You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Some of these relegation threatened clubs must feel like they have no choice but to spend big. Relegation in a Covid world could sink some of these clubs completely.

I'd have thought for 33m they could have got divock, who by all accounts is only on 45k per week with us. So you'd think he'd be less of a risk for them. I think sometimes some sides just like to go for some type of flavour of the day And Watkins seed to be the hipsters player of choice from the championship in the post lockdown mini season. 

He’s going to Madrid isn’t he? I don’t know why we don’t sign one of two of these youngsters a year. I know it’s a big outlay for young players that won’t affect our first team but we don’t need to affect the first team and even if they don’t live up to their potential the market will have grown to a point that we’ll lose very little by the time they’re sold. The upside being we have a team of the worlds best young players getting games and pushing the first team hard.

What would Daka and Camavinga cost? Haaland would have gotten games. As long as they’re not English they’re probably affordable.

16 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

He’s going to Madrid isn’t he? I don’t know why we don’t sign one of two of these youngsters a year. I know it’s a big outlay for young players that won’t affect our first team but we don’t need to affect the first team and even if they don’t live up to their potential the market will have grown to a point that we’ll lose very little by the time they’re sold. The upside being we have a team of the worlds best young players getting games and pushing the first team hard.

What would Daka and Camavinga cost? Haaland would have gotten games. As long as they’re not English they’re probably affordable.

For the same reason we don't sign any cunt unless we sell player/s first.

5 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Really hope we don't sell Brewster. 

Klopp is here 5 years and all the evidence points to your LFC future being over as soon as you're loaned out. He said it very early on he wants players learning here and he's backed it up by actions. Only Origi has ever gone on loan and come back into the first team and it's safe to assume that was only because we couldn't sell for an acceptable price.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Think it is inevitable unless he breaks through this year...i know he missed a load of football but he will be 21 by end of season.

How many of the really top strikers around had not done it or are not doing by age of 21?

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Think it is inevitable unless he breaks through this year...i know he missed a load of football but he will be 21 by end of season.

How many of the really top strikers around had not done it or are not doing by age of 21?

i don't think any of our current front 3 were smashing it at 21. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

The club has spent the last couple of years bigging him up massively on it's own social media channels so it would be a surprise to see him sold without making any meaningful performances for us, even with a buyback fee unless it's some cackhanded way of getting cash in to make the books look better now, then buying him back on the cheap within 2 years if he lives up to previous expectations.

My personal view is that I'm not sure why he wouldn't be best served training with our squad and getting proper time on the pitch here but there you go. I think it's in Klopp's philosophy to not just dole out first team appearances for the sake of it but I don't necessarily agree with it if you're going to go to the trouble of putting them on the bench in the first place, for instance I thought Elliott should have seen some decent time on the pitch bearing in mind we had 5 subs to play with after the restart.

If he's going to stick to that and doesn't see Brewster as good enough to even warrant a place above Origi on the bench then I suppose a parting is inevitable, and I would guess in that scenario probably justified as I think we're all largely in agreement that a better option than Origi is a priority.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

If he's not going to play then whats the point? The lad needs to play games and if he doesn't fit with us which all the evidence points too then he's better off going and we use the money to get somebody else. 

He did look a right cunt smugly getting his hair cut in his champions league winners medal, mind. I'd give him away just for that.

Admittedly that's a generational thing, as I would have Clint Eastwooded at the video whether he had that, a Jimmy'll Fix It badge or Tony's Ma round his neck.

32 minutes ago, Wicket said:

The club has spent the last couple of years bigging him up massively on it's own social media channels so it would be a surprise to see him sold without making any meaningful performances for us, even with a buyback fee unless it's some cackhanded way of getting cash in to make the books look better now, then buying him back on the cheap within 2 years if he lives up to previous expectations.

My personal view is that I'm not sure why he wouldn't be best served training with our squad and getting proper time on the pitch here but there you go. I think it's in Klopp's philosophy to not just dole out first team appearances for the sake of it but I don't necessarily agree with it if you're going to go to the trouble of putting them on the bench in the first place, for instance I thought Elliott should have seen some decent time on the pitch bearing in mind we had 5 subs to play with after the restart.

If he's going to stick to that and doesn't see Brewster as good enough to even warrant a place above Origi on the bench then I suppose a parting is inevitable, and I would guess in that scenario probably justified as I think we're all largely in agreement that a better option than Origi is a priority.

I think you have hit the nail on the head when you say klopp doesn't want to give away first team appearances. The fact is in the tail end of the season, even though kids got a run, I always felt they got it when they would appear next in line for a game on merit. The only exception I can think is where Williams got 45 mins at left back and I think that was a genuine experiment to see if he looked like he could do a job there so when Lovren went if he looked like he could do a job at left back we might not have bought Kostas and let Williams back up both full back positions and spent the lovren money either on a centre back or put it towards the thiago fund.

8 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

He did look a right cunt smugly getting his hair cut in his champions league winners medal, mind. I'd give him away just for that.

Admittedly that's a generational thing, as I would have Clint Eastwooded at the video whether he had that, a Jimmy'll Fix It badge or Tony's Ma round his neck.

That is a constant cause of laughter with me and some of my mates. I love the idea Klopp makes them all feel a part of the squad, but ffs, have some humility you must have known you contributed less than the fucking ball boys and they didn't get a medal. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

More baffled that they want to sell him as he is homegrown and there was some excuse that we hadn't bought anyone because we needed to keep our quota of homegrown players over foreign ones.

he's still on the U21 quota isn't he and doesn't count towards our homegrown allocation?