You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

I can't believe I'm defending Mourinho here, but I can't help but feel his managenent style doesn't suit the milennial footballer. A lot of his old players at Porto, Chelsea and Inter love him. At Real, he seems to have taken on some big time dickheads so hard to know if it's him or them. At United, he called out cunts like Pogba. At Spurs, it's evident some of them are knobheads.

He is completely passed it. He was a great manager and is now a pale shadow of what he was. It's great to see.

34 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I can't believe I'm defending Mourinho here, but I can't help but feel his managenent style doesn't suit the milennial footballer. A lot of his old players at Porto, Chelsea and Inter love him. At Real, he seems to have taken on some big time dickheads so hard to know if it's him or them. At United, he called out cunts like Pogba. At Spurs, it's evident some of them are knobheads.

He is completely passed it. He was a great manager and is now a pale shadow of what he was. It's great to see.

I don't think there's any doubt they need their egos stroking now, but it's a fine line, because some of these players are cunts regardless of manager or management style. They're just cunts. Klopp saw sakho was one of them and fucking bombed him as soon as he realised he couldn't be sorted. 

I don’t understand why anyone would go anywhere near Alli.  He’s been shite for ages after playing well in a sort of support striker role behind Kane.  It’s so obvious without any knowledge of that documentary that he’s a lazy twat with a bad attitude.  He’s one of these players who’s been indulged for too long.  He kept getting picked for England for ages despite being complete shite (classic England to be fair).

I also don’t know where this idea that Klopp would be great for him or players like him comes from.  Klopp takes underrated players with a great work ethic and develops them.  Alli wouldn’t stand 5 minutes under Klopp.  He also wouldn’t suit any position on the pitch in any system Klopp plays.

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think there's any doubt they need their egos stroking now, but it's a fine line, because some of these players are cunts regardless of manager or management style. They're just cunts. Klopp saw sakho was one of them and fucking bombed him as soon as he realised he couldn't be sorted. 

Yeah Jurgen could manage players in any era. To be fair, maybe it's because we are winning but I don't see many players in our squad that aren't likeable.

https://football-talk.co.uk/159063/liverpool-register-interest-in-signing-6ft-2-star-as-klopp-looks-to-strengthen/

denis-zakaria.jpg

Liverpool have registered their interest in signing Borussia Monchengladbach’s defensive midfielder Denis Zakaria as Jurgen Klopp looks to strengthen his options in the middle of the park, according to Bild via the Daily Mail.

Klopp has been very quiet in the transfer market so far this summer as Konstantinos Tsimikas has been his only major signing with the Greek international arriving from Olympiacos last month.

The Liverpool boss is understandably happy with his squad after they won the Premier League title by a whopping 18 points last season but some fans are calling for the German coach to add to his ranks after they narrowly beat Leeds United 4-3 on the opening weekend of the season.

Central midfield is an area Liverpool have been tipped to strengthen and they’ve been strongly linked with a move for Thiago Alcantara in recent weeks but so far no deal has been agreed for the Bayern Munich star.

It appears Klopp is keeping his options open as the Daily Mail are citing a report from the paper version of Bild that claims Liverpool have now registered their interest in signing Zakaria from Borussia Monchengladbach.

thiago-alcantara-bayern-2019-20.jpg

The 6ft 2in defensive midfielder has impressed in Germany since joining Monchengladbach from Young Boys in 2017 and he’s racked up almost 100 appearances for the club over the past three years.

It seems his form has caught the attention of Klopp’s scouts and the report says Monchengladbach are prepared to do business if £37m is put on the table as they are ready to cash-in before he enters the final year of his contract next summer.

Zakaria is a no-nonsense defensive midfielder who is solid on the ball and can fill-in at centre-back if required so he’d be the ideal support for Fabinho if Liverpool end up luring him to Anfield this summer.

We’ll have to wait and see how things progress but as much as the Switzerland international would be a solid addition to Klopp’s squad, some fans may feel the club should prioritise signing Thiago instead.

The Bayern star is a world class talent and would immediately enhance Liverpool’s starting eleven whereas Zikaria would probably be seen more as a squad player so I think the Reds will still do all they can to land Thiago.

54 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Yeah Jurgen could manage players in any era. To be fair, maybe it's because we are winning but I don't see many players in our squad that aren't likeable.

Yeah, it's hard to be sure.  It they certainly.all seem like good professionals and from the outside they also appear to enjoy each others company. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

He can talk about things outside of the sport - family support, emotional motivation, priorities etc and be credible.

If Mou Mou tried that every player would be thinking - "Yea, but you are a massive cunt so..."

52 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He can talk about things outside of the sport - family support, emotional motivation, priorities etc and be credible.

If Mou Mou tried that every player would be thinking - "Yea, but you are a massive cunt so..."

Yeah he's just a top person. 

Think Pep is far more unlikeable than Mourinho. Plays the nice guy act but once he loses throws his toys out of the pram. Mourinho is a cunt and wears it with pride. Ole is the biggest cunt of all. Fuck all managerial ability and pedigree with a passive aggressive approach and knows the soundbites to keep the hordes buying into him. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Completely agree with this. 

I'm 37 and even those 10 years younger than me seem so fucking different. You can see how the players first spell at Chelsea loved him, Gerrard seems to aswell. All of them players are just over 40. By the time he came back the players had changed, same at Utd they hated him

Klopp ability to connect with younger players is amazing. 

