to furlough staff. Raise tickets to ridiculous prices. Trademark the word Liverpool. Have never fulfilled their promises of improving the stadium. "bUt iTs oKAy bEcAUse tHey aRE rUnninG uS lIke a SuStainaBle bUsinESs", whilst being multibillionaire hedge fund owners.

I think they're all very fair points but I wouldn't criticise them over the stadium.

It's not perfect yet, but I think staying at Anfield (one that still looks pretty much like Anfield) is a vastly better outcome for fans than ending up in one of those horrific Arsenal/Man City/West Ham IKEA-bowls.  No doubt it was an economic rather than an emotional decision, but it will be one of their greatest legacies when they're gone along with appointing Klopp.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Let's be honest, Brewster hasn't been given a real chance to prove himself in the 1st team. However if Klopp thinks he isn't going to work out I trust him. A buy back clause for not much more than the asking price would be good business sense.

I think we were all expecting the transfer coffers to be bursting this year because of sales that haven't materialised (yet). I still say the player I'd like is Buendia.

8 hours ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

Cant blame Mourinho on Parrott, they arent just rough lads but the Kinahans and Byrnes. Think he is related to the Byrnes.

Jesus that's a bit of a pr disaster right there if he becomes the player he's supposedly destined to become.

I don't see how any big club would want to be associated with that, unless the kid was the next Messi. Hillarious in a way that you might have Spurs pumping a bit into local youth services trying to get kids away from drugs and gangs and this lad is related or at least friends with one of the biggest cartels in Europe. I mean looking back in the cold light of day, I defended Luis for some mad shit (I still have a soft spot for the crazy lunatic) but trying to condone Parrott's mates would be a hard sell. I suppose if he isn't directly involved it's not fair to tarnish him.

For me selling Brewster should be judged on whether we want to sell him or whether we have to sell him. If it’s simply a good deal with a safety net of a buy back clause then that’s fine. If they’re selling off talented youngsters to scrimp up the funds to give Klopp a player he wants then that’s shit. Billionaire businessmen should be able to find ways of funding the most talented individual in his field and if we don’t bring a few players in before the end of the window then it’s a negative.

1 hour ago, INTORRESTING said:

Klopp renewing is vital.  The fans will have to stick with him if we have a bad season though, I think this is almost guaranteed considering the intensity we play at and when you take the 30 year wait/hangover into account.  Also, you can't expect all of our kids and cheap buys to deliver year upon year.

Get him signed up, we just need Pep to go and we can have a good go at dominating for years to come!

Plus it seems like we need the prize money otherwise we will have to sell our big players.

Indeed it is vital, but I doubt that a lot of our fans will stick by him if we have a bad season, seems ridiculous even saying that, but some of our fans are knee jerk, self entitled twats. Jurgen was getting some stick on social media for the performances during the restart, and we’d just won the fucking League.There were a few on here that wanted him gone 12-18 months after he arrived. I despair of our fans sometimes. 

• Upvote 4