You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

5 hours ago, YNWA-Viking said:

Pitaluga, a young Brazilian keeper, is on his way for a medical. Confirmed by the selling team. He was on the bench for the Brazilian U17 national team that recently won the U17 World Cup.

https://www.fluminense.com.br/noticia/fluminense-negocia-marcelo-pitaluga-com-o-liverpool

Alisson's brother is his mentor. I guess he recommended him to Ali who asked us to take it forward.

The Times is saying that Mbappe has let PSG know that this is going to be his last season there.

I'm not saying this is definite, but he definitely likes Liverpool and I could easily imagine a world in which he's had some conversations with us. It could be part of the reason we've kept our powder dry this summer and opted to basically run out the same team we had last year. Obviously that's massively speculative but put yourself in Edwards' place if that were the case: buy Werner, or wait a year and buy Mbappe?

It would make sense, no? The only real question is which one of Mo and Mane you sell next summer to make it happen.

10 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

The Times is saying that Mbappe has let PSG know that this is going to be his last season there.

I'm not saying this is definite, but he definitely likes Liverpool and I could easily imagine a world in which he's had some conversations with us. It could be part of the reason we've kept our powder dry this summer and opted to basically run out the same team we had last year. Obviously that's massively speculative but put yourself in Edwards' place if that were the case: buy Werner, or wait a year and buy Mbappe?

It would make sense, no? The only real question is which one of Mo and Mane you sell next summer to make it happen.

I mean come on.

Surely this summer has shown that we will never sign Mbappe, or any other player in that cost bracket as long as FSG own this football club. 

It’s not as mad as it sounds. It would however be wholly dependent on selling one of Mane / Salah; Mbappe would almost certainly be a downgrade on Salah. Different kind of player to Mane.

If we had some kind of stockpile of money, Mbappe would be possible along with the sale of one of the front 3, but it's been shown we're not mega loaded, so I doubt it. But if there's a grand plan where we're keeping funds for a signing like that, that would be great. I'd put the odds at Real Madrid 60% us 20 and Barca 20. I don't think there's really anybody else in the race for him.

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'd put the odds at Real Madrid 60% us 20 and Barca 20. I don't think there's really anybody else in the race for him.

Every single top club will want Mbappe.

If United don't sign Sancho they may use those funds towards him. 

Mbappe has said previously that its his dream to play for Real Madrid. I think its between them and either City or United. 

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Every single top club will want Mbappe.

If United don't sign Sancho they may use those funds towards him. 

Mbappe has said previously that its his dream to play for Real Madrid. I think its between them and either City or United. 

Yeah, everyone will want him. I guess it depends where clubs will stand at the end of the season. If United take a step up, maybe they enter the race. Either way, it'll be either the Premier League or Barca/Real Madrid, with Madrid the heavy favourites.

Paul Gorst 

19th September 2020

Liverpool FC are bewildered at recent media reports linking them with Kylian Mbappe. Jurgen Klopp feels signing the French World Cup winning international would block 16 year old Oakley Cannonier’s pathway to the first team.

Something about Michael Edwards’ transfer record, yada yada yada, the academy is moving to one big site with the first team, all that stuff. Just copy the rest of it from the same article as usual. Ta.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

He will end up in barcelona i reckon

Messi can walk at the end of the year and they will try and get him

He’s always said in French media he would end up playing for Madrid. Zidane wanted him and still does.

He's smart, his parents are too. Nobody knows at the moment what  their plan is. It’s well documented he really wants to achieve big things with Paris where’s he’s from. It may be heard to believe vas understand it, but PSG has always been very popular with people from Ile de France.

The thing is he had not improved a lot since the WC, so he may want to leave. But where ? Straight to Real as it is his dream move, or does he think he’s young enough for another journey ?

14 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Go on, start the mbappe 2021 thread. I reckon there's more chance we'll sign me. 

36 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Today’s bullshit ITK rumour.

I wouldn't be arsed about this if we got someone in. He's never fit and I think klopp doesn't see him as a central mid any more and he certainly isn't good enough to back up our front 3. The biggest problem for us is he's English, we'd pretty much have to replace him with another English player, so it wouldn't help the thiago situation. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

Go on, start the mbappe 2021 thread. I reckon there's more chance we'll sign me. 

I wouldn't be arsed about this if we got someone in. He's never fit and I think klopp doesn't see him as a central mid any more and he certainly isn't good enough to back up our front 3. The biggest problem for us is he's English, we'd pretty much have to replace him with another English player, so it wouldn't help the thiago situation. 

id be with you on that.

Seems a lovely lad, but his injury record, unfortunately, is terrible. Not the lads fault, just the way he's made im afraid. 

Id have no issues with him leaving, but equally wouldnt be upset if he stays.  

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

id be with you on that.

Seems a lovely lad, but his injury record, unfortunately, is terrible. Not the lads fault, just the way he's made im afraid. 

Id have no issues with him leaving, but equally wouldnt be upset if he stays.  

He definitely seems a good lad and a good pro and klopp loves that. It's a shame he's so fragile because he was looking good before that big injury. I wonder who we'd replace him with? Unless we replace him with Wilson and use the money on thiago? 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He definitely seems a good lad and a good pro and klopp loves that. It's a shame he's so fragile because he was looking good before that big injury. I wonder who we'd replace him with? Unless we replace him with Wilson and use the money on thiago? 

im not slating the lad, but anything is an upgrade on him, because he's rarely available.

I dont think Wilson is a bad shout actually, he does always have those free kicks in his locker thats for sure. 

34 minutes ago, kemskem said:

In this case it’s a bad knock like Henderson’s so I’m not sure you can blame it on fragility, but he has been seriously unlucky when you consider how well he was doing for us.

he's been like that throughout his career though hasn't he? he's been playing 1st team football for 10 years and hasn't managed 250 games yet - and a large slice of his appearances must be subs. there's no reason to suspect he is suddenly going to become a 50 game per season player. 

22 hours ago, YNWA-Viking said:

Pitaluga, a young Brazilian keeper, is on his way for a medical. Confirmed by the selling team. He was on the bench for the Brazilian U17 national team that recently won the U17 World Cup.

https://www.fluminense.com.br/noticia/fluminense-negocia-marcelo-pitaluga-com-o-liverpool

"THE BENCH!"