There also seems to be more and more players at the top level that don't actually like football, turn up walk through training, play a game and go home. Don't watch other games, don't know who they are playing etc 

6 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

https://football-talk.co.uk/159063/liverpool-register-interest-in-signing-6ft-2-star-as-klopp-looks-to-strengthen/

denis-zakaria.jpg

Liverpool have registered their interest in signing Borussia Monchengladbach’s defensive midfielder Denis Zakaria as Jurgen Klopp looks to strengthen his options in the middle of the park, according to Bild via the Daily Mail.

Klopp has been very quiet in the transfer market so far this summer as Konstantinos Tsimikas has been his only major signing with the Greek international arriving from Olympiacos last month.

The Liverpool boss is understandably happy with his squad after they won the Premier League title by a whopping 18 points last season but some fans are calling for the German coach to add to his ranks after they narrowly beat Leeds United 4-3 on the opening weekend of the season.

Central midfield is an area Liverpool have been tipped to strengthen and they’ve been strongly linked with a move for Thiago Alcantara in recent weeks but so far no deal has been agreed for the Bayern Munich star.

It appears Klopp is keeping his options open as the Daily Mail are citing a report from the paper version of Bild that claims Liverpool have now registered their interest in signing Zakaria from Borussia Monchengladbach.

thiago-alcantara-bayern-2019-20.jpg

The 6ft 2in defensive midfielder has impressed in Germany since joining Monchengladbach from Young Boys in 2017 and he’s racked up almost 100 appearances for the club over the past three years.

It seems his form has caught the attention of Klopp’s scouts and the report says Monchengladbach are prepared to do business if £37m is put on the table as they are ready to cash-in before he enters the final year of his contract next summer.

Zakaria is a no-nonsense defensive midfielder who is solid on the ball and can fill-in at centre-back if required so he’d be the ideal support for Fabinho if Liverpool end up luring him to Anfield this summer.

We’ll have to wait and see how things progress but as much as the Switzerland international would be a solid addition to Klopp’s squad, some fans may feel the club should prioritise signing Thiago instead.

The Bayern star is a world class talent and would immediately enhance Liverpool’s starting eleven whereas Zikaria would probably be seen more as a squad player so I think the Reds will still do all they can to land Thiago.

"The Bayern star is a world class talent and would immediately enhance Liverpool’s starting eleven whereas Zikaria would probably be seen more as a squad player so I think the Reds will still do all they can to land Thiago."

Except spend money

2 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

"The Bayern star is a world class talent and would immediately enhance Liverpool’s starting eleven whereas Zikaria would probably be seen more as a squad player so I think the Reds will still do all they can to land Thiago."

Except spend money

We’ve only got another three weeks to keep the suspense going before submerging and maintaining radio silence on deadline day.

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

You listening Ruddock

It's funny, I did think about him when I posted that. He's an example of what happens without good leadership. He joined Liverpool when souness had pretty much lost his authority in the dressing room (if indeed he ever had it) and then Roy was too soft on them all. Souness on the other hand was someone who's lifestyle wasn't great till Paisley sorted him out and he got to benefit from a manager who knew every time he went out. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's funny, I did think about him when I posted that. He's an example of what happens without good leadership. He joined Liverpool when souness had pretty much lost his authority in the dressing room (if indeed he ever had it) and then Roy was too soft on them all. Souness on the other hand was someone who's lifestyle wasn't great till Paisley sorted him out and he got to benefit from a manager who knew every time he went out. 

Embarrassing he ever wore the shirt.

Was most probably the reason that team underperformed so much.

Remember when Collymore signed and one of the first things on TV was "great night out with the lads!"

Found his level now as a bare arsed waster happy to look a twat as long as there's a payday.

15 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Embarrassing he ever wore the shirt.

Was most probably the reason that team underperformed so much.

Remember when Collymore signed and one of the first things on TV was "great night out with the lads!"

Found his level now as a bare arsed waster happy to look a twat as long as there's a payday.

I do blame Roy Evans for a lot of that though. Even allowing Collymore to carry on living in the midlands showed you how much power was in the dressing room and not the managers office. Ruddock was a prick - no doubt about that - but all those fellas we're out on the ale when I was in my 20's myself. You saw them all everywhere - Ruddock maybe led them astray, but Redknapp, Fowler & Mcmanaman we're out on it all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I do blame Roy Evans for a lot of that though. Even allowing Collymore to carry on living in the midlands showed you how much power was in the dressing room and not the managers office. Ruddock was a prick - no doubt about that - but all those fellas we're out on the ale when I was in my 20's myself. You saw them all everywhere - Ruddock maybe led them astray, but Redknapp, Fowler & Mcmanaman we're out on it all the time. 

You couldn't go in the Arena bar in town without running into at least one of them.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yea, got to agree with that, such a shame as we should have won more.

Can't remember which programme is was on, (could have been the word)all you have named where on the ale.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cloggypop said:

Memphis Depay to Barcelona. 

Not sure mate ! According to L’Equipe.fr, no offer from Barca yet , contrary what the Dutch paper said (are you Dutch ?).

it seems Barca have to get rid of Suarez and Vidal before signing anyone. 

L’Equipe also wrote Barca are broke. 

2 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Not sure mate ! According to L’Equipe.fr, no offer from Barca yet , contrary what the Dutch paper said (are you Dutch ?).

it seems Barca have to get rid of Suarez and Vidal before signing anyone. 

L’Equipe also wrote Barca are broke. 

Not Dutch, just live in the Netherlands. All the Dutch papers going with it but I reckon l'Equipe probably know more